🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Thomas and the Magic Railroad (2000)

This was actually in theaters. How in the fuck did they manage to get Peter Fonda and Alec Baldwin in this nightmare.

This was also Mara Wilson's last movie role as a child actor, as after the film flopped, she retired from Hollywood.

I know we don't see you guys do lots of kids movies, but since if your son is a Thomas kid, you're gonna end up watching it at some point anyway.... Alec Baldwin and an Oh-so-sad Peter Fonda are a revelation. A story that makes no sense and animation that is truly bonkers. Do it!

I loved Thomas the Train Engine as a kid and watched the show every morning on PBS, but this is just something else. I can guess that they got Baldwin and Fonda because their kids or grandkids loved the show, similar to Raul Julia's kids picking Street Fighter as his last role. Also the more shocking thing about this series is that the Baldwin was replacing George fricking Carlin as Mr. Conductor, which that itself should be the real question of how they got him to do a kids show. Mara Wilson wrote a great article for Cracked about why she left the business and lucked out in having two of the only decent stage parents in the industry (http://www.cracked.com/blog/7-reasons-child-stars-go-crazy-an-insiders-perspective/), which is definitely worth the read. Lastly, I don't think this will be done as Jason Woliner from Human Giant was on the American version of Thomas the Train Engine.

Sign in to follow this