🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 108 — Con Air LIVE!

Corrections and Omissions: Cameron gets convicted because you can see after he kills the guy with a swift palm strike to the nose, the other duck dynasty brother picks up the knife. Thus, Poe was in a hand-to-hand fight and with his superior training should have known to back it off. Obviously, his testimony as well as his wife's at trial that these murdering/raping assholes having switchblades, chains, and broken bottles was not the least bit believed . I think the jury wanted revenge on Poe for his actions in the Mai Lai Massacre and our loss in 'Nam.

• Like 6

just a theory, guys... but perhaps the "cute" review was actually written by the aforementioned little girl who may or may not have existed.

#ConAirNeverHappened

• Like 5

When he goes to the cockpit to ask Cyrus what the plan is, Cage has a truly bizarre line. Cyrus is skeptical about why he wants to know and to appease him, Cage says,

"Hey! This is your barbeque and it is good."

Amazing.

• Like 1

Just because...

• Like 7

snapback.pnghypnotizingchickens, on 17 April 2015 - 09:30 AM, said:

just a theory, guys... but perhaps the "cute" review was actually written by the aforementioned little girl who may or may not have existed.

#ConAirNeverHappened

Maybe everyone on Con Air is a figment of Garland Greene's psycho mind and he has multiple personalities and the audience is watching everything from his unreliable POV like that movie Identity.

PS, please do Identity at some point.

https://twitter.com/2Fred2Furious/status/589127332444577793/photo/1

• Like 3

Side note: I saw Angela Featherstone and when I cross checked her name for the All-Star list, I noticed she was not only Chloe from Friends, but the maid from the Seinfeld where Jerry gets a maid (and starts sleeping with her). But her most important role has to be 'Girl in S Mart' from the end of Army of Darkness!

Hail to the King, baby...

• Like 1

So Cameron Poe is getting out on parole on the day of his daughter's birthday. The very day the events of the movie take place. Why is he being transported on the prison plane exactly? His wife and daughter seem to be located at or near the origin of the flight. So he's being transported to the new facility just to be released the same day, and then make a return trip to where he started?

• Like 1

I think we are all missing the point concerning Greene and the little girl. The reason he doesn't kill her is not because he's suddenly reformed but because he has met a kindred spirit. Would it really have been so surprising to learn that this little girl playing with filthy, naked dolls at the bottom of an empty pool in what looks to be an abandoned trailer park in the middle of nowhere turned out to be a serial killer herself? In fact, the first time I saw this movie, I thought he was going to be her victim.

This isn't a scene about the amelioration of a sick minded psycho killer; this is about kismet and the connection between two like-minded, sociopathic loners.

And+then+one+hour+later+in+the+film+_8d0d5c00141f2e7fe5fa3e6cc2092a0f.jpg

BONUS CORRECTION: I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the "Bob" the little girl is waving goodbye to is the doll she gave to Greene.

• Like 14

So, we all realize that Nic Cage is going right back to jail, right? Since the laws don't apply to him and he's a lethal weapon, it shouldn't matter that he was doing the right thing by killing all those convicts and saving the day. He'll probably spend the rest of his life in prison now according to the judicial system in this insane world.

• Like 6

June is back and all is right with the world.

In my mind this is what the live show looked like.

2czwroi.jpg

• Like 15

"I never get tired of these monkey fighting stakes on these Monday to Friday planes!"

• Like 1

Jason felt threatened and threw "June" down a flight of stairs.

• Like 5

Well they said June was up on the big screen. So in my mind, it was a little more like this

op23rc.jpg

• Like 10

A little off topic...

I was looking for music to add to Lando's HDTGM James Mega Mix thread (subscribe to his

page) when I stumbled upon a video by a group calling themselves The Romatic Theme Band (I assume they are supposed to be called the "Romantic" Theme Band, but this being the Internet, who has time to edit?) Anyway, they have an album called Baladas de Cine comprised entirely of covers of romantic songs from romantic movies (e.g. songs from Casablanca, Breakfast at Tiffany's, etc), and guess what other movie is represented? Con-fucking-Air!

Granted, not only is Con Air incredibly romantic, but it also showcases one of the most saccharine power ballads this side of Titanic...That's right, on their album of movie ballads, The Romantic Theme Band chose to cover..."Sweet Home Alabama!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JuLA74Nyg8

So guys and gals, next Valentine's Day, I want you all to turn the lights down low, crack open a couple of Natty Ice's, hold you hummin'bird close, put on some Con Air, and crank that Lynyrd Skynyrd!

Who says romance is dead?

• Like 1

SOMEONE WHO WAS AT THE SHOW I NEED A PICTURE OF A GIANT DISEMBODIED JUNE HEAD ON THE SCREEN THIS IS IN ALL CAPS AS IT IS VERY IMPORTANT

• Like 6

Con air

June diane rachel - 5 STAR REVIEW AMAZON.COM

I love this movie, if your looking for a airplane movie look no futher.

harrison ford is outstanding as the president.

If your like me and do love a good airplane movie then get this movie and look to the sky.

The stakes are more higher because this is no boat movie!

LOVE IT,

• Like 8

"How Do I Live" is one of only three songs to be nominated for both an Oscar and a Razzie. The other two are Tony Bennett's "Life in a Looking Glass" from the 1986 Blake Edwards film That's Life, and "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" from Armageddon. It ultimately lost the Oscar to "My Heart Will Go On" from Titanic, while the Razzie went to the entire song score from Kevin Costner's The Postman.

• Like 3

i remember this came out the year i had a summer job in a packaging company and alot of the lads who i worked with saw it before i did. they drove me mad with spoilers but what i really remember them talking about (besides how amazing monica potter looked) were the bunny scenes.

for weeks all i heard was "Make a move and the bunny gets it"

malk+bunny.gif

and as we worked in a packaging firm the most quoted line was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dDBAiq4RFE

that got old real fast ...

• Like 5

I know it's not, but the guy doing voiceover at the beginning of the film sounds like a tipsy Tom Hanks.

At the end of the movie when the pilot says the airport is too far away to land, why not just land the plane in a patch of desert instead of landing on the Vegas strip? Seems a lot more practical.

Colm Meaney's character is the absolute worst. Instead of being humbled the numberous times he was so very, very wrong (about everything, it seems), he keeps upping the ante on his belligerent wrongheadedness. I also love how Meaney does the bare minimum to mask his Irish accent. Listen to the way he says “murdrered.” It sounds like “moordored.” Also, “murdered” instead of “killed”?!? C'mon!

• Like 2

As I was listening to this episode this morning, the woman sitting next to me on the bus was so excited when I finally pulled the cord for my stop. Apparently, I appeared to be an "insane-o"??? (For the record, it was when Jason called the landing on the Strip "Las Vegas's 9/11" and then said that New York New York got the worst of it, and I both cackled aloud and slapped my thigh approvingly that she realized she had chosen the wrong seat...)

(Also, for those following along, I quit my job, and I found a new job where I hope to enjoy HDTGM whilst I enjoy my work! Hooray!)

• Like 10

As I was listening to this episode this morning, the woman sitting next to me on the bus was so excited when I finally pulled the cord for my stop. Apparently, I appeared to be an "insane-o"??? (For the record, it was when Jason called the landing on the Strip "Las Vegas's 9/11" and then said that New York New York got the worst of it, and I both cackled aloud and slapped my thigh approvingly that she realized she had chosen the wrong seat...)

(Also, for those following along, I quit my job, and I found a new job where I hope to enjoy HDTGM whilst I enjoy my work! Hooray!)

That's me every other Friday on the subway. I feel you.

• Like 3