🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 82 — Neil Casey, Our Close Friend

When I first started listening I had no clue what was going on and was about as lost and confused as Adam Pally.

• Like 8

Even Pally seemed to be playing along (albeit in a different manner from what we've come to expect from most guests). His outbursts and frustration didn't seem genuine--I think he was just acting out his idea of how a guest *should* react.

• Like 4

Am I wrong or did Ellie Kemper kind of deny everything they were doing? Maybe in a cool way but I sort of felt like she wasn't in on it totally. Aubrey Plaza and Pauly Shore also seemed to not be in on it. Either way I have been enjoying a few rum drinks this evening, along with tomato soup so I may be out of it a little. I was reading a book about rum and I couldn't resist the temptation of a little tipple or two. Tipple is a real word, by the way (btw)

• Like 7

Am I wrong or did Ellie Kemper kind of deny everything they were doing? Maybe in a cool way but I sort of felt like she wasn't in on it totally. Aubrey Plaza and Pauly Shore also seemed to not be in on it. Either way I have been enjoying a few rum drinks this evening, along with tomato soup so I may be out of it a little. I was reading a book about rum and I couldn't resist the temptation of a little tipple or two. Tipple is a real word, by the way (btw)

no you're not wrong... i LOVE LOVE LOVE ellie kemper but her ep is my least fav HH ep ever... she gave off the vibe of like "ummm okayyyy??" *rolls eyes who are these weirdos haha amirite*, wouldn't improv and wouldn't roll with anything S+H were saying. not to get worked up over this or w/e. love her, but i was surprised at how bad she was considering her groundlings background?? maybe she was on her period that day HAHAHAHAHA YESSS UP HIGH

• Like 19

also i haven't posted in a while and it would seem that chanson has finally decided to be honest and change his profile location to vashon island, wa instead of his beloved seattle? good on you, chanson!

i recently moved to a rich suburb (i'm still broke as shit, don't worry) an exit up from the cool ass city i was living in and it took me like 2-3 months to come to terms with updating my facebook profile to match it, so i get it chanson, i get it B)

• Like 16

no you're not wrong... i LOVE LOVE LOVE ellie kemper but her ep is my least fav HH ep ever... she gave off the vibe of like "ummm okayyyy??" *rolls eyes who are these weirdos haha amirite*, wouldn't improv and wouldn't roll with anything S+H were saying. not to get worked up over this or w/e. love her, but i was surprised at how bad she was considering her groundlings background?? maybe she was on her period that day HAHAHAHAHA YESSS UP HIGH

Now you're speakin' my language! It was weird too given her improv-ish background. Yeah, that's def one of the episodes where I will re-listen to the S & H segment but not the guest. Unfortunately Dan Klein is in that category too..... too many 'likes'

• Like 1

Ohhh hell ya!!

12YOChE.jpg

Is this a joke?

Because I legitimately find this diagram to be interesting. Its relevance is questionable, but that's never been my forte either.

• Like 3

also i haven't posted in a while and it would seem that chanson has finally decided to be honest and change his profile location to vashon island, wa instead of his beloved seattle? good on you, chanson!

i recently moved to a rich suburb (i'm still broke as shit, don't worry) an exit up from the cool ass city i was living in and it took me like 2-3 months to come to terms with updating my facebook profile to match it, so i get it chanson, i get it B)

Vashon Island is objectively cooler than Seattle (much higher rates of parents objecting to having their kids vaccinated). I actually don't live there full time either. My living situation is complicated. Don't worry, I'm not homeless. Just when your parents are divorced you have a lot of options.

• Like 10

Is this a joke?

Because I legitimately find this diagram to be interesting. Its relevance is questionable, but that's never been my forte either.

I think it's f*cked up how easy it is to be considered clay but so hard to be sand

Makes you think . . .

• Like 17

Great episode. Great timing. Great Saturn ad.

I think Aubrey Plaza got 'it.'

• Like 3

I don't mean to brag, but I've been a member of the Pen15 club since like 5th grade.

• Like 5

I think it's f*cked up how easy it is to be considered clay but so hard to be sand

Makes you think . . .

Hey guys I'm back, I was catching up on the forums right before I went to bed (checking my likes) and when i read this it really struck a chord with me. So much so that I logged onto my account on my phone. We should all strive to be as unique and special as sand.

Jakal Out

• Like 9

you have the Stephen King's It factor

• Like 15

thats a compliment coming from me, i love horror novels

• Like 17

devscoots, you're on the forum a lot recently. Has some major change taken place in your life?

I work from home so am desperately glomming onto stuff to distract myself!

• Like 7

I have a theory that everyone who spends time on this forum is, in some way, a broken human being (in a fun, nonconformist way) who has too much time and too little self-esteem/gets some kind of bizarre enjoyment from hero-worshipping emotionally distant and abusive podcast hosts.

DISCLAIMER: Any attempts to prove me wrong will be taken as further proof that my theory is, in fact, correct by virtue of the fact that you have the time and desire to do so.

• Like 15

Have you tried Rubik's Cube?

• Like 5

I don't mean to brag, but I've been a member of the Pen15 club since like 5th grade.

Oh that's weird, that's the same time Bobby Schmurda started selling coke. Is Bobby Schmurda a good reference for this forum?

• Like 5