🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 349 — The 6th Anniversary Show!

My only complaint is Whitehead's character. What was she thinking?

Not sure why, but all the Wild Horses performers have chosen super gross characters for the past few times they've been on.

This episode was hilarious but I was disappointed that there were TWO opportunities to say "Technicality no down boo over" and they were not taken despite all of the catchphrases!

There was also a few times someone said "two more" and Scott didn't reply "It's not a two more."

This episode is fantastic as hell, though. Love all of these guests.

Also, here's the Timekeeper's favorite comic book:

What_If%3F_Vol_1_34.jpg

Didn't think I'd get as much out of this pic as I have.

• Like 1

I am thirty-one years old.

Starting with this, basically anything Timekeeper said had me in stitches. Possibly peaking with the Na'vi comment.

Truly great charac.

• Like 6

Starting with this, basically anything Timekeeper said had me in stitches. Possibly peaking with the Na'vi comment.

Truly great charac.

"You're just a guy!"

• Like 1

Not sure why, but all the Wild Horses performers have chosen super gross characters for the past few times they've been on.

Maybe they noticed that Lauren Lapkus was having success with her characters that frequently go blue. Traci, Todd, and HoHo all get pretty gross. But those characters have more, erm, characteristics beyond simply being gross. It probably doesn't help that Erin joined in over 90 minutes into the episode. After establishing that Chad was an 11 year old boy, he immediately started saying disgusting things about having teeth in his penis and dicks on his teeth. I think those could be funny concepts if they were reached organically toward the end of a standard episode, but it just didn't work in this frenetic, 10-charac episode. Traci, Todd and HoHo all had full episodes to establish their characters. I didn't really enjoy Chad at all, except for the fact that he imagines putting two girls' earlobes together to look like a butt. That was hilarious.

• Like 1

This is Joe's first time bringing one of his character back, right?

I believe so.

I'm still waiting (in vain) for another Shelby Orangina appearance.

Or that guy with the method for remembering people's names, whose name I have somehow forgot. (I must have selected an inappropriate keyword.) ((Speaking of: that character's "you're name is Zazzu" line might just be my favourite single moment in six years of CBB eps))

• Like 4

The seeds for a With Special Guest, of Santa hosting a podcast with Ho-Ho as the sidekick have been planted. I demand, by which I mean politely ask for this to happen immediately, by which I mean whenever you get the chance.

• Like 10

Also include me in for the Time Keeper love. Much like him, I too have something to say to Mr. Aukerman on this sexaversary. "I love you."

• Like 2

I really don't know what to say about this episode, but I'll try to say something... It definitely lived up to its predecessors, and everyone had me laughing. Cake Boss, Ho-Ho, Scrooge Mc... uhh, Brad Hammerstone? John Lennon, and of course newcomers Klaus, Rickster and (tick tock) The Timekeeper. I'll agree with the above sentiments that The Timekeeper was fucking awesome, but I can't remember a Neil Campbell character I didn't like. I'm still hoping for a Winsome / Dalton Wilcox crossover, since Winsome is clearly some kind of dark immortal entity and Dalton doesn't stand for that kind of horseshit. This is the first podcast in awhile that made me laugh so hard that I had to stop working out for a moment just to laugh and rewind a bit. I think Paul was actually fishing for a "Technicality No Down Boo Over" but Scott didn't pick up on it... I also think Scott sounded a bit drunk or high or something in this episode, or maybe just full of joy; sometimes it's hard to tell the difference. I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in Scott as a host, but only for one specific reason: it's an audio show and he's never mentioned in the past that Alan Thicke is blue and his lower half is a trail of mist leading into a lamp. Really fucked that one up, Scott. At least now I have the full visual.

I didn't read through all of the comments so I'm sorry if this was already brought up, but did anybody else catch Ho-Ho's "like Outkast!" about "alright alright alright alright"? Lapkus threw in some amazing lines throughout the episode, but that has to be my favorite and it seemed like it went unnoticed by the room.

• Like 5

Haha I didn't catch that Outkast line but it killed me when PFT says "I'll never forget where I was" when John Lennon briefly died.

• Like 6

Congrats to Scott and all the CBB people for 6 years and thanks for all the entertaining content!

• Like 3

Fantastic ep. Hanford is insanely consistent on this show, and I agree that Middleditch would be a great regular guest.

My only complaint is Whitehead's character. What was she thinking?

It seems like the Wild Horses, except for Ms. Lapkus, have a hard time going solo. Whitehead especially flounders. Their characters always feel like they're waiting to be fed a line by one of the others in the group. Lapkus and Steph (on I4H) seem to really shine solo.

I dunno guys. I liked the Erin character. The fact she got several laughs out of me in a cast of genuine megastars of comedy podcasts is good going.

BUT NEIL CAMPBELL. I always think I finally have a definitive fave charac of his but ever single time he manages to top it. TIS IT??

Hoping John Lennon manages to remain reanimated for many Best Of calender years to come.

This was probably my favorite Neil character. I guess I'm not as high on him as most of the rest of you seem to be, I think hes good enough that he can save a weak episode with a first-timer that doesn't quite fit in with his odd character work. Also agree that Whitehead was a bit unnecessary here, just not the time for another child character without anything that interesting going on when there are heavyweights to share the mics with.

Was very happy to hear Tommy Middleditch in the room, I guess Scott and company have listened to the crowd chanting for encore performances from him. Honestly learning how talented he is as an actor and character man have made me that much more impressed with his work on Silicon Valley. Didnt know of him before seeing the show so at first my reaction was where did they find this perfect geek? Now I know that he's not that geek but a talented actor who created that geek

Lastly, no idea why but Paul F Tompkins Santa Claus is one of my favorite quick characs. I would love to hear his ep of Lauren's show be like a playboy-ish variety hour "with Bawdy Santa"

I love how Scott tagged the guests' puns with the Riddle Me This theme song. Killed me every time.

• Like 5

Now listening to this ep for a third ...time.

Forgot how much I loved Ho-Ho's exceedingly twisted: "Did he walk a boy into a shower?" :unsure:

• Like 3

I didn't read through all of the comments so I'm sorry if this was already brought up, but did anybody else catch Ho-Ho's "like Outkast!" about "alright alright alright alright"? Lapkus threw in some amazing lines throughout the episode, but that has to be my favorite and it seemed like it went unnoticed by the room.

Great line, Scott caught in like 15 seconds later but it was too late for the room.

• Like 1