🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 230 — 29 Forever?

Howard and Kulap kick off this week's episode by collectively opening a Diet Coke. Then, the gang welcomes to the show actor, comedian, and writer Zach Sherwin. Zach gives intimate details about the hardships of changing ones rap name, the appropriate props that one needs in order to perform, and the appropriate way to phase out a YouTube channel. Additionally, the crew has a congressional debate over whether or not they would like to be 29 forever, as well as the most creative ways to be creative. Lastly, Zach fields questions from Chartists wherein he reveals his favorite rap artist.

I love this guest. He's like the Who Charted special correspondent. He should pop in on a Twooch once a month or so.

• Like 4

Kulap knows whats up, XXX is by far the best flavor of Vitamin Water. Her brain fart of not understanding Howard's questioning what her favorite flavor was, however, that was frustrating

There are some shows where Kulap would rather portray Howard as an idiot to the guest. This is one of those shows. This guest, in particular, seemed to have a bond with the show and with Howard and Kulap seemed to be in overdrive to pick out the things that Howard does on a normal basis that make the show what it is. It reminds me of the people that would be your friend unless there was someone else around, but only insult you in public. It makes me sad....

^there seemed to be weird a weird undercurrent of animosity between How and Ku (from Ku's end specifically). I thought I was overthinking it but it definitely seemed like more than the normal ribbing.

There are some shows where Kulap would rather portray Howard as an idiot to the guest. This is one of those shows. This guest, in particular, seemed to have a bond with the show and with Howard and Kulap seemed to be in overdrive to pick out the things that Howard does on a normal basis that make the show what it is. It reminds me of the people that would be your friend unless there was someone else around, but only insult you in public. It makes me sad....

I think you're totally misreading Kulap. She's all good vibes, and I'm pretty sure she states all the time how she thinks he has a brilliant mind.

• Like 3

^there seemed to be weird a weird undercurrent of animosity between How and Ku (from Ku's end specifically). I thought I was overthinking it but it definitely seemed like more than the normal ribbing.

Something about Wie Wie bailing on her to go bad mouth the estate sale of Griffith Observatory.

So instead, I hope she and Stard went out for sushi and left the orange stuff on the side.

Pickled_Ginger_Slice_Pink.jpg

• Like 2

I think you're totally misreading Kulap. She's all good vibes, and I'm pretty sure she states all the time how she thinks he has a brilliant mind.

Don't get me wrong, I love Ku, and she's a very important part of why I love Whoch and Twoch. But sometimes, she seems to use Howard as some kind of foil when certain guests are in studio. Meaning, she takes things that have been discussed previously (such as space v. ocean, crazy make-'em-ups or movie length, etc.) and treats them as weird curiosities in these rare moments. Rather than the "That's just our crazy Howard" attitude of, say, your average Twooch episode. Once again, I love KU!!! And this is not a critique. It just makes me sad to hear mommy and daddy fight.

• Like 1

Sounds like Stard slowed down the gifts theme and juiced up the delay/verb on them vox.

Nice.

Sounds like Stard slowed down the gifts theme and juiced up the delay/verb on them vox.

Nice.

hmm no. sure you're not just high? :)

• Like 5

rest assured this is all in your head. nothing but hugs and good vibes.

• Like 5

Holy poops Kremer trying to give some Blart wordplay riffs gave me a headache from laughing so hard. I drank water multiple times just to do more spit takes.

Are you gonna see-3PO Blart-2D2?

rest assured this is all in your head. nothing but hugs and good vibes.

Leave it to Stard to make cooler heads prevail. Let me just say again, I love this show (ALL of it), I'm just overprotective of Mr. Motorcycle I guess....

I loved it when Kulap muttered "Goddamn it" before going into the music chart. Human moment!

• Like 1

hmm no. sure you're not just high? :)/>

I listened at work today. Maybe it's because I'm not high.

Great stuff, loved getting a longer episode after a run of short-ish ones. Don't recall even hearing of Zach before, but he won me over quickly.

• Like 2

I LOVED this episode! Zach Sherwin seemed genuinely thrilled to be there and the chemistry was palpable. Plus a nice extra long one!

• Like 1

Leave it to Stard to make cooler heads prevail. Let me just say again, I love this show (ALL of it), I'm just overprotective of Mr. Motorcycle I guess....

Funny, because I had the exact opposite opinion while listening! It felt to me like in order to play up his affinity with the awesome Mr. Sherwin, he was willing to distance himself from Kulap. Maybe I'm just actually overprotective of Ku. Though I know (or pray) all is well in the house of Whooch!

Holy poops Kremer trying to give some Blart wordplay riffs gave me a headache from laughing so hard. I drank water multiple times just to do more spit takes.

Are you gonna see-3PO Blart-2D2?

Agreed, so can some chartist with skills and a little free time make some photoshops off of that? I was instantly imagining Paul Blart with C3PO's head

Agreed, so can some chartist with skills and a little free time make some photoshops off of that? I was instantly imagining Paul Blart with C3PO's head

I don't know, he's the perfect shape for R2.

Vitamin D deficiency is no joke. I had it too and was bummed there are no ribbons or 5Ks for Vitamin D deficiency awareness.

• Like 1

I don't know, he's the perfect shape for R2.

Yeah in R2 I was thinking more along the lines of just an R2 unit working as a mall cop. Could ride a segway if he/she wants

Sign in to follow this