🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 107.5 — Minisode 107.5

You requested and it’s happening! Next week we’re covering Con Air but this week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Lake Placid and explains why Nic Cage would make Lake Placid better. Plus, Paul tells us which past HDTGM movie he would live in if he had to choose as he answers your Qs!

Okay, I need to add a correction to the Corrections and Omissions. "Sarcy" is pronounce Sar-Key with a hard C. I should have perhaps said that in my post.

• Like 1

Never seen Con Air. I guess it was inevitable.

wow right to the fart! in first two seconds

I just re-listened to the episode and listened for the "fart" (not specifically for, mind you) and although I will say there is definitely something there, I would say it sounds more like a quack than a fart. Isn't it more likely that a super cool, bad movie loving duck just crashed the stage? Maybe this duck was trying out to be the third co-host if June couldn't return and was just trying to jump into the conversation? Maybe this is why Paul had Betty White feeding prehistoric ducks in mind for the end of the movie? I'm just saying that there are a myriad of possibilities--most of which do include ducks--and before we all take it as read that the gang is out there just farting all over the stage, maybe we should take these other options into consideration.

Also, the duck looks like this:

goZDEZPpkP9te.gif

• Like 4

Now that Con Air is being covered, Nicolas Cage makes his triumphant return to the podcast since Trespass back in 2012!

• Like 1

Never seen Con Air. I guess it was inevitable.

it is the greatest story ever told..

10puffd.jpg

and yes, just buy it on dvd if you see it in the 99Cent bin.

• Like 2

I just re-listened to the episode and listened for the "fart" (not specifically for, mind you) and although I will say there is definitely something there, I would say it sounds more like a quack than a fart. Isn't it more likely that a super cool, bad movie loving duck just crashed the stage? Maybe this duck was trying out to be the third co-host if June couldn't return and was just trying to jump into the conversation? Maybe this is why Paul had Betty White feeding prehistoric ducks in mind for the end of the movie? I'm just saying that there are a myriad of possibilities--most of which do include ducks--and before we all take it as read that the gang is out there just farting all over the stage, maybe we should take these other options into consideration.

Also, the duck looks like this:

goZDEZPpkP9te.gif

You sure he doesn't look like this:

tumblr_mo1xa0Vlbo1rsw1oio1_500.gif

• Like 5

You know those leather sits can sometimes make a fart like sound if you move around in them.

IT WAS THE LEATHER CHAIRS PEOPLE!

• Like 1

Now that Con Air is being covered, Nicolas Cage makes his triumphant return to the podcast since Trespass back in 2012!

OMG WAS IT REALLY THAT LONG AGO?!

WHAT IS TIME EVEN

tumblr_ndgyhuAZu91qzx1gjo8_250.gif

• Like 6

#Fartgate is very serious you guys, although I have to agree that it was probably an anthropomorphic duck sliding on a leather chair. It was really fun hearing Paul respond to some stupid shit I wrote, even if it means I have too much time on my hands! I will now use that time to watch Con Air and make unnecessary notes about it. And then Face/Off. And then Bad Lieutenant: PoCNO, even though it might be awhile.

One other thing: I've never disliked the live episodes, but I used to really prefer the in-studio ones. Now I think I prefer the live ones. Anyone have thoughts on this?

• Like 3

Alright, I just watched Con Air for the first time. At the 30-45 minute mark I kinda just thought it was a run-of-the-mill fairly good action movie, and wondered what the gang would have to riff on. But holy shit did things get really weird. What really makes it a HDTGM movie is that it tries to combine tons of violence, super weird joke beats, and heartwarming sincerity. How did this fucking movie get made?

Also, the crazy racism and homophobia in this movie. And, obviously, every word out of Nic Cage's mouth.

Haha - totally rad to be the winner of nothing for C&O! Loved hearing Paul say my name over and over. Glad he was as amused about that as I was. I only wish I was cool/nerdy enough to be the person actually messing with those wikipedia entries.

Con Air is a ridiculous goddamn movie of epic proportions. Looking forward to it.

