🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 21 — Casey Feigh, Dave Theune: NBA on NPR

Welcome to NBA on NPR, the only NBA broadcast on NPR with your hosts Bill, 3-time NBA Champion (Dave Theune) and Phil, 3-time Fantasy League Champion (Casey Feigh)! Joining them as always is true NBA insider The Gooch. They’ll give us the inside scoop on everything happening in the NBA with classic segments like The Gooch Report, Complaint Corner, and Retractions, Apologies, and Explanations. Later, Traci Reardon drops by to offer advice on hiding Easter eggs and more to her Twitter followers in her recurring segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.”

• Like 2

The Gooch's mastery of the minutiae of the game is astounding...

• Like 4

As a big NBA fan, this ep is killing me haha.

I've only just begun but this ep is obviously a total swish. *swish*

There was a good interview with Lauren about the podcast posted today. She has some fun insight to how the show is made and she ranks her top 5 favorite eps so far

I enjoyed it and thought I should share with y'all

• Like 12

"The Hamburglar of the Hardwood" is the best nickname ever.

This was delightfully silly, and I hate to nit-pick the premise too much, but did anyone else find it weird that the hosts (characters) didn't really know about basketball OR sound like NPR hosts? I guess it just wasn't what I expected when I saw the episode title, but ultimately this was probably funnier since NPR parodies have been done to death.

I feel like the hosts knew much more about the NBA than they let on, but threw to Lauren at every available opportunity just to see what she would come up with/watch her squirm. A real Mantzoukas-Daly dynamic. [swish sound effect]

• Like 6

great ep, very funny

• Like 5

First time it felt like LL was actually the guest. Not a complaint. This isn't the complaint department. I feel like Ronna of Ronna and Bev knows more about current NBA players than all involved but I like the inside scoop on how Gooch gets those scoops; it was some Metal Gear type crouching and hanging.

Haven't given this ep this usual second listen/cold case examination but the energy of Special Guest is so great for a Friday show and pretty undefined at present that I'm letting the NBA NPR crew's scholarly take on hoop sound effects carry me thru to the weekend.

• Like 2

Funny ep with really great guests/hosts ! Loved it.

As someone who doesn't know alot about the NBA before listening I found "What are they know" very informative. Thanks the Gooch and crew.

(Also, can we please have Retractions, Apologies or Explanations again in another show ?)

Sign in to follow this