🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 348 — Is Y'all My Daddy?

Indeed, could be construed as trollish & obnoxious, and it's clearly the minority opinion, I'm aware.

Limited forum posts, but listening for years...

I just have major Pft fatigue (which sounds clinical btw, maybe I should get that checked out) and don't get as much of a kick out of the reoccurring 'saga'/fanboy elements of the podcast as most seem to.

Anyway, I'll keep it positive going forward...

Paul's Danny Glover & John C Reilly segments from a while ago are delightful :)

Thanks for the explanation, I wasn't intending to come at you or anything. It seemed to be a bit on the harsh side, but eh, comedy is subjective. I find Paul's off-mic laughter to be endearing but I can see it grating on some I suppose.

I'm underexposed to Ms Esposito, and this was a good showing, thanks CBB.

• Like 2

Esposito is probably in the top 10 of guests that, as a first timer, totally got how to interact with a CBB character. Not only that, but she helped guide the creation of an extended mythos for a really shallow random character. How she gets hated on is beyond me.

it happens on every thing where a women explicitly aims for comedy. it's a real bummer.

• Like 1

Esposito is probably in the top 10 of guests that, as a first timer, totally got how to interact with a CBB character. Not only that, but she helped guide the creation of an extended mythos for a really shallow random character. How she gets hated on is beyond me.

Top 10 of guests, seriously? She is always 'pleasant' on the show to me but I wouldn't say that I put her comedy chops on par with a top 10 at CBB, that is a very talented top 10 to crack. I guess her style is just a little different than what I like to hear on CBB the most.

• Like 1

It's super weird. People seem to come out of the woodwork to complain when she's on. It's strange to see a guest who commits 100% to the character bits get complaints because she mentions she's a lesbian sometime.

I disagree, how many people complained here? I saw people joking about her being an over the top lesbian character and that opening up a big fight where no one understood that the person who "started" it was joking...

• Like 2

You put Matt Gourley in a room with Paul F. Tompkins and you're gonna get magic. Press record and two hours later you'll have an instant classic.

Between The Exorcism of Cake Boss and this ep - some of the greatest content to ever been released.

AND I LOVE CONTENT!

• Like 6

Top 10 of guests, seriously? She is always 'pleasant' on the show to me but I wouldn't say that I put her comedy chops on par with a top 10 at CBB, that is a very talented top 10 to crack. I guess her style is just a little different than what I like to hear on CBB the most.

I think they were saying the top 10 of 1st time guests that really nail the format and how to interact with CBB characters. Some people just don't do well with that (see the Tom Green ep from last week). I don't think they were saying the top 10 overall guests.

• Like 1

First off, [obligatory antagonistic controversial statement].

Secondly I cannot get enough Superego in my Earwolf. I'm a woman!

• Like 8

I think they were saying the top 10 of 1st time guests that really nail the format and how to interact with CBB characters. Some people just don't do well with that (see the Tom Green ep from last week). I don't think they were saying the top 10 overall guests.

Oh okay okay, much more reasonable claim to make then. That is a much tougher list to come up with, because I would say the misses are more memorable than the first timers who are just good enough to keep an episode from being ruined, and also Cameron has been on a few times so I really don't remember the first time.

I do remember Jim Rash being an amazing first timer

• Like 1

Days

what kind of love goes on for days?

the passion I feel for my lady, her name is Daise (sp.?)

I got a lot of love for Daise

• Like 3

I didn't expect so much hate for Caramel?

Is it just me, or do people not understand what the definition of 'hate' is anymore?

• Like 2

Ponderous meh'pisode :mellow:

Pft save some laughter for the audience, there's a drought whenever you're on.

Really feel this but just don't bother talking about it much on the forum. I get that everyone loves PFT but I'm exhausted by him feeding of the fanboy-dom at this point. Every appearance runs together, him laughing on the pod seems kinda like an easy laugh like breaking on SNL or something, the characters don't have that much to them (a southern swamp weirdo just seems cheap and not much more than an accent), and it seems like he kisses CBBs ass at this point to get more appearances.

I get an amateur's notes on a forum are pointless but I just wanted to be clear I'm not hating just to hate - I do have thoughts behind it and kinda sigh to myself at this point when I see he's on ANOTHER podcast this year. I've laughed plenty at PFT and I'm not saying he's not funny and never was. The Richard Harrow character made me lose my mind. I've watched that VPN video many times. I might just need a break and am fine with skipping these episodes.

I'm honestly just trying to open up a discussion and let Sanjay know he's not alone. If I get crucified for this, well, what did I really expect?

