🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ribelin2000

Why did they change the theme song?

must turd...what an accurate description.

OK, what did I say in my posts that was racist? Not a damn thing. That's another thing I'm sick and tired of: this idea that if you don't like rap music, you must be a racist. Spare me the politically-correct bullshit, Al Sharpton. I'm not gonna let you play the race card around here. And there's nothing wrong with saying "retarded", Jen. This has nothing to do with the mentally-handicapped. I don't need a speech Nazi telling me what I can and can't say. This political-correctness fascism must be stopped, plain and simple.

must turd...what an accurate description.

OK, what did I say in my posts that was racist? Not a damn thing. That's another thing I'm sick and tired of: this idea that if you don't like rap music, you must be a racist. Spare me the politically-correct bullshit, Al Sharpton. I'm not gonna let you play the race card around here. And there's nothing wrong with saying "retarded", Jen. This has nothing to do with the mentally-handicapped. I don't need a speech Nazi telling me what I can and can't say. This political-correctness fascism must be stopped, plain and simple.

ok, i'll admit i was trolling you because I think you're the worst, but with every idiotic response you make you dig your hole deeper you creep. Keep it up, what'll you say next?

• Like 14

Quasar-rap is "wide in breadth and scope"? Don't make me laugh. Every time I hear a rap song, I can't tell the difference between one or the other, it's all the same, talking about "bitches and hoes", smoking the chronic, using the n-word, robbing stores, being money-obsessed, yet people like you wanna shove this stuff down my throat, accusing me of being closed-minded. And yet I'm willing to bet you hate metal music, am I right? Talk about being closed-minded. So please get off my back, would you?

Quasar-rap is "wide in breadth and scope"? Don't make me laugh. Every time I hear a rap song, I can't tell the difference between one or the other, it's all the same, talking about "bitches and hoes", smoking the chronic, using the n-word, robbing stores, being money-obsessed, yet people like you wanna shove this stuff down my throat, accusing me of being closed-minded. And yet I'm willing to bet you hate metal music, am I right? Talk about being closed-minded. So please get off my back, would you?

of course you like metal. let me guess you're super into Norse mythology and have runic tattoos.

• Like 2

I'm trying but your boring ass complaints about the evils of rap are boring the hell out of me

Hey now, don't group MY favorite genre of music in with THIS GUY. Metal is my bag and I am into Norse Mythology.... though I don't have any runic tattoos. With that said, if you can't get down to stuff like this (let alone the HDTGM theme), then there is no funky bone in your body...

• Like 3

Hey now, don't group MY favorite genre of music in with THIS GUY. Metal is my bag and I am into Norse Mythology.... though I don't have any runic tattoos. With that said, if you can't get down to stuff like this (let alone the HDTGM theme), then there is no funky bone in your body...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toELT1uWDKU

I love metal, as I love all kinds of music. I wasn't trying to disparage metal. I'm just fucking with this bonehead.

• Like 4

Fascism SUCKS!!! Now, let us eradicate all rap music.

• Like 16

I love metal, as I love all kinds of music. I wasn't trying to disparage metal. I'm just fucking with this bonehead.

I think "fucking with boneheads" is part of Earwolf's mission statement.

• Like 5

Okay guys, we've had a lot of fun here today, but I just wanted to address a couple of points here:

And I'm getting sick of people suggesting that anyone who doesn't like obnoxious-ass rap must be old. Seriously, fuck you.

This thread is pretty short and after a quick perusal, I have not read a single post where someone accused you of being old. The closest thing is GGG's Gran Torino pic, and honestly, it was pretty damn funny. Just relax man, we're all here to have fun. If you are going to go on a public forum be prepared to be made fun of. Especially if you are going to make a broad statement about any specific thing. You could have said "I hate cheesecake" and probably have gotten about the same response. If people are calling you "old" for hating rap, that may be something you are carrying over from real life. Just make sure your ire is directed in the right direction.

And there's nothing wrong with saying "retarded", Jen. This has nothing to do with the mentally-handicapped.

I take offense to this term as well. You have used it multiple times to express your views when, frankly, there is a whole world of words out there you could use to express the same sentiment. Words are powerful and shouldn't just be bandied about. Also, using this term in this way is doing nothing to support your argument. I, of course, use the word "argument" loosely as you have done little but say "I hate rap" and act surprised when everyone isn't leaping to agree/defend you. You DO have allies, my friend. I am certain many people feel the same way as you do, but when you respond the way you have, you are just alienating yourself from your supporters.

No, what Quasar Sniffer said is correct, whether you like it or not. If you can't tell the difference between rap/hip-hop songs that sounds like ignorance on your part. And I am using the word "ignorance" not as an insult, but by definition "lacking knowledge or information." I'm not saying you have to go out and "learn" rap. You don't like it and that's cool, but you can't dismiss an entire art form/movement simply because you can't tell the difference between a Tupac and a Kanye.

I know what fascism is, must turd. Oppressing speech and thought is fascism. Wake up.

No one is saying you can't say whatever you want, but....if you go onto *gasp* the Internet and get both overly aggressive and defensive, people are going to call you out on it. I mean, you started this thread to start a discussion, right? Well, don't be pissed if not everyone shares your views. Have a goddamn discussion!

Look man, I'm sure you're a good guy. I'm just saying, consider, not just what you're saying, but how you're saying it. This is a fun place. Lighten up! Have a sense of humor. Fuck, make fun of me if you want. As much as I try to suppress it, a little bit of the troll comes out of me every once in a while.

Besides, I've solved all our problems. Two words: rap metal.

Anyone know what this guy is up to?

sq-limp-durst-rolling-smack-int.jpg

• Like 11

Anyone know what this guy is up to?

sq-limp-durst-rolling-smack-int.jpg

Here you go.

fred-durst.jpg

As for music I take a bit from everything because like emotions each genre covers only one part of a person's spectrum of how they feel. My main music playlist on my iPod goes from Kanye to Metallica to Dean Martin to Korn, etc., as it helps me feel balanced out and I'm getting the best of everything in my opinion. The show is always changing things both big and small, but that's life.

• Like 2

Cameron H.-No, words are not powerful. Words are just words. Nobody's gonna beat up a mentally-challenged kid because I said "retarded", that's just more political correctness, stifling free speech. Fuck that shit. If you know the context, what's the big deal? This country's become a bunch of pussies. And is there really much of a difference between Tupac and Kanye? Kanye uses the n-word, calls women bitches and hoes, and raps about guns and money, just like Tupac did when he was alive. Both were arrogant as Hell. No, I don't see much of a difference.

And finally, Limp Bizkit is not a metal band. Never was. Fred Durst himself has said they weren't. So there.

Cameron H.-No, words are not powerful. Words are just words. Nobody's gonna beat up a mentally-challenged kid because I said "retarded", that's just more political correctness, stifling free speech. Fuck that shit. If you know the context, what's the big deal? This country's become a bunch of pussies. And is there really much of a difference between Tupac and Kanye? Kanye uses the n-word, calls women bitches and hoes, and raps about guns and money, just like Tupac did when he was alive. Both were arrogant as Hell. No, I don't see much of a difference.

And finally, Limp Bizkit is not a metal band. Never was. Fred Durst himself has said they weren't. So there.

Funny that all your generalizations about rap are based on things that NEVER APPEAR in the theme song, which is what you originally started complaining about.

• Like 13

Sorry it was the only good Trekkies Gif I could find from Fanboys.

• Like 3

Cameron H.-No, words are not powerful. Words are just words. Nobody's gonna beat up a mentally-challenged kid because I said "retarded", that's just more political correctness, stifling free speech. Fuck that shit.

And I'm getting sick of people suggesting that anyone who doesn't like obnoxious-ass rap must be old.

1260.gif

• Like 4

Sign in to follow this