🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 80 — Jon Gabrus Again, Our Close Friend

I think I should have been in the jail because of my imperceptibly off-axis avatar, and also because of my low self esteem disease that wants to be in jail

• Like 5

Dixon's right, ADC. You forgot to put me on there.

You should honor his wishes and photoshop me into jail because I feel like I'm in a fucking prison with all of this disrespect.

BTW cool ep I liked it.

edit: wtf mwn, don't steal my shit before i think of it

• Like 3

Dixon's right, ADC. You forgot to put me on there.

You should honor his wishes and photoshop me into jail because I feel like I'm in a fucking prison with all of this disrespect.

BTW cool ep I liked it.

edit: wtf mwn, don't steal my shit before i think of it

nevermind I have decided to be extremely magnanimous and chill about not being on the board. Ah it's fine. Ahhh I guess I look really, really great now, and a good giving person. Not that I'm really working to cultivate this image or anything. Ahhhhhhh.

edit: full disclosure, I originally said "gregarious" when I meant "magnanimous." probably I was thinking about greggy?

Edited by mwn
  • Like 5

Steve, you're in the popcorn bag drawing!

edit- You also did a Hayes birthday video! Oh and that time you bought that url!

So many memories! Thanks Monsterface I don't need to be on an awesome board game board when i have all these beautiful memories to think of any time I want

• Like 3

I guess I'll just have to generate some more original content to get my name out there

Here's Sophie liking some posts BTW, she's very generous.

vBTF6sk.jpg

• Like 18

3ZzVmHs.jpg Steve I made you this cause I can see you're upset. I know it's not as good but I hope it helps
  • Like 19

Harassing service people is not cool! It doesn't matter that she rolls with it and seems unfazed, this is still in principle a shitty thing to do. Sorry, y'all know I love Hayes and Sean to the max, but no more of this please.

• Like 3

There are just so many forumers now that no-one could be expected to fit them all into one picture or board game. It's just not possible. Don't be bummed out though. Hey, I didn't get on the call-in episode (fucking' bullshit) and yes, I was pretty pissed (upset and/or drunk) for awhile, but now look. I'm on a Sillylillyquee drawing and a board game. Pretty awesome for me right ?

• Like 18

Harassing service people is not cool! It doesn't matter that she rolls with it and seems unfazed, this is still in principle a shitty thing to do. Sorry, y'all know I love Hayes and Sean to the max, but no more of this please.

I'm not sure how you can consider that harassment...they were perfectly polite to her.

• Like 5

can we get Lebron as a guest next week? i have some choice fuckin popcorn questions for dat bich

• Like 14

I'm not sure how you can consider that harassment...they were perfectly polite to her.

A polite prank call is still a prank call. She's at work, she's trying to get through her shift, and all of a sudden she's the butt of a comedy bit. They did this in the Shelby Fero episode too. If you've ever had to answer phones at a job you would get it. But even if you haven't, a little empathy should get you there. Also I don't see how this kind of comedy is funny. Why make innocent nobodies the butt of the joke?

• Like 1

To put it another way, Hayes and Sean are being the Jerky Boys in this bit. Comedy is about surprises, and Jerky Boys isn't surprises

• Like 1

A polite prank call is still a prank call. She's at work, she's trying to get through her shift, and all of a sudden she's the butt of a comedy bit. They did this in the Shelby Fero episode too. If you've ever had to answer phones at a job you would get it. But even if you haven't, a little empathy should get you there. Also I don't see how this kind of comedy is funny. Why make innocent nobodies the butt of the joke?

The "butt" of the joke is that two dumb guys called Itunes to try and get a bad review removed. Further, they threw Stard under the bus just for loffs. The lady was not a target in that bit. I can understand being sensitive if you had a shitty job, but Sean and Hayes were not rude or mean and the lady on the phone sounded like she enjoyed the conversation.

• Like 15

The "butt" of the joke is that two dumb guys called Itunes to try and get a bad review removed. Further, they threw Stard under the bus just for loffs. The lady was not a target in that bit. I can understand being sensitive if you had a shitty job, but Sean and Hayes were not rude or mean and the lady on the phone sounded like she enjoyed the conversation.

Then why not get a comedian/improviser to play the part of the tech support person? Why involve an actual person who doesn't know she's in a comedy bit?

I never said it wasn't a prank, I said it wasn't harassment. Are all pranks harassment? From her point of view, it's two weird guys calling about something inconsequential. There isn't some underlying disrespect in this prank, it's just some innocent fun.

• Like 5

Yes this poor woman. should we start a kickstarter and pay for the rest of her life so she never has to answer a phone again?

• Like 13

Are all pranks harassment?

From strangers? Yes, absolutely, I don't see how that's even a question.

• Like 2

In other news guys, for the past 3 weeks I've been struggling to break 8 minute pace for my tri-weekly 3 mile run. Absoulely crushed that milestone today thanks to the beautiful weather and not being hungover (only an issue on weekend runs). Pretty pumped right now.

Mile 1 - 7:10 / Mile 2 - 7:32 / Mile 3 - 7:42

• Like 9

Then why not get a comedian/improviser to play the part of the tech support person? Why involve an actual person who doesn't know she's in a comedy bit?

I think they wouldn't mind if it really did get removed. But to do that you do actually have to call tech support. So record it and be silly and if everything goes well put it in the show. I think that if it had gone poorly they would have cut it out. The lady sounds like she wants to talk to them.

• Like 5

hi mr sean and hayes, i know it is too hard to get valerie bryant's man on the show, so i was thinking maybe you could get a different person on...like maybe president obama? its almost election time again and he cant run so he isnt really doing anything

• Like 18

i think he would really "get" the show and be funny

• Like 13

I too find the concept of prank calls mostly unbearable. I didn't think the line was crossed in this case, but I was definitely clinched when the phone was answered, and through the beginning of it.

Obviously, the hosts of this show are too nice and smart to actually fuck with people. I understand MusicalGuests opininon 100% even though I'm not exactly there with her(him).

• Like 10

I also couldn't watch "Nathan For You," for similar reasons. I just don't get why it's okay to involve unsuspecting strangers in comedy bits. Whatever.