🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 348 — Is Y'all My Daddy?

I like this episode and everyone in it.

Also, here's the Grandfessor's favorite comic book:

What_If%3F_Vol_1_34.jpg

• Like 9

I think you are 100% wrong. And yet I still think a public forum is the place for you to share your opinions. A novel concept...

Wow you are a one note wonder. You still haven't actually directly addressed anything I said. Your position is based on the incorrect presumption that I am in disagreement with the sentiments of the posts I have taken to task. Whether or not I disagree is not the point. My point is that taking the time to intellectualize a sentiment that can easily be summarized with the phrase; "I'm tired of this," is fucking pedantic, obtuse, and utterly boring. I have not suggested anyone not express themselves at all, I have merely suggested their mundane chatter is a fountain of vomit and what the fuck is the point exactly, and take it to the kiddie pool already, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes.

• Like 4

Why do people treat the forum like their fucking diary?; "Today I decided not to dip my french fries in ketchup. I'm not saying I hate ketchup, I just think me and ketchup need a break."

Too much of a good thing? It's still a good thing people.

This is a forum about ketchup, though.

• Like 11

Matt Gourley is damn national treasure. "Fuck them in the knuckles" was my breaking point. Call me crazy, but I love the JW Stillwater story. I'm always a bigger fan of characters who are invented rather than exaggerated people from real life, so JW is a favorite of mine.

• Like 10

For what it's worth, I'm so, so happy that Paul F. Tompkins is just as involved with the podcast as ever, even with all his other ventures (and his recent weekly podcast!). I don't always check who's on an episode before I listen to it on Monday, and it always gets me excited to hear his off-mic laughter before he's introduced.

• Like 7

This was a really fun episode. Y'all are being particularly heinous.

"scott: ...my wife

pft: what's that?

scott: nevermind"

"consider me hooked, I will not be crooked!"

also who wants to join my new band Pyramid Full of Cops?

• Like 8

I guess I must be a fanboy (which I've learned is just a word people use for other people who like something they don't or even just more than they do... thanks Marvel and DC "fanboys" for teaching me this through observation) because I've never suffered from PFTF, and I re-listen to alot of PFT episodes as I'm falling asleep. Same with Daly and Adomian; I'm not sure I could ever get sick of them. Also, the thing about fanboys, 9 times out of 10 it's a problem with the fan.

Anyways, I've criticized Cam'ron before but I've since learned to follow the old "if you have nothing nice to say" rule, but damn she was good in this episode. Everything with her and JW just feels right, I love their ward relationship. They had me laughing throughout, but as hard as it was to do I think Gourley really stole the show. I had to (be kind and) rewind after a few of his expressions because he had me laughing so hard, pretty much everything he said in this episode was gold.

This whole episode was a great soundscape.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Paul's "Cluedo" references, a nice easter egg for Spontaneanation listeners.

• Like 11

I guess I must be a fanboy (which I've learned is just a word people use for other people who like something they don't or even just more than they do... thanks Marvel and DC "fanboys" for teaching me this through observation) because I've never suffered from PFTF, and I re-listen to alot of PFT episodes as I'm falling asleep. Same with Daly and Adomian; I'm not sure I could ever get sick of them. Also, the thing about fanboys, 9 times out of 10 it's a problem with the fan.

Anyways, I've criticized Cam'ron before but I've since learned to follow the old "if you have nothing nice to say" rule, but damn she was good in this episode. Everything with her and JW just feels right, I love their ward relationship. They had me laughing throughout, but as hard as it was to do I think Gourley really stole the show. I had to (be kind and) rewind after a few of his expressions because he had me laughing so hard, pretty much everything he said in this episode was gold.

This whole episode was a great soundscape.

EDIT: I forgot to mention Paul's "Cluedo" references, a nice easter egg for Spontaneanation listeners.

Caramel is really subtle and super super dry. In her stand up she gets a bit far-out, but it's presented as a casual aside.

Repeat listens essential with this ep I think.

• Like 3

I agree with Scott, that plugs theme was unpleasant. Everything else was great, JW remains one of my favorite characters. Stealwater is a true villain... It's great that these folks can make me laugh about something so serious and current. I mean, have you seen the price of almonds lately?! Something must be done.

Great plugs theme song Oddbomb!

I, for one, feel safer knowing Jesse Ventura is still in the plug bag, asking questions, searching for the truth and exposing conspiracies.