• Like 1

Really feel this but just don't bother talking about it much on the forum. I get that everyone loves PFT but I'm exhausted by him feeding of the fanboy-dom at this point. Every appearance runs together, him laughing on the pod seems kinda like an easy laugh like breaking on SNL or something, the characters don't have that much to them (a southern swamp weirdo just seems cheap and not much more than an accent), and it seems like he kisses CBBs ass at this point to get more appearances.

I get an amateur's notes on a forum are pointless but I just wanted to be clear I'm not hating just to hate - I do have thoughts behind it and kinda sigh to myself at this point when I see he's on ANOTHER podcast this year. I've laughed plenty at PFT and I'm not saying he's not funny and never was. The Richard Harrow character made me lose my mind. I've watched that VPN video many times. I might just need a break and am fine with skipping these episodes.

I'm honestly just trying to open up a discussion and let Sanjay know he's not alone. If I get crucified for this, well, what did I really expect?

I think he laughs cause he finds those things genuinely funny not cause its an easy laugh.. I find it more impressive that he does just come to things sometimes with an accent I feel its way more difficult to come up with great stuff on the spot like that.. it usually ends up being really hysterical.. And maybe i'm just not thinking right now but does he even do that frequently? And i'm honestly asking cause I cant think of anything currently..I don't think i'm a fanboy or something like that I actually despise that word haha I just really enjoy PFT everyone is definitely allowed their opinion so im glad you spoke up about how you feel.

This is a perfectly reasonable criticism. I had PFT fatigue and mentioned it on the board about two years ago. I was honestly tired of hearing Cake Boss, Ice-T or Andrew Lloyd Webber so often on CBB.

That said, I think since 2014, he has really gone the extra mile to create new CBB characters and cycles them pretty well so it always feels fresh when they reappear. I'm speaking of Richard Harrow, The Pie Minister, Alan Thicke, JW Stillwater, Len Wiseman and Mike the Janitor.

Look, PFT is basically Scott's podcast sidekick. He's on at least once a month and really is as much a part of the show as Scott at this point. These days, I really love Paul's appearances here on CBB, but I understand why others wouldn't.

• Like 7

Why do people treat the forum like their fucking diary?; "Today I decided not to dip my french fries in ketchup. I'm not saying I hate ketchup, I just think me and ketchup need a break."

Too much of a good thing? It's still a good thing people.

• Like 7

No one seemed to notice Gourley's Jinx joke in the background, I thought it was pretty good. ...did it all of course

• Like 1

Why do people treat the forum like their fucking diary?; "Today I decided not to dip my french fries in ketchup. I'm not saying I hate ketchup, I just think me and ketchup need a break."

Too much of a good thing? It's still a good thing people.

How dare people use a public forum to give a detailed but respectful dissenting opinion, right? It's not like that's what forums are for.

• Like 5

How dare people use a public forum to give a detailed but respectful dissenting opinion, right? It's not like that's what forums are for.

The problem isn't having an opinion. It's not about expressing an opinion. It's about thinking that your random whimsy constitutes an opinion. The supposed opinions being expressed are akin to; "I ate too much food, now my tummy hurts, I don't like food anymore." Save it for Twitter already.

• Like 3

I wont even get into how cynical one has to be to qualify someones clearly authentic laughter as pandering.

• Like 5

The problem isn't having an opinion. It's not about expressing an opinion. It's about thinking that your random whimsy constitutes an opinion. The supposed opinions being expressed are akin to; "I ate too much food, now my tummy hurts, I don't like food anymore." Save it for Twitter already.

And why is their insight any less valuable than yours? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it might not be valid. Again, on a PUBLIC FORUM.

• Like 1

And why is their insight any less valuable than yours? Just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it might not be valid. Again, on a PUBLIC FORUM.

If you were paying attention, you wouldn't write me a reply that asks "why" to a post that provides the "why". You also wouldn't say "just because..." when your "just because..." doesn't actually address anything I said.

Also the only "insight" is again some shit that ought be saved for Twitter. I'm sleepy, I'm hungry, and I don't want to hear any more PFT do not constitute insight.

• Like 2

and if you could find a bigger font to write PUBLIC FORUM in, maybe a louder font, maybe I'll get it.

• Like 3

If you were paying attention, you wouldn't write me a reply that asks "why" to a post that provides the "why". You also wouldn't say "just because..." when your "just because..." doesn't actually address anything I said.

Also the only "insight" is again some shit that ought be saved for Twitter. I'm sleepy, I'm hungry, and I don't want to hear any more PFT do not constitute insight.

I think you are 100% wrong. And yet I still think a public forum is the place for you to share your opinions. A novel concept...

• Like 3