🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 108.5 — Minisode 108.5

The most kick ass movie of all time and the most requested movie is finally being covered by the HDTGM crew! That’s right, Face Off is coming on the next episode! This week Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Con Air and breaks down why Nic Cage would be a better bad guy in Con Air. Plus, Paul answers all your Qs regarding when you should leave work, Jesus powers, and more!

finally ...

ogzate.jpg

How long have you been sitting on this waiting to post it?

Because it's totally amazing.

Oh man, I picture Zooks listening to this minisode, hearing all these mistakes, and slowly boiling in rage.

"There are no holes in this movie...there are NO holes in this movie...THERE ARE NO HOLES IN THIS MOVIE!"

Genuinely excited for Face/Off in any case, but also hoping the next one is a studio episode.

finally ...

scary part is I was going to make the same poster at one time, then I had the idea for Hair/off, nic cage vs john having a hair off, because both of them suffer from male pattern baldness.but then I got too busy and had to give up on the project. I don't like face off as much con air so most likely will not happen.

IT's really hard to find a Jason Mantzoukas photo that isn't black and white with out the beard. that's why I had given up on the HDTGM version

firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, add may contain June Diane Raphael, then it would be perfect.

I hope we get the techtalk show again this week. last weeks show was all about skype.

I fee like I've had a Cage overdose. Last week the good folks at We Hate Movies did "Face/Off," you guys did "Conair," now I don't know what's real and what's not, what's up and what's down; I don't even know the alphabet anymore. Is it "A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,Y,X,Y and Z?!?!?!?!?!!! I don't know. Maybe you should just pull the trigger Cause I DON'T GIVE A FUCK! I'm ready for the big ride baaaaby!!!!!!

This is streaming on Netflix (according to Can I Stream.It) as of 11:59 A.M. Pacific Time. Let's see how long it lasts!

This is streaming on Netflix (according to Can I Stream.It) as of 11:59 A.M. Pacific Time. Let's see how long it lasts!

Yeah, I watched it right after Con Air a couple weeks ago, and I haven't seen it on any of the lists saying it will go away yet.

I guess they won't be doing Furious 7...

I think they were waiting until May when Adam Scott's schedule freed up. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to see F7 until it comes out to rent/purchase :(

• Like 1

Paul's description of how Bruckheimer kept telling everyone to make everything bigger and crazier in Con-Air reminded me of George Lucas infamously wanting everything to be "Faster! More intense!" in Star Wars.

• Like 1

Most likely do that when june is back in town...

tell then it's wig off time..

Enjoy!

rtnnn7.jpg

Cage and travolta both look like michael landon in the source photo images.

anyone else notice that both con air and face off both have crappy movie posters for such big films.

• Like 3

Paul's said several times that they'll be recording it in May after Adam Scott's schedule clears up. That means the earliest we'll see it would be 5/15.

just logged in to say

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I second that emotion. OMG OMG OMG!

How can you say no to this?

cage6.gif

• Like 4

I gotta say I like Leann Rimes' version better. I'm not a big fan of country music, but Leann Rimes has one of those voices, sort of like Carrie Underwood, where she's so good that its almost impossible not to notice it.

• Like 2

If they do another IMDB keyword list they really need to get Bob Ducca on the show.

• Like 1

Oh, awesome! Feels like it's been a while since they've done something that's on Netflix (Safe Haven, I think). Also, this means I get to further delay answering the question "Will I ever use my VCR again?" since I have this movie on VHS.

• Like 1

I gotta say I like Leann Rimes' version better. I'm not a big fan of country music, but Leann Rimes has one of those voices, sort of like Carrie Underwood, where she's so good that its almost impossible not to notice it.

Also, am I to understand that song was written for this movie?! Because that would be, as Zooks says, "Totally koko bananas."

It's always an experience trying to convince my fiancee to watch the movies for this podcast ahead of them. Here's how this week's conversation went:

Me: "Hey, want to watch Con Air this week?"

Her: "Ummmmm...who's in it?

Me: "Nicola Ca-

Her: "No."

DAMMIT

• Like 3

It also spurned this Face/Off themed Lil' Wayne / Julez Santana mixtape

http://www.datpiff.com/Lil-Wayne-Face-Off-mixtape.1596.html

I think they were waiting until May when Adam Scott's schedule freed up. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to see F7 until it comes out to rent/purchase :(

Remedy this situation, Cameron, for F7 is truly magnificent.

• Like 3