πŸ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Γ—
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 344 β€” Classic Switcheroo

Yes please. Add in Dabney for holy trinity of old men.

Β 

Can we stretch out Paul F a little more by having Rev. Parsimony swing by?

• Like 3

Guest Sanjay Yngwie Gupta Malmsteen

Listening since CDR days, love this podcast.

Β 

Just want to put it out there though that, to my earholes at least, somewhere along the way, Paul F Tompkins has gone from consistently amusing to downright insufferable.

Β 

To 'get' his comedy seems like imposed admiration, requiring you to find every giddy laughter break precious and his passive-aggressive, ornery style as awe-inspiring.

Β 

Thomas Middleditch's recent appearance was a breath of fresh air...hilarious and instantly accessible and absolutely no airs. It created authentic joy without the pomp, scenery-chewing and cutesiness of PFT.

Β 

Unfortunately at this point, I'd have to give Paul F Tompkins' ubiquitous presence & irritating output an A+.

• Like 1

I thought Hansen had been on here before just by how at ease he seemed with everything. But nope, a newbie... and an impressive one at that. I always thought his character was understated on Party Down, so I look forward to checking out Resident Advisors.

I thought Hansen had been on here before just by how at ease he seemed with everything. But nope, a newbie... and an impressive one at that. I always thought his character was understated on Party Down, so I look forward to checking out Resident Advisors.

Β 

yeah he was great! I hope he comes back. I met him years ago I was a PA on this web series thing he acted in, super nice guy in real life, the opposite of a lot of the douchey characters he plays. When you're basically the least important person on set you learn really quickly who the assholes are, he was a cool dude.

• Like 2

Here's what we know about this Jarles character so far:

• Male, 40 years old
  • "rail thin"
  • constantly grimacing
  • says "dude"
  • aversion to seafood
  • suffers from a diaphragm condition that makes it difficult for him to push words out of his mouth
  • also suffers from soft teeth
  • patriotic
  • devout (religion not specified, but assume christian)
  • his profession is a fencing instructor

That's all we have to work with for now. Maybe we can get someone in behavioral science to work up a profile.

Maybe we could also get a 96 year old who has lived in all 50 states to whip up a caricature of Jarles. *fingers crossed*

Β 

I know I'm no Dabney but I couldn't resist giving it a shot.

Β 

HLqB65B.jpg

• Like 5

When I got to Everyone's Favorite Featureβ„’ and Bitsy didn't plug a Wild Horses show or @mholland85 on Twitter, I became very disoriented, until I checked the episode page. Apologies to Jocelyn DeBoer, although being mistaken for a master improviser like Mary Holland is (probably) a great honor in some cultures!

Β 

Ryan Hansen also bears an uncanny resemblance to Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler, although they're easier to tell apart because Jay Cutler has never once smiled.

Β 

Β 

Hansen might be a better quarterback.

• Like 1

The content of the ep is not what's important here. What's important is that picture of PFT. Is he really that small? Have they been enlarging him in the photos all these years but someone (Cody) forgot to do it today? Let's see if they abruptly take it down.

Β 

It's just a perspective trick. Paul F is actually sitting at the end of a hallway that's painted to look like it's not there when viewed from that exact angle.

• Like 2

I IMDB-eed Jamie Chung and her first real acting gig after "The Real World" and "Real World / Road Rules Challenge" was an episode of "Veronica Mars" called "Spit & Eggs" ( Season 3, Episode 9 ) so Jamie and Ryan have ( sorta ) work together before...

Β 

Jania.jpg

More proof that PFT is a micro-man.

Capture_zpsznn4loj1.jpg

How does a picture of JW Stillwater prove that Paul F. Tompkins is a small man?

• Like 7

How does a picture of JW Stillwater prove that Paul F. Tompkins is a small man?

Β 

Y'all hear that height go?

• Like 2