🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 185 — We Need to Talk About Kevin

Drew Spears, Andrew Hansen, and Beth Appel of the UCB-LA Harold team Cardinal Redbird all learn more about Thomas the Milk Man’s new intern Kevin on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! As we get to know more about Kevin, you’ll hear improvised scenes about a towel boy who’s eager to take over for a basketball coach, being unable to do any work due to being in a relationship, and PG rated movies that sound erotic. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

"Mudhoney? My first concert was in the mud, at Woodstock... honey"

This line was so good I shot my tea through my nose.

Worth it.

• Like 7

Some of the short scenes gave this episode a loose, almost frenetic feeling at times, which I definitely enjoyed. Especially when a scene ends due to a "kill line," where there's basically nowhere else for it to go so it ends almost by default, even if it hadn't been fully fleshed out. :lol: Too much of that can be tiresome, but thankfully that wasn't the case here. I thought the two newbies had good debuts too, Beth in particular -- hopefully she makes another appearance down the line.

i4H really deserves some kind of award for most dependable comedy podcast. I was cracking up when Matt got on Kevin for jumping in and interviewing.

• Like 7

I admit at the start, based on the title, I thought this was going to be another hugely meta episode like Whiplash.

Not that I'm disappointed. The reveal of the 4-butted girlfriend creature was an instant classic. As was Matt's awesome reaction to Kevin taking over the interview.

• Like 2

I loved the Extras From Germany scene.

Yea, I love those moments where you know they just stumbled into the premise.

• Like 1

i4H really deserves some kind of award for most dependable comedy podcast. I was cracking up when Matt got on Kevin for jumping in and interviewing.

holy shit that was great. i bet kevin was beet red! i know i would've been. nice work kev

• Like 1

I admit at the start, based on the title, I thought this was going to be another hugely meta episode like Whiplash.

Not that I'm disappointed. The reveal of the 4-butted girlfriend creature was an instant classic. As was Matt's awesome reaction to Kevin taking over the interview.

holy shit that was great. i bet kevin was beet red! i know i would've been. nice work kev

Haha oh god I love that other people hopped onto the forums to talk about this moment. I'm here now as a result of that. Favorite part was when Thomas was like "Stop it!" like he was talking to a small animal or a baby. Bahaha!

Yeah, well said. The most well-earned spot in my stable of podcasts.