🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 81 — Alex Anfanger and Jon Bass, Our Close Friends

Not going to get into the potential offensiveness of anything, but, guys, I just made and ate the best pizza I've ever had in my life. Perfect firmness of base, perfect sloppiness, and perfect mix of flavours. kittens, should we ever meet, I got you covered for pizzas bro.

What about those of us who aren't kittens? Do you also have us covered for pizza?

• Like 2

Ya start with provista sugo, then a lil bit o mozzarell, then ham, then tomato peppers and some garlic, then onion, then MORE CHEESE (not too much), then some bacon on top of the cheese,a lil bit more garlic, then oregano, then chilli flakes, and then, right before you put it in the oven, drizzle a bit of olive oil on the thing.

What about those of us who aren't kittens? Do you also have us covered for pizza?

Those who ask for help shall gladly receive it (yeh dude if we meet I'll cook we'll both eat and feel good about it)

• Like 3

His bit where he discussed his heritage and the struggles his people have faced? Maybe aren't you the racist one for thinking that him speaking about his culture is racist?

This is unecessary. Dabney is allowed to not like something. She wasn't being a jerk in her post, so don't be a dickhead about it.

• Like 9

I posted something snarky and then deleted it. Now all that's left is this post. Sorry.

• Like 4

This is unecessary. Dabney is allowed to not like something. She wasn't being a jerk in her post, so don't be a dickhead about it.

How am I being a dickhead? I made a joke in response to her post. Of course she's allowed to not like something, and I'm allowed to think that we don't need to call out a bit for being racist when it's really not meant to be offensive.

• Like 1

u werent being a dick guy with terrible name. bruce is just upset that they read my letter. inyaface Bruce. *dogwithsunglasses.emoji*

• Like 13

u werent being a dick guy with terrible name. bruce is just upset that they read my letter. inyaface Bruce. *dogwithsunglasses.emoji*

Someday you people will accept my name. Someday.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, do you understand that they're making fun of white people who claim to have very minuscule distant Native American heritage, but feel the need to constantly talk about it and claim to be culturally Native American without knowing anything about the culture? I mean if Sean had put on brown makeup and was wearing a headdress I could maybe understand your offense to the bit...

I don't have a problem with Sean or Hayes, I just find this type of satirical humor problematic in the big picture. I think this article sums it up pretty well. http://thoughtcatalo...youre-a-racist/

Honestly IDK why this struck a nerve with me. I do think it's important to examine humor that involves racial stereotypes, including satire. So my issue is probably with Adam Sandler, not the HH crew.

• Like 3

pizza sounds good

Kittens. Is your name a callback to the kittens mentioned on the Reality Show Show or are you just a manifestation of adorable, young cats?

• Like 2

it's not a reference and i am just a normal guy like everyone else

• Like 12

where am I? Is this the Comedy Bang Bang forum?

• Like 3

SteveH aka AD,

I just looked at your pancake recipe. I was previously impressed with your rise to fame in this forum, but now? I am in awe of an amazing looking pancake recipe. Will try and review soon.

• Like 2

i look forward to it.

I would love to inspire another week of hollywood handbook forum culinary explorations, a la greggy's pretzels.

• Like 3

I don't have a problem with Sean or Hayes, I just find this type of satirical humor problematic in the big picture. I think this article sums it up pretty well. http://thoughtcatalo...youre-a-racist/

Honestly IDK why this struck a nerve with me. I do think it's important to examine humor that involves racial stereotypes, including satire. So my issue is probably with Adam Sandler, not the HH crew.

But they're making fun of the racism in the Adam Sandler movie. It seems like you guys are on the same side of the issue

• Like 1

But they're making fun of the racism in the Adam Sandler movie. It seems like you guys are on the same side of the issue

The article linked argues that that doesn't matter. The article (over-simplified and possibly misunderstood) is essentially saying that the context of what the true meaning is doesn't matter; the article is claiming that what people say *prima facie and on the surface* can still be hurtful and racist.

• Like 7

Great episode, I thought Nick Mundy had some really interesting things to say about the U.S. State Department recommending women wearing a wedding ring while traveling.

Oh whoops, thought I was on the Yo, Is This Racist forums for a second.

• Like 5

Nope

• Like 6

I have a few problems with the article. It assumes a black or white view on comedy and race where there is no such thing as context. Everything about everything is context.

Its unnecessarily combative.

The writer starts off by unwillingly admitting that guilt plays a role in her hardline stance.

She uses the phrase 'colored people.'

no spiderman

• Like 5

unwise to assume comedy fans will be anything but unwavering in their commitment to a bit

• Like 9