🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Lando

Kiss of Death (1995)

So I will fully admit that I have not seen this movie, it could be fairly boring I don't know (I vaguely remember seeing the commercials with Cage bench pressing a woman). However Nic Cage, David Caruso and Sam L. Jackson is a powerful combination (Plus the Tucc) and it's about when all three were peaking. I put this up here because I saw that combo of names and that it is coming to Netflix on May 1st, so at minimum I will be watching this movie. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

• Like 1

You sold me on this right when Nic cage was bench pressing a woman. and nobody does it better. maybe Jean-Claude Van Damme. but cage is a second best. OK maybe arnold, he's the grandmaster of bench pressing woman, second Jean, and third best is Cage, at one time.

Ohh on the trailer, listen to the music, its got the full k-tel music 60's collection. None of the songs in the trailer are expensive to get the rights too.

This movie surprisingly got decent reviews (68% on Rotten Tomatoes), but is perhaps best known for being one of two films that David Caruso tried to become a movie star after his sudden departure from NYPD Blue (the other movie being Jade). But they immediately flopped, and Caruso would eventually get back in the public's good graces with CSI: Miami in 2002.

My inner 15 year old boy is pretty excited about watching this.

• Like 1

Its a fun movie, Cage clearly had a good time with the role. I always used to mix up this with One Good Cop with Michael Keaton.

I watched this today and TBH aside from a couple of scenes and a bit of a hurried ending, this movie isn't all that crazy. It is watchable though.

Watching this now and hoooooly shit this is a HDTGM movie. A vintage Cage lunatic performance, future movie stars all over the place in supporting roles. And David Caruso at the center of it all. The world just wasn't ready for a male movie star looking that ginger.

All I remember from this movie was Nic Cages Character only ate food with plastic knifes and folks. The sound metal makes scraping together drove him nuts.

They have to do a David Caruso movie at some point, if not this than Jade would also be alot of fun. I've recently rewatched most of CSI Miami and it cannot be stated more emphatically how much of a fucking terrible actor he is. 

Sign in to follow this