🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ErsatzL'Faux

Naked Lunch (1991)

You must be talking about this naked lunch adult film.

Note: there was a picture of a laked lunch here, it wasn't a adult film. just some fat people having a drink in a pub. it was a joke. and if it offended anyone I am sorry.

Surely not the Classic David Cronenberg version.

or was this a request for the thank god this got made podcast.

one thing we did learn here today, is if you type Naked Lunch into google,

and then click pictures, you'll see it all.

Dangit, jarry, nobody needed to see that!

But yeah, it's one thing to talk about romantic comedies that don't acknowledge how disturbed the main character is or a video game adaptation that barely resembles the original source. But stuff like "Naked Lunch" is meant to be weird and bizarre; people trying to figure out what was going through the filmmakers' heads when they made it is what they were going for.

• Like 1

I love this movie was just have fun. You should've seen what I originally wanted to do.

I had this movie poster on my wall for the longest time. The Original version.

That's why I said it was a classic movie and it belongs on thank God it got made. Not how did this get made.

Going back to rubbing bug powder on my lips.

• Like 1

How did this get made? Psychedelics, lots and lots of psychedelics.

THIS BLESSING IS FOR SILLSTAW.

125gdh3.jpg

I would of posted this last night, but my interzone connection wasn't working.

This one of those movies you ether love it or hate it. or just find it's weird. after about the third time seeing this on cable in the 1980s I got it and really loved this movie. I love the line, "You know how Americans are, Kiki. They all love to travel, and then they only want to meet other Americans and talk about how hard it is to get a decent hamburger. "

it's got a lot of good one liners in it.

• Like 1

Let's also not forget that there are anus beetles in this movie.

To add to the bananas nature of this film, it's not actually a cinematic adaptation of the book, but a "heightened retelling" about how Naked Lunch was written.

To add to the bananas nature of this film, it's not actually a cinematic adaptation of the book, but a "heightened retelling" about how Naked Lunch was written.

Supposedly, David Cronenberg claimed that a faithful adaptation of the book would cost tens of millions of dollars, be four hours long and get banned in every country.

Supposedly, David Cronenberg claimed that a faithful adaptation of the book would cost tens of millions of dollars, be four hours long and get banned in every country.

Yeah, I think he made the right choice here.

I just watched this film again recently, and damn Peter Weller is amazing in it. Thank gawd he chose this part over RoboCop 3.

I mean it's Cronenberg doing Burroughs, of course you're going to get biotypewriters, alien jizz, and drug metaphors.

I've read "Cronenberg on Cronenberg"; the guy is smart, trusts his actors, and is a consummate professional, so that's probably how this got made.

Whenever someone brings up a movie like this I want to sarcastically suggest Jodorowsky's Holy Mountain, and then I remember that there is actually already a thread for Holy Mountain and get a little bit sad.

• Like 1

I love this movie, but others hate it and sometimes I'm asshamed to try to explain it to people. 
It may be a cult classic, (not sure) but I think most people haven't heard of it. It is so full of insanity and disturbing images.
Great actors, great director, great movie that normal people can't handle. Plot is hard to follow and most people just have to speculate on what it's trying to say.

Sign in to follow this