🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 82 — Neil Casey, Our Close Friend

Yeah there's one that runs from my window straight in to my heated towel closet.

It was quite expensive but sometimes you just have to treat yourself.

• Like 4

I'm apartment-hunting now so that's why I asked, thanks for the replies. Wondering if I can justify paying $800 + utils for a big-ass room in a duplex with a couple of Craigslist dudes in a sweet 'hood

• Like 2

really depends on your city. where are you?

• Like 1

really depends on your city. where are you?

Chicago. There are cheaper apartments, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't have some dealbreaker-level problem.

• Like 1

Chicago. There are cheaper apartments, but I can't seem to find one that doesn't have some dealbreaker-level problem.

I would not pay that much in Chicago, no. What neighborhood do you live in/want to live in?

• Like 1

Went to old Google Images looking for a fun 'Pen15 tattoo' joke.... that is a weird ass collection of search results. Lots of Adam Levine, a Jake the Snake Roberts, tattooed guys with kids, the serenity prayer and some Obama/Illuminati pic.

This happened and I thought it would bring you as much joy as it brought me:

jdizlTc.jpg?1

• Like 8

I wish I could pay that little. Been apartment searching myself and every one bedroom place that's a step above a tenement is $1200/mo. That price makes it really hard for me to leave my current situation which is pretty cush. Check this out, my land lords make me dinner every night and I pay them in love. Its gonna be hard to find a better deal than that.

• Like 10

I wish I could pay that little. Been apartment searching myself and every one bedroom place that's a step above a tenement is $1200/mo. That price makes it really hard for me to leave my current situation which is pretty cush. Check this out, my land lords make me dinner every night and I pay them in love. Its gonna be hard to find a better deal than that.

Apartment hunting sucks, anything I've found that's halfway decent and close enough to work is at least $1400/month, but I'm starting to get less picky since the hour and a half commute I have now is killing me.

• Like 2

I'm in the same boat, minus the dinner element. Forcing myself to move out because of the shame-albatross around my neck at all times

• Like 1

I'm living in student accommodation for £380/mo which is $580, but we get pretty much scammed by the landlords here since there's a shortage of student housing, most people wouldn't pay that kind of cash. Moving in July and will get a better deal ($445). Speaking of being a student, I'm posting so much more than usual because I've got exams coming up and am putting off doing work by going on the forums, anyone on here do Physics to degree level and got tips/is one of my lecturers and is willing to give me the answers?

• