🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Ziggy

Youngblood (1986)

Rob Lowe, Cynthia Gibb, Patrick Swayze, a little Keanu Reeves.

Did you ever want to see Rob Lowe as a Junior Hockey player?

Have you ever wondered if Rob Lowe was ever (arguably) statutory raped in a movie?

Have you ever wanted to see Rob Lowe partake in a swordfight that takes place on ice, using hockey sticks as weapons?

Youngblood.

tumblr_mmyj3vHxyC1rsvmj4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mlqvglpqJo1s0lz26o1_500.gif

• Like 1

Another bumparino for me.  I feel like this one should get a little more interest.

"Youngblood is what would happen if you threw Dirty Dancing, St. Elmo’s Fire, and a hockey puck into a cauldron. It’s deliciously ’80s, with an absurd amount of slow-motion hockey scenes, a fantastic training montage, an extremely cheesy but fun "hotshot athlete hooks up with the coach’s daughter" plotline, and a murderer’s row of icons from the decade: Rob Lowe, Patrick Swayze, and a brand-new Keanu Reeves. Out of every entry in Swayze’s ’80s oeuvre, Youngblood probably gets the least reverence, but it’s absolutely deserving of a cult movement."

Training Montage

Bar Scene: Lowe, Swayze, Reeves

Youngblood.jpg

I have yet to see this movie, but as a general rule of thumb, I'll watch any film involving sports. I'm definitely checking this out soon.

• Like 1

Fully agree Youngblood deserves professional critical mockery but we already know why it was made. Rob Lowe’s cheekbones.

Oh man, I don't think I have seen this movie since it came out. It's probably a bigger deal in Canada because we like to act like we own all things hockey. I remember it being a pretty standard sports movie storywise (apart from both Swayze and Lowe being ridiculously good looking for hockey players) but I'll bet it hasn't aged well. Unlike Rob Lowe.

That said, I feel like St. Elmo's Fire is so much more mockable.