🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 4 - Savannah, Georgia

Paul F. Tompkins invites all you wondrous humans to Spontaneanation, and this week he is joined by special guest Melanie Lynskey of HBO’s Togetherness! They chat about dropping out of college, what New Zealand looks like from space, and being humiliated in school because of the Australian song “Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport.” Paul is then joined by improvisers Sarah Burns, Marc Evan Jackson, and Janet Varney, to improvise a story set in Savannah, Georgia. As always, the terrific Eban Schletter scores it all on piano. Celebrate 4/20 by traveling to beautiful Savannah, Georgia and beyond with us!

REMINDER IN ALL CAPS: SATURDAY, JUNE 6TH, Paul will record a new standup special at the historic Palace Theatre in Downtown L.A. Ticket info soon!

The first LIVE Spontaneanation with Paul F. Tompkins with special guests is on May 2nd at Largo at the Coronet! Get tickets at www.largo-la.com!

Funniest podcast in the entire Pea Nutbutter dimension.

• Like 5

I'm not sure if this has been pointed out yet but I'm loving The Todd Glass Show-esque/inspired lighting for these podcast recordings.

• Like 2

Are the inhabitants of the topsy turvy dimension clowns?

• Like 2

OK, who's making the video for the chess song? I can totally picture little animated chess pieces dancing around.

SO MANY PODCASTS TODAY... I don't know which way to toin.

Clearly a conspiracy by Big Scrunchie to distract us from the exorbitant rise in Scrunchie prices

• Like 10

Sarah Burns' choice to make the contraption sentient was a huge game-changer, and I loved how she took charge. This might be my favorite episode, although it's really hard to say. I wondered why we're the peanut butter dimension, but then I stumbled on something very mysterious...

ShoOhBG.jpg

• Like 8

Wait, I thought the kangaroo was Tymie Downsport...

• Like 4

Janet Varney has the best laugh ever

Marc Evan Jackson's is amazing, too. I loved hearing them in the background at the beginning.

• Like 2

OK, who's making the video for the chess song?

I guess

!
  • Like 9

Funniest podcast in the entire Peanut Butter dimension.

PEANUTBUTTER IS ONE WORD.

I don't know what the fuck that "two" was in the launch countdown, but otherwise, this was amazing.

*Flashback sound*

"Oops...I'm gonna scam that school."

*Flash forward sound*

• Like 8

I legit cried during Melanie Lynskey's monologue when she said she had her first friend at 7, but that the friend wouldn't acknowledge her at school. I am constantly embarrassing myself listening to Earwolf podcasts in public. (I did laugh out loud when she explained her misunderstanding of "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport"! Which only made my crying outburst worse!)

• Like 4

PEANUTBUTTER IS ONE WORD.

Sorry! I'll go back and fix it.

• Like 2

I think that Mitch and Dolores are worthy of their own podcast.

• Like 4

Interesting that Paul is building a little "stock company" of players, with so many repeat guests over only 4 episodes. Marc Evan Jackson is like the Joseph Cotten to PFT's Orson Welles, or something.

• Like 3

Man, "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport". When I was in primary school we had go to various shopping centers and sing for all the shoppers as a choir, that fuckin song was always the last one.

Interesting that Paul is building a little "stock company" of players, with so many repeat guests over only 4 episodes. Marc Evan Jackson is like the Joseph Cotten to PFT's Orson Welles, or something.

I would've said Hector Elizondo to his Garry Marshall.

• Like 8

I would've said Hector Elizondo to his Garry Marshall.

Or the Klaus Kinski to his Werner Herzog.

• Like 6