• Like 2

Haha - totally rad to be the winner of nothing for C&O! Loved hearing Paul say my name over and over. Glad he was as amused about that as I was. I only wish I was cool/nerdy enough to be the person actually messing with those wikipedia entries.

The best part is that "Breece's Gleeses" is still there. Hopefully forever. You can even see it just by Googling "Brendan Gleeson".

• Like 1

So the question remains, At the end of questions and submissions who are we going to replace cage with on would nic cage make this better. I think we should go with John Claude Van dam lol. But we should start the votes now.

this is what i imagine that movie to be like. one thing for sure,

Nicholas Cage and Jean-claude could really have a hair off competition.

2zs44uf.jpg

Please note toy airplane.... hehehe

let me know if you want to see Con Air 3, I'll tell you it's amazing. :)

By the way, I'm watching this movie right now. I love it for the simple fact that I forgot who all is in it.

Little cameos of stars who at the time I don't think were really anybody.

Like Danny Trejo, M.C. Gainey aka Tom friendly from lost. I.ve found so far.

one thing i also notice in this movie is John Malkovich is such a great actor, he's always giving his best in any role that he is in. very entertaining movie.

• Like 2

The most important thing about this film is that it managed to have one of the best actors of our generation do this:

plot11.jpg

How could one not love this (terrible) film?

• Like 8

Nicholas Cage is in better movies and has delivered better performances, but if I were to die and be lucky enough to meet Cage in heaven, this is the Cage I would find there. All muscled, covered in just enough body hair to be masculine, hair flowing and majestic, and an accent so ridiculous that it makes even his comparably staid performance still over-the-top. I love it. The greatest of all possible Cages.

This is also a movie in which the CLIMAX contains a shot of a doughnut falling to the ground (dropped by a cop about to give chase), then a cut back to the action, then a cut BACK TO THE DOUGHNUT, just sitting on the ground. This is necessary!

• Like 5

some day when Nicholas Cage dies this is where he will be remembered.

2e2l8gw.jpg

in New Orleans the saint louis cemetery. same place as Voodoo Queen, Marie Laveau.

How do the people of New orleans feel about this, they hate it. LOL

and when that day comes that he should leave us. this is the song they will play

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEw5W03G20A

I wish someone could take this video and mix it in with Raiders of the lost Ark, so when they open the ark of the covenant this is what they would see inside. and then we would hear that line, it's beautiful! and then nick head would be like a ghost flying around the room.

• Like 3

It's not sarci like sarsy. It's sarci like sarky, as in short for Sarcastic. Although I firmly believe that a professional actor did indeed accidentally read stage direction.

Also, mental is used in the UK all the time. Like, something can "be mental" or you can say "that's mental." I don't know about "a mental" though.

"Con Air" might be the most fun movie they've done. I think I saw it on cable in the late '90's, but I was drunk then, so I didn't remember much. I just now watched it and really enjoyed it. My favorite line was probably "Don't. Treat. Women. Like. That." That's just good writing.

Is this the movie that made Danny Trejo think John Cusack is the scariest man in Hollywood or whatever he said?

My only real complaint is Nic Cage's hair. It wasn't OK for the time period and it's just unacceptable now.

NC's southern accent made me think that instead of "Would this be better with Nic Cage," we could ask "Would this be better with Keanu Reeves?"

ETA: as a Type 1 Diabetic, I can tell you they pretty much got everything about Baby-O's diabetes wrong. If he couldn't get his insulin for a few extra hours, his blood sugar would probably go up somewhat, and it would be a bad idea for him to eat anything. He would be irritable and tired. The whole shaking/sweating/passing out/on the verge of a coma thing? That's from low blood sugar, which is a result of too much insulin or not enough food, and the solution is to eat or drink something sugary. Now, an insulin-dependent diabetic shouldn't go whole days w/o insulin (hence the word "dependent"), but that also presumes regular meals and activity. This was not a normal day, and Baby-O didn't have them swing the plane through the McDonald's drive-through, so him not getting his shot on time would cause zero drama. However, I'm not mad at Con Air about this, because every single movie and tv show that tries to use diabetes for drama gets it completely backwards, and at least this movie had John Malkovich.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this