Wow you are a one note wonder. You still haven't actually directly addressed anything I said. Your position is based on the incorrect presumption that I am in disagreement with the sentiments of the posts I have taken to task. Whether or not I disagree is not the point. My point is that taking the time to intellectualize a sentiment that can easily be summarized with the phrase; "I'm tired of this," is fucking pedantic, obtuse, and utterly boring. I have not suggested anyone not express themselves at all, I have merely suggested their mundane chatter is a fountain of vomit and what the fuck is the point exactly, and take it to the kiddie pool already, Twitter, YouTube, iTunes.

So you can share your opinions but they shouldn't share theirs because its that they're tired of something/someone?

and you can qualify PFT's laughter as 100% authentic because why? I have no PFT exhaustion, but I completely get where these people are coming from about the laughter. I hadn't thought about it but it is maybe getting to a level of Jimmy Fallon-ness on SNL... He once laughed at insanely funny turns and lines, but lately its like anything a guest says that is intended as a joke

The point I wanted to support is that you're being a complete ass, and denying the ass that you're being by saying you support people sharing their opinions but yours is always right and theirs is stupid, pedantic, wrong, and more smarty words that I don't feel like wasting the time to write down

• Like 2

So you can share your opinions but they shouldn't share theirs because its that they're tired of something/someone?

and you can qualify PFT's laughter as 100% authentic because why? I have no PFT exhaustion, but I completely get where these people are coming from about the laughter. I hadn't thought about it but it is maybe getting to a level of Jimmy Fallon-ness on SNL... He once laughed at insanely funny turns and lines, but lately its like anything a guest says that is intended as a joke

The point I wanted to support is that you're being a complete ass, and denying the ass that you're being by saying you support people sharing their opinions but yours is always right and theirs is stupid, pedantic, wrong, and more smarty words that I don't feel like wasting the time to write down

that's certainly one way to misinterpret what i said.

• Like 2

Opinions are like buttholes, enchanting!

What if they weren't?

• Like 7

I'm sorry, I said misinterpret, I should have said misinterpret and misrepresent. Also you asked a question I failed to answer.

So you can share your opinions but they shouldn't share theirs because its that they're tired of something/someone? I'm encouraging people to exercise a little impulse control. The first thought is so seldom the most insightful or relevant. I like how you framed this question to imply that I am positioning my input to be of a higher order, that's very shrewd, it's also rude. How dare you dude?

and you can qualify PFT's laughter as 100% authentic because why? My earholes are connected to my soul-hole.

I hadn't thought about it but it is maybe getting to a level of Jimmy Fallon-ness on SNL... It seems like you still haven't thought about it.

He once laughed at insanely funny turns and lines, but lately its like anything a guest says that is intended as a joke Getting sad now...

The point I wanted to support is that you're being a complete ass Fair enough.

and denying the ass that you're being Losing cohesion...

by saying you support people sharing their opinions but yours is always right Here's where you completely lose it. Never said that. Never implied it.

and more smarty words that I don't feel like wasting the time to write down Smarty words? Oh boy.

Here's the original post again - try to actually get it this time.

Why do people treat the forum like their fucking diary?; "Today I decided not to dip my french fries in ketchup. I'm not saying I hate ketchup, I just think me and ketchup need a break."

• Like 1

What if they weren't?

Read this forum to find out the answer!!

• Like 1

I'm sorry, I said misinterpret, I should have said misinterpret and misrepresent. Also you asked a question I failed to answer.

So you can share your opinions but they shouldn't share theirs because its that they're tired of something/someone? I'm encouraging people to exercise a little impulse control. The first thought is so seldom the most insightful or relevant. I like how you framed this question to imply that I am positioning my input to be of a higher order, that's very shrewd, it's also rude. How dare you dude?

and you can qualify PFT's laughter as 100% authentic because why? My earholes are connected to my soul-hole.

I hadn't thought about it but it is maybe getting to a level of Jimmy Fallon-ness on SNL... It seems like you still haven't thought about it.

He once laughed at insanely funny turns and lines, but lately its like anything a guest says that is intended as a joke Getting sad now...

The point I wanted to support is that you're being a complete ass Fair enough.

and denying the ass that you're being Losing cohesion...

by saying you support people sharing their opinions but yours is always right Here's where you completely lose it. Never said that. Never implied it.

and more smarty words that I don't feel like wasting the time to write down Smarty words? Oh boy.

Here's the original post again - try to actually get it this time.

thanks for replying multiple times, and for letting me know that you are the barometer for what should and shouldn't be shared on a public forum... Its not that other people's opinions are 'wrong' to the world or you, its just that they arent analyzed in depth enough prior to posting. So once again, you know when PFTs laughter is legitimate (always) and when other people's opinons arent well thought out enough, and you feel best equipped to judge other people's thoughts and opinions on their merit

very mature, adult point of view to have. Were you an only child?

So is this forum just for people to repeat the lines of the episode they loved? Let us all know, because I never got the rules of the earwolf forums like you but I want to do my best to only share the kinds of thoughts or opinions that you deem worthy, because I wouldn't dare to question your status as untitled moderator of the boards

thanks for replying multiple times, and for letting me know that you are the barometer for what should and shouldn't be shared on a public forum... Its not that other people's opinions are 'wrong' to the world or you, its just that they arent analyzed in depth enough prior to posting. So once again, you know when PFTs laughter is legitimate (always) and when other people's opinons arent well thought out enough, and you feel best equipped to judge other people's thoughts and opinions on their merit

very mature, adult point of view to have. Were you an only child?

So is this forum just for people to repeat the lines of the episode they loved? Let us all know, because I never got the rules of the earwolf forums like you but I want to do my best to only share the kinds of thoughts or opinions that you deem worthy, because I wouldn't dare to question your status as untitled moderator of the boards

Your doing a great job too on all accounts. Only child? What? I love that you are simultaneously trying to minimize my output and say all offerings are legit. Cognitive dissonance, it's dynamic. I don't understand the nature of most of your questions because they don't seem to refer to anything I've actually said. Example; "So is this forum just for people to repeat the lines of the episode they loved?" Clearly this thread confirms the contrary. Thank you for establishing my status as the unofficial moderator of the boards (UMOTB). Let's say we disagree and be done? I actually think we disagree less than is apparent by these posts. So as mutual fans, let's pause and grant each other the respect for at least having that in common.

• Like 1

I think he laughs cause he finds those things genuinely funny not cause its an easy laugh.. I find it more impressive that he does just come to things sometimes with an accent I feel its way more difficult to come up with great stuff on the spot like that.. it usually ends up being really hysterical.. And maybe i'm just not thinking right now but does he even do that frequently? And i'm honestly asking cause I cant think of anything currently..I don't think i'm a fanboy or something like that I actually despise that word haha I just really enjoy PFT everyone is definitely allowed their opinion so im glad you spoke up about how you feel.

They may be genuine laughs but it doesn't really give me much of a chance to think about if I really find it funny or if I should feel like I missed something if I'm not laughing along with the laugh track. I may not be as committed to re-listening for the nuances of these characters, but pretty much any PFT character with an elevated English accent sounds the same to me and doesn't really have a consistent enough personality to make them different from each other. I continue to listen just to prove myself wrong and get back to when I used to laugh REALLY hard at PFT and Scott going back and forth.

Also, whoops at making souprman fly off the handle here. I think it's ironic that he/she started with talking about how boring "diary posts" are and yet emotionally reacted to every reply he/she got as if we gave a shit about how mad people who disagree with him/her make him/her.

• Like 3

Someday Cameron will be on the show without the endless amount of shit posting. Oh what a day that'll be.

That being said Matt Gourley may be the funniest man to ever live.

• Like 5

They may be genuine laughs but it doesn't really give me much of a chance to think about if I really find it funny or if I should feel like I missed something if I'm not laughing along with the laugh track. I may not be as committed to re-listening for the nuances of these characters, but pretty much any PFT character with an elevated English accent sounds the same to me and doesn't really have a consistent enough personality to make them different from each other. I continue to listen just to prove myself wrong and get back to when I used to laugh REALLY hard at PFT and Scott going back and forth.

Also, whoops at making souprman fly off the handle here. I think it's ironic that he/she started with talking about how boring "diary posts" are and yet emotionally reacted to every reply he/she got as if we gave a shit about how mad people who disagree with him/her make him/her.

I'm not really emotional though.. so? Off the handle? I'm just speaking my mind. I think I did upset some people however, clearly. Sorry folks! I think all this shit is funny for the record. Not in a condescending way either, I say what I mean here. I have genuinely laughed hard at every post that slammed me. It's playtime folks. Batter Up!!

• Like 1

I have genuinely laughed hard at every post that slammed me. It's playtime folks. Batter Up!!

Give it a rest, Fonzie.

• Like 8