🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 348 — Is Y'all My Daddy?

I don't think Cameron is gay, but Cameron Esposito the CBB character is a somewhat offensive lesbian caricature.

So glad you came, lord-high-arbiter-of-how-people-are-allowed-to-present-their-identity. Fun how a gay man who is flamboyant in public gets praised for living their truth, but a lesbian who is at all "butch" is a "caricature." Go crawl back under your bridge.

• Like 5

Any ep where Scott mutters "Oh My God" off-mic is a keeper.

• Like 5

Fun how a gay man who is flamboyant in public gets praised for living their truth

Ummmm...since when?

• Like 3

So glad you came, lord-high-arbiter-of-how-people-are-allowed-to-present-their-identity. Fun how a gay man who is flamboyant in public gets praised for living their truth, but a lesbian who is at all "butch" is a "caricature." Go crawl back under your bridge.

Cameron is presenting a caricature of lesbianism when she comes on CBB. She says things like "A woman would never hurt another woman" as an exaggeration of lesbian ideals. She doesn't actually believe this but exaggerates for comedy. Crazy!

So now I will go "crawl back under my bridge" and you can get back on your high horse and ride away.

• Like 2

I could listen to Matt Gourley guess someone's name or list characteristics of bees all day. every line was a slam dunk this ep

• Like 10

Cameron is presenting a caricature of lesbianism when she comes on CBB. She says things like "A woman would never hurt another woman" as an exaggeration of lesbian ideals. She doesn't actually believe this but exaggerates for comedy. Crazy!

So now I will go "crawl back under my bridge" and you can get back on your high horse and ride away.

Esposito's presentation on CBB is basically the same as her public persona in general, or at least no more an elevated version of the same than any other comedian coming on Comedy Bang Bang, none of whom receive this kind of scrutiny or accusation of "laying it on thick," let alone comments implicitly accusing them of making up their sexual orientation as a bit.

• Like 2

wow only the third post and you bust out a "high-horse". bold.

I didn't expect so much hate for Caramel? I find her pretty hilarious even if she does bring her personal take on things.

Was there as much hate for the Shed Busting episode with Todd Glass?

• Like 5

I didn't expect so much hate for Caramel?

Oh, sweet, naive Chris T...

ANYWAY, super fun episode, loved the addition of Gourley to the Stillwaterverse.

• Like 7

I didn't expect so much hate for Caramel? I find her pretty hilarious even if she does bring her personal take on things.

I

Esposito's presentation on CBB is basically the same as her public persona in general, or at least no more an elevated version of the same than any other comedian coming on Comedy Bang Bang, none of whom receive this kind of scrutiny or accusation of "laying it on thick," let alone comments implicitly accusing them of making up their sexual orientation as a bit.

First, I will just say I think Caramel was really funny. I should have just said I was just kidding in the first place. I don't actually think she is making up some persona and I thought my original comment was silly enough to not be taken seriously.

• Like 4

I

First, I will just say I think Caramel was really funny. I should have just said I was just kidding in the first place. I don't actually think she is making up some persona and I thought my original comment was silly enough to not be taken seriously.

it's playtime here folks. let us not quarrel.

• Like 2

I loved the I Was There Too reference from Gourley! As well as Stillwater's rejoinder that "We have nothing to gain by losing our heads" sounded "dumb". (And if you haven't yet listened to IWTT on Wolfpop, do it! So good!)

• Like 5

A person? having personal takes?! *clutches pearls*

• Like 2

Esposito is probably in the top 10 of guests that, as a first timer, totally got how to interact with a CBB character. Not only that, but she helped guide the creation of an extended mythos for a really shallow random character. How she gets hated on is beyond me.

• Like 9

but a lesbian who is at all "butch" is a "caricature."

lol I hope you're trolling.

This is a butch presenting lesbian:

f0WA9vD.jpg

This is a conventionally cute slightly alt or scene lady:

cRhIjnI.jpg

Esposito is probably in the top 10 of guests that, as a first timer, totally got how to interact with a CBB character. Not only that, but she helped guide the creation of an extended mythos for a really shallow random character. How she gets hated on is beyond me.

It's super weird. People seem to come out of the woodwork to complain when she's on. It's strange to see a guest who commits 100% to the character bits get complaints because she mentions she's a lesbian sometime.

• Like 10

lol I hope you're trolling.

This is a butch presenting lesbian:

f0WA9vD.jpg

This is a conventionally cute slightly alt or scene lady:

cRhIjnI.jpg

I think the larger point is the compulsive need to label everything and put it in a box is a bit grotesque. More importantly it's not what satire is about.

• Like 2

Ponderous meh'pisode :mellow:

Pft save some laughter for the audience, there's a drought whenever you're on.

I think you're on your own there. I love every episode with PFT. And this was no exception.

• Like 10

Great ep! One of my most favorite sounds in the world is Matt Gourley trying to stop his own laughter god damn it makes me laugh ten times harder especially in the Don Dimello ep of the Andy Daly podcast

• Like 4

Ponderous meh'pisode :mellow:

Pft save some laughter for the audience, there's a drought whenever you're on.

4th post and you're shitting on PFT?

A fierce new judge arrives in the Earwolf forums.

• Like 6

it's playtime here folks. let us not quarrel.

WE GAIN NOTHING BY LOSING OUR HEADS!

• Like 11

Guest Sanjay Yngwie Gupta Malmsteen

I think you're on your own there. I love every episode with PFT. And this was no exception.

4th post and you're shitting on PFT?

A fierce new judge arrives in the Earwolf forums.

Indeed, could be construed as trollish & obnoxious, and it's clearly the minority opinion, I'm aware.

Limited forum posts, but listening for years...

I just have major Pft fatigue (which sounds clinical btw, maybe I should get that checked out) and don't get as much of a kick out of the reoccurring 'saga'/fanboy elements of the podcast as most seem to.

Anyway, I'll keep it positive going forward...

Paul's Danny Glover & John C Reilly segments from a while ago are delightful :)

• Like 3

This was a lot of fun. The Stillwater-Esposito story feels awesome and fresh. Everything clicked for me on this one.

Everyone coming together to come up with things that bees do was so beautiful.

Gourley is fast becoming one of my favorite people.

• Like 5