🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 204 — Nannying

Kyle, Tig, and David start off with an update on Kyle's musical. Then, they are joined by Austin comic Ryan Cownie to talk about his past as a male nanny, his LA future, Tig's plans for motherhood, and more!

• Like 1

I wonder if maybe this is just my phone, but was there a possible mix-up with the posting this week? My phone is replaying the Whitney Cummings episode...

Love PB!

• Like 3

Weird, I'm getting next week's episode, "Latin Verb Conjugation with Eddie Izzard"!

• Like 7

Weird, I'm getting next week's episode, "Latin Verb Conjugation with Eddie Izzard"!

can this be a real thing please

Please fix it. Can't not have new Professor Blastoff on what I always refer to as "Professor Blastoff Day" (Tuesday).

sorry about the mix up, guys! the file has been fixed. it might take a few minutes to be fully updated everywhere.

• Like 4

Can we get a picture of that 41th birthday card?! A very Happy Belated Birthday Dan, Tig

• Like 1

Nannies do have a huge impact on children, especially if their parents are always working or traveling, or just are not involved with the kids. My mother was a nanny of two children, whose parents are rich and did not have any clue on how to raise kids. She started when she was 18 years old taking care of a 2 year old and a 5 year old. She was a part of their family, I grew up with them. Their mother passed away when they were young so my mom was like a second mom to them. I saw them as my older siblings. Since their father wasn't really involved in their lives and was always working they always thought of my mom as their parent. Till this day we are very close with them going to graduations, celebrating birthdays, spending the holidays with them or hanging out with them.

• Like 5

This is the third PB I've ever heard, and I really think this is the podcast for me!

I used to be a male nanny.

I am currently in EMDR therapy.

I am a middle-aged douche who doesn't understand comedy and has a pretty out-of-touch way of interacting with women.

(two truths and a lie)

• Like 3

What a racket nannying is!

I'm not saying there aren't good ones and great ones who make it their life and obviously impact the lives of the children they help raise, but the bottom line is if their childhood was well adjusted and their dealing with family arguments, manners, relationships lines up with your family - winner!

It's not cut and dry and not "a click away" as companies would have you believe.

I feel like David has been operating at a different level these past few months. He's been pretty on it so far this year, and as a staunch defender of David, I'm happy to hear that.

And Kyle's "butt stuff" joke... Jesus... slayed me.

What was up with all the microphone rumble, this episode?

There was another recent episode (like a couple of weeks ago) that also had a lot of rumblings, can't remember which one it was..

What was up with all the microphone rumble, this episode?

There was another recent episode (like a couple of weeks ago) that also had a lot of rumblings, can't remember which one it was..

Yeah, it was out of control. Also the massive variance in voice volume got pretty annoying. I noticed the same sub par sound with the Pickup Artist episode, but that one had so many other glaring issues that the sound problems took a back seat. Interestingly, both this episode and the Pickup Artist don't have any photos from the recording session, so I'm wondering if they weren't recorded at Earwolf Studios.

I'm wondering if they weren't recorded at Earwolf Studios.

You might be onto something. This week's description starts with this, which I suppose may or may not mean anything - "We are back in the comfort of the hatch yet again on this week’s Professor Blastoff!"

You might be onto something. This week's description starts with this, which I suppose may or may not mean anything - "We are back in the comfort of the hatch yet again on this week’s Professor Blastoff!"

Funnily enough, 'this week's description' is from two years ago - it's the intro text from 2013 episode nr. 113, which is also about transgender issues.

Ha ha, I was wondering why the guests on the main page and episode page were different, and I thought the guy on the episode page seemed familiar.

OMG, Kyle's Christian musical had me in hysterics. I've listened to that segment maybe five times now, and I will definitely listen to it again. I think it's his voice. "My best friend's Christ." I love that Kyle is so committed and enthusiastic about his comedy bits.