🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 344 — Classic Switcheroo

Ryan Hansen and Jamie Chung of Hulu’s Resident Advisors get it percolatin’ on a B-B-B-ONUS-S-S Comedy Bing Bong! They’ll tell us all about the fun they had while creating all these hours of content before The Hooray Show’s Horatio Sanz walks into the studio to tell us about his new venture of managing the career of 1930‘s actress Bitsy Boo-Carmichael. Then, Jarles decides to pop in once again for more of his #ClassicJarles antics. Plus, Bitsy shows off her acting chops as she reads a script alongside Ryan & Jamie for season 2 of Resident Advisors.

• Like 1

These bonus eps always seem to appear when I need them the most

• Like 9

That picture of Paul's hearty laughter makes me feel a lot better on this dreary Thursday morning.

• Like 7

So, is Jane Lynch the only Party Down regular who hasn't appeared on the podcast? Scott almost has the full pack.

I watched the first two episodes of Resident Advisors earlier, it's pretty good.

• Like 3

This was some good, uhh, content. Loved that Jarles returned so fast (#classicjarles) and the small disdain in Scott's voice when he realized who PFT was playing. I really do hope that Scott's call sheet questioning becomes a regular feature, it's almost as obnoxious as the good old "how much money you make" bit he used to make.

• Like 7

Does anyone know what boots Ryan is wearing?

Those have the classic (not Jarles) yellow stitching of Doctor Martens. As to the specific boot, I'm not 100% sure, but it looks like possibly an old pair of 1460s.

This is such an attractive line up

obviously you are referring to the attractiveness of the personalities of all the guests (and host) -- otherwise, what kind of monster would you be if you mentioned jarles' fantastic suit and perfectly coiffed mustachio -- or even Bitsy's Boo's perfect teeth?!?

just kidding, i would bone all the people on the this ep, in one big writhing mass of flesh, no less.

• Like 14

Oh god, I love that they actually brought Horatio Sanz on for this... The first time Bitsy-Boo appeared, the fact that Horatio got abruptly wrangled into her canon, it slayed me.

• Like 13

Oh god, I love that they actually brought Horatio Sanz on for this... The first time Bitsy-Boo appeared, the fact that Horatio got abruptly wrangled into her canon, it slayed me..

right? as crazy as that whole bit/character was, the part about horatio being involved made perfect sense

• Like 1

right? as crazy as that whole bit/character was, the part about horatio being involved made perfect sense

I love it when guests get rolled up into character mythologies, shades of Garry and Gilly.

• Like 1

Scott's taking it back to CDR roots by asking uncomfortable questions.

"Where are you on the call sheet?" is the new "How much do you make in a year?"

• Like 6

I love the moment Horatio just goes all in, 'She has fun and I get off.' Like you can hear him just deciding, 'This has been fun and all the plugs are pretty well done so let's get nuts.'

• Like 3

You know when somebody you really like is a first-timer and you feel relieved when they gel in perfectly with some quality lines? That was me after listening to Ryan Hansen on this. Everybody was very funny. Great few weeks of Bing Bong.

• Like 5

Here's what we know about this Jarles character so far:

• Male, 40 years old
  • "rail thin"
  • constantly grimacing
  • says "dude"
  • aversion to seafood
  • suffers from a diaphragm condition that makes it difficult for him to push words out of his mouth
  • also suffers from soft teeth
  • patriotic
  • devout (religion not specified, but assume christian)
  • his profession is a fencing instructor

That's all we have to work with for now. Maybe we can get someone in behavioral science to work up a profile.

• Like 14

When I got to Everyone's Favorite Feature™ and Bitsy didn't plug a Wild Horses show or @mholland85 on Twitter, I became very disoriented, until I checked the episode page. Apologies to Jocelyn DeBoer, although being mistaken for a master improviser like Mary Holland is (probably) a great honor in some cultures!

Ryan Hansen also bears an uncanny resemblance to Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, although they're easier to tell apart because Jay Cutler has never once smiled.

• Like 1

Here's what we know about this Jarles character so far:

• Male, 40 years old
  • "rail thin"
  • constantly grimacing
  • says "dude"
  • aversion to seafood
  • suffers from a diaphragm condition that makes it difficult for him to push words out of his mouth
  • also suffers from soft teeth
  • patriotic
  • devout (religion not specified, but assume christian)
  • his profession is a fencing instructor

That's all we have to work with for now. Maybe we can get someone in behavioral science to work up a profile.

I think it's James Bond who recently was punched in the mouth very hard.

• Like 1

Oh god, I love that they actually brought Horatio Sanz on for this... The first time Bitsy-Boo appeared, the fact that Horatio got abruptly wrangled into her canon, it slayed me.

OH god, I totally forgot about that! Now it makes so much more sense that Horatio was Bitsy-Boo's manager, dumb me. Does it make me a bad fan for not remembering every single detail in CBB canon? I hope that I won't be locked in the plug bag with Jesse Ventura..

I think it's James Bond who recently was punched in the mouth very hard.

PFT as James Bond? I'd pay to see that. I think it would be some premium C+ content.