🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 79 — Mary Holland, Our Close Friend

You stay the fuck away from my lottery ticket.

Well now I'm really intrigued. I'll get to the bottom of this.

• Like 4

So besides the new ep how was everyone's day? Mine was good, woke up, went to work, got some dumps for lunch, came home, went on a run, then made some salmon and tatoes for dinner. Pretty boring, but pretty good.

• Like 3

So besides the new ep how was everyone's day? Mine was good, woke up, went to work, got some dumps for lunch, came home, went on a run, then made some salmon and tatoes for dinner. Pretty boring, but pretty good.

Dumps?

Why didn't anyone warn me abut the crushing disappointment from not getting your PCG question read. I woke up this morning more excited than a child on Christmas day. Now post-listen I feel like a shallow husk of a man, more empty than I've ever felt.

We'll get there someday, don't worry. We will cross that off our life goals.

In MLB news, the Kansas City Royals lead the American League Central Division with a 7-0 record, one game ahead of Detroit. They remain the only unbeaten team having completed 2 series sweeps against the Chicago White Sox and the Anaheim Angels. Coming off a 12-3 win against the Minnesota Twins during the Twins home opener, the series continues tomorrow night, 8:10 Eastern, at Target Field in Minneapolis, and another game Thursday at 12:10 PM Eastern. Friday the Royals return home to face the Oakland A's who stand at 4-4, leading the AL West Division. This will be Billy Butler's return to Kauffman Stadium, who served the Royals from 2007-2014. The Royals parted ways after Butler had a career low .271 batting average. Billy will receive his American League Championship ring before the game.

This has been an MLB update, Kansas City Royals version, provided by Introcourse, baseballing fan.

• Like 3

Billy Butler's nickname is Country Breakfast because he is a heavyset fella, and so he is one of the best Major League Baseball players of our time.

[how do you do spoilers] how about that mookie betts though! my new england peeps! great!! [/secrets]

• Like 1

Dumps?

Dumplings. Nothing better on a hungover Saturday than morning dumps.

I listen to this show with upwards of 3 juvenile cats and I found hayes weird obsession with inappropriate human cat relationships created a very awkward listening environment. Obviously Hayes has my upmost respect but I wish he would keep it PG -13 so the cats and I could have a more comfortable listening experience and not have to have " That talk " after the episode.

But wow oh wow that Mary what a stand up dame.

• Like 8

Being so misogynistic was so unlike Hayes that it leads me to question if something else is up. I mean this is Hollywood Handbook we're talking about! They have women on all the time and even once three times in a row! I'm just hoping everything is alright cause that did NOT sound like the normal Hayes to me

• Like 3

They are talking about you on Reddit again Chanson.

You found me. I figured since being nerds is indeed cool and being on reddit is for nerds, asking about Chanson on reddit would be cool

• Like 4

There's a whole special section of the internet dedicated to all things Chanson, and you should confine your discussion of him to their forums. It's called 4-chan, which is a very smart joke because it is basically a "for"um "for" talking about "Chan"son. So you should go there.

• Like 19

By the way, quick plug for our very own Greggy's podcast this week. There's a really really great guest this week who is very funny and very cool and very good.

http://podcastsarewonderful.tumblr.com/

Also, a quick plug for our very own Agata and July's podcast this week that has our very own Andy and Adam. It's very funny and very cool and very good

http://www.twb.cool/ep/0000015

• Like 17

Do you guys all have a google alert for Chanson news or something? Otherwise I don't see why you'd venture away from the safe confines of the earwolf forums into such a scary place like that Earwolf subreddit.

• Like 10

IMG_1554.jpg

awww this is my fave bromance, Sean Hayes is so hot right now.

• Like 16

AV Club comments won't work for me so I'll say this here: Justified was freaking amazing. I'll miss that show.

• Like 1

Dumplings. Nothing better on a hungover Saturday than morning dumps.

I was almost positive you were talking about dump cakes. I dump & bake every morning.

Dump-Cakes-Cover.jpg

• Like 10

I hope these guys hit that jackpot one of these days so they don't have to do this anymore

(this was one of the best episodes btw)

• Like 4

Episode 79 -

The architects of modern Hollywood let us in on the latest model of franchise development where YA novels and 40 year old popular comic book series are kaput and drawing actor's faces onto car windows is obvi the way to go.

I was drinking a cold pressed coffee and admiring how my new suit looked thrown on the floor and being worn by four or five cats as I listened to the second section of the show. Cold press coffee is not iced coffee, DIY.

Mary breaks down the the new total transparency approach to being a young actor and the echoes of her hates lies policy gets both Sean and Hayes pretty riled up. Sean do lets slip the pet name "Pizza Box".

Hayes acknowledges he known all the rules to YugiOh The Gathering but it's on that between the lines nerd loser dweebie monster truck guy.

I love it when Sean ref Philip Roth because I know what podcast chat beween old guard/young guard yuppie authors he enjoyed as much as my godma's new girlfriend did.

• Like 9

Being so misogynistic was so unlike Hayes that it leads me to question if something else is up. I mean this is Hollywood Handbook we're talking about! They have women on all the time and even once three times in a row! I'm just hoping everything is alright cause that did NOT sound like the normal Hayes to me

Don't worry sweetheart. It's all good. Don't worry your pretty little head.

I was almost positive you were talking about dump cakes. I dump & bake every morning.

Dump-Cakes-Cover.jpg

I've seen this before...probably at the grocery store checkout. Why wouldn't you just buy a pre-made cake? It seems weird to hate making cake so much that instead of buying a cake made by a pro, you'd just dump a pile of shit in a bowl and cook it.

And their has to be a better name. How about rustic cakes? Cake bowls? American dessert piles?

freedom piles

• Like 3

I'm glad everyone's been active on ChansonTalk.biz, the front page of the internet, where you go to report any Chanson Talk you've come across. Email any Chanson scoops you have to scoops@chansontalk.biz.

^ Definitely worth the $5.

• Like 13

Do you think they can get Mary back in there for more PG questions? I feel like a lot of important questions went unanswered and she does kind of owe them/us.

Also, this just came to my attention and I would love for her to speak on it: If you do a google image search on Mary Holland, a lot of pictures of an underwear lady come up and also a lot of pictures is lady gaga. Mary are you lady gaga? How do you explain this?

• Like 2

I hadn't posted yet and nobody put out a missing persons report out on me.

now i know where we stand.

Also this episode literally made me cry laughing. Mary Holland was a delight.

• Like 11