🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 346 — That Is Wild

mary holland was channeling a bit of susan windchime -- wonderful.

tom green was very... tom green-ish. he is like some sort of canadian shocking disc jockey.

Nice catch. I kept thinking to myself where this Mary Holland character sounded so familiar from... that was indeed it.

re: Tom Green - Like some have said, Tom's gonna Tom... the dead dog bit actually did fit into the therapy, even if it was a bit forced in there. It wasn't the complete non sequitur some want to make it out to be. Not to mention Tom even mentioned he shouldn't be talking about it, but Scott pushed him forward.

Oh, and all seemed to be laughing and enjoying themselves many times throughout, so fucking deal.

• Like 3

Also, the complaints in this thread seem to hover around the argument that Tom didn't respect the form. But as a first-timer who isn't an improv guy and isn't familiar with the format, what would you expect? He's not coming on CBB to make a show for you. Plus, Scott seemed to be having a lot of fun.

I really don't think Tom was the problem. My biggest complaint with him was that he was basically yelling at some points of the episode. I just don't think it was a great episode overall. Trabitha isn't a great character, but she was much better in her last appearance (although Lauren Lapkus is most of what made that episode wonderful). And none of the stuff with the therapist really landed for me. The inner child "suck on a titty" bit just made me cringe.

I think the whole episode was just a bit off, but I don't think you can put that on Tom Green. The good news is this is a two-episode week, so I can listen to today's and forget about Monday's

• Like 1

It seems like the female guests love to "compete" with the boys by pushing things to a blue area, & I love that. Some of the best CBB moments ever have come as a result of girls playing characters with dicks & makin tasteless sex jokes. Good stuff.

Man, I used to laugh myself into serious pain during the Tom Green Show era. Sucks about his dogs.

• Like 2

Maybe not a grepisode, but certainly a goopisode.

Yeesh. Get a load of Hanoi Gwen over here.

There's clearly more than enough offputting content to go around on this episode and that's what's really important. Content. Artists making minutes and minutes of content.

Besides, if anyone 'ruined' the episode it was engineer-cody Cody. That guy's a menace.

• Like 3

I wouldn't describe this as a revelatory experience, and perhaps it had a few rough patches, but I had fun with this episode. I really enjoyed Tom Green's interview segment. The three guests didn't seem to get as perfectly in sync as some CBB classics, but not every episode can be transcendentally perfect. It might be exhausting if it was. I still laughed out loud a few times.

• Like 2

It all comes down to chemistry (Walter White). These 3 guests just didn't mesh quite as well as anyone had hoped.

Yeah I think you're absolutely right. It wasn't Green, necessarily. Nobody quite meshed in this episode. And it still had some great laughs. Even when CBB is "off" it's, well, "on."

• Like 3

Yeesh. Get a load of Hanoi Gwen over here.

What's that supposed to mean?

Seriously, I don't know what that means.

Hanoi Gwen is what they called Gwen Stefani when she went to Vietnam in the 70s and everyone called her a traitor. Remember that?

• Like 2

Hanoi Gwen is what they called Gwen Stefani

Oh, that's right. For some reason I misremembered it as being about Paltrow.

I was reluctant to listen to this episode because in his heyday, I never really cared for Tom Green, and after reading the comments on the forum (sometimes I should know better) I was thinking that I should skip this one.

I thought better of it and listened to it, and I laughed SO hard at this episode! I thought Tom was great and really fit in, Mary and Erin were hilarious, and Scott really kept things chugging ahead. I don't know if any of you have ever lost a long time pet, but sometimes those wounds are fresh and it gets brought up when you don't really expect it to. I felt for Tom a lot, and after a couple minutes, the whole crew, including Tom, really brought the humor into it. I thought it was brilliant. I understand not every episode is for everyone, so I don't want to shit on anyone's opinions, but I think I'll go back to paying more attention to the comments that find the positive.

• Like 5

I was pretty torn on this episode; Tabatha was def. one-dimensional (this time) and Tom was not really interacting but it was still fun to listen to.

The "This is wild stuff" was so strained, it just lumbered along, but towards the end when things were getting bizarre it had a place and was funny.

My highlights were the different sides of Burbank and the therapy session had some great moments, but Scott really saved this one! He just kept on moving forward and cracking jokes against all odds!