🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 81 — Alex Anfanger and Jon Bass, Our Close Friends

i stopped listening to Pft's and Lauren's podcasts. I don't know, just wasn't working for me.

• Like 3

Is it bad that I'm so happy Anastasia's big time Hollywood career has apparently crashed and burned because ..... she's back on the forums !!!!

• Like 12

Dixon I liked yr Anne Fangers PCG q. this week. well done you.

i stopped listening to Pft's and Lauren's podcasts. I don't know, just wasn't working for me.

I stipped listening to spontaneination because I found that, in the 5 years in between, I had fallen out of love w/ PFT talking shit over Eban's piano accompianment. I unsubbed from the Lapskast but have just downloaded the mp3 from soundcloud every week since. Nick Thune this week are you kidding? Thick Noon??

• Like 5

devscoots, you mentioned that you were gonna stop posting here when you're drunk in last episode's thread. I disagree with that.

It is a time-honored Handbook forum tradition that people be encouraged to post while drunk. Please do it more, not less.

Since we're friends now that's my pro tip.

Aces! What about while brushing teeth? or brushing teeth after dinking\\\\\\/\\/? (i kept hitting the button beside the up arrow that makes capital letters etc.)

PS. I think those other podcasts are good. But the sean and hayes hollywood podcast is hashtag number #1. Also election time is coming up in UK, be sure to get all your votes in, or else the baddies might win!!!!

• Like 7

Also, I'm just now clocking that engie cody's name is cody skully, and not just a nickname bestowed upon him by howie... kramer.

Cool name you;ve got there, engie cody skully.

• Like 2

Dixon I liked yr Anne Fangers PCG q. this week. well done you.

I stipped listening to spontaneination because I found that, in the 5 years in between, I had fallen out of love w/ PFT talking shit over Eban's piano accompianment. I unsubbed from the Lapskast but have just downloaded the mp3 from soundcloud every week since. Nick Thune this week are you kidding? Thick Noon??

I don't think I can accept this. The LL podcast is hit or miss, and I'm really not a fan of the CBB "spin-off" podcasts. It's kind of overkill with those characters and just never as funny as when they're on CBB.

I find spomtaneatiin to be a refreshing breeze. Interesting format, and his interviews are a true delight. I'll admit the improv part isn't always hilarious, but nothing is.

PFT is a delightful man and I won't sit here and listen to someone say they've fallen out of love. For shame.

• Like 2

Maybe if Paul was interviewing celebrities I like like Two Chains or the fat clown from ICP or Three of the jabawokies.

• Like 10

I'm really not a fan of the CBB "spin-off" podcasts. It's kind of overkill with those characters and just never as funny as when they're on CBB.

ADPPP was even funnier I think. ADPPP #1 Wit and Wisdom of the West is oen of my favorite single episodes of a podcast ever.

LL is a little bit hit-or-miss. I tend to really like the toned-down ones that are very NPR-style. And TGIGotGOST, obviously, was the exception and the strongest episode overall.

• Like 11

Maybe if Paul was interviewing celebrities I like like Two Chains or the fat clown from ICP or Three of the jabawokies.

Is there only one fat clown?

ADPPP was even funnier I think. ADPPP #1 Wit and Wisdom of the West is oen of my favorite single episodes of a podcast ever.

LL is a little bit hit-or-miss. I tend to really like the toned-down ones that are very NPR-style. And TGIGotGOST, obviously, was the exception and the strongest episode overall.

True ADPPP is the exception because he is a national treasure. Also it was just one ep with each character. I'll have to re-listen to the W&WotW. I don't remember it too well and I'm running out of pcasts

• Like 4

Hey guys, so 500 posts and I guess I'm in the wires now? Did this happen to anyone else?

19ef0713-af2d-4cfa-aa05-abd2049a7154_zpsouv5oh8p.png

Hey guys- another like from Hayes. No big deal or anything. It's like it happens so much it's just part of my routine. Just a day in the life. Super casual. Totally chill. Whatevs bro.

• Like 2

i love PFT but his podcast is boring, im still subbed tho

• Like 9

i would like to specify, that i also like PFT. No mortal insult ins meant by my p-cast sub-list.

• Like 3

hello these forums seem to have a tremendous amount of backstory and inside jokes and assumed knowledge and you all know each other and are brave enough to show your faces and i am scared to join in because i am worried i am not prepared and you are going to judge me and i will not be able to keep up with you hollywood big-shots so i am posting this post to get over my fear and say that i have posted and now i have officially posted hello

(quick question: how many hours per day should i be spending in this forum to be considered a Real Fan And Active Participant? i cannot afford to spend more than 10 hours per weekday or 12 per weekend)

now i am going to act like i have always been here.

I like PFT (i am using the official abbreviation for Paul F. Tompkins to establish legitimacy and gain your respect), but I do not like Spontaneanation. It is nice, but unfortunately not that fun. I like podcasts that are nice AND fun. I am subscribed anyway though because I like to consider myself a patron of the arts.

• Like 11

I feel like the biggest problem with WSGLL is when the hosts are wishy-washy about their "bit" and don't fully commit or they fall back onto the easiest ideas (i.e. being attracted to the guest).

I dig Spontaneanation. It's not always hilarious, but it's only five eps in. I appreciate the relaxed atmosphere, the improvisers are friendly and supportive so it never totally bombs. I do tend to put it on when I'm going to bed, for what that's worth.

• Like 2

ADPPP #1 was the only great one out of Andy's run (8 is debateable) and it was really good, imo. the rest were just decent or good.

edit: i just realized that I am a chronic non-conformist

• Like 1

I think Spontaneanation has been decent so far, but this last episode was a chore to get through. They completely blew their setup and kept falling on that whole traditional/non-traditional thing. They pretty much just backed themselves into a corner and couldn't find a way out.

Hey buds.

I just saw the new Avengers movie and thought it was pretty good besides Elizabeth Olsen's character. Any of you guys seen it?

• Like 1

Okay, so, I just got back from my short vacation. Had a good time at Disneyland (People from L.A. will get what I mean by that!), but now I'm back in my own part of California.

I know you guys are upset that I've been gone, but I needed some time away from you guys in order for you to realize what this place would be like without me. Like in that Jimmy Stewart movie, What A Wonderful World.

Anywho, what did I miss? Any sweet zingers?

• Like 6

i love PFT but his podcast is boring, im still subbed tho

PFT's podcast is like old people hanging out

• Like 11

PFT's podcast is like old people hanging out

HAHAHA! Now that's the kind of zinger I've been looking forward too!

• Like 2

WSGLL is hit or miss for me. But it was my intro to Hayes and Sean and Hollywood handbook. So for that I is an eternally grateful man.

• Like 4

Guys, I don't think were allowed to be talking about "other podcasts", were they to even exist.

• Like 8

What is this, the podcast talk forum?

You're not even supposed to talk about the podcast this forum is about in this forum!

• Like 15

Hey, just out of curiosity did any of you newbies have a difficult childhood? I'm the person on the forum who gets to the heart of the matter and I'd really like to find a connection with you guys. I know it's tough to talk about, but sometimes sharing your story of being molested, watching your grandma die right in front of you, or being abandoned at an orphanage can really help me to like you.

• Like 24

I abandoned my dead grandma at an orphanage if that counts for anything

(she was starting to smell and the kids looked hungry)

• Like 8