🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 1611 - Jason Nash

Raving against the machine with Jason Nash.

Hearing Jason Nash try to convince Jimmy Pardo to go to Coachella is like hearing people trying to convince Howard Kremer to watch Game of Thrones. You know he's not going to like it, and you should stop trying to make them miserable by forcing them to go through the experience.

• Like 1

Anyone else about die when Matt said "Garon, call the police" so casually? Just me? Ok

• Like 2

Jason deserves props for drawing a line in the sand and refusing to do Bruce Jenner on Sklarbro Country any longer.

• Like 5

Jason deserves props for drawing a line in the sand and refusing to do Bruce Jenner on Sklarbro Country any longer.

Agreed, but will there come a time when Bruce's new persona can be used in comedy? Or is it just a matter of what the joke is about?

Agreed, but will there come a time when Bruce's new persona can be used in comedy? Or is it just a matter of what the joke is about?

I am by no means an expert on LGBT issues, but if Bruce is transgender (which remains unconfirmed, at least until tomorrow's Diane Sawyer interview) then she's been suffering for 65 years. I fall firmly on the side of "Comedians can write jokes about whatever they want, but don't feign innocence when jokes that prey on people's suffering are received poorly."

Jimmy's 9/11 jokes, for example, don't ridicule victims of terrorism, but the cult of jingoism and grief one-upmanship that sprung up after the fact.

• Like 3

It's already kinda weird that Jenner's being brought up by comedians at all. It's 2015! I guess they (I feel weird about using any pronoun here, don't want to misgender) were on that Kardashian reality show. But regardless, I think the comedy community can do better than continually ribbing someone who has very likely had a really hard life.

Of course, you can expect Jenner to be a punchline in certain circles *cough cough* Carolla.

Aaaaaanyway, I ordered a Casper mattress this week and used the NNF code! Looking forward to it showing up next week.

Jimmy's 9/11 jokes, for example, don't ridicule victims of terrorism, but the cult of jingoism and grief one-upmanship that sprung up after the fact.

This is why it always drives me mad when Jimmy says nobody complains about them joking about 9/11.. because you're not joking about 9/11!

Always surprises me that a professional comedian doesn't seem to recognise that nuance.

It's already kinda weird that Jenner's being brought up by comedians at all. It's 2015! I guess they (I feel weird about using any pronoun here, don't want to misgender) were on that Kardashian reality show. But regardless, I think the comedy community can do better than continually ribbing someone who has very likely had a really hard life.

Of course, you can expect Jenner to be a punchline in certain circles *cough cough* Carolla.

Aaaaaanyway, I ordered a Casper mattress this week and used the NNF code! Looking forward to it showing up next week.

I'm old, and I can remember Jenner being a decathlon athlete, Olympic gold, apple pie, swathed in the flag, Wheaties, all that. For years after he would show up doing show-biz related battle of the stars. He's an American symbol of the 70's. His old persona is one that is engraved on the psyche of those old enough to remember those days, so I can see why his/her transition is comedy material, it's the big contrast. Well that, and everybody saw the changes going on, but he delayed mentioning it. Not that it's anybody's business.

Seeing that Jenner has deflated the ball, I don't think he'll continue to be the fodder that he has been.

I was very heartened by the support that the guys gave to Bruce Jenner. It would've been really easy to make fun of him, but that's not what happened. I find that even the gay community isn't always understanding of or supportive of transgender issues, so their understanding was nice to hear.

I don't think Bruce Jenner would have come up as a punchline as often if he hadn't been tied into that family of fame-whores. And Bruce Jenner deserves more respect than any of them. He(she's)'s an Olympic gold medalist. He came out of nowhere and kicked ass. Those girls just wear expensive clothes and have their pictures taken, And they cash checks... for what? I'm not sure.

• Like 1

Kojak would be too obvious, so I'm going with an old baseball reference, 17 Kuff.

edit:

oops, should be 16 Kuff. I'm out of sorts this past week.

• Like 3

17 is a ballsy prediction, we'll have to check back in 6 months from now

I'm gunning for 16 Knopfler because I hate being right

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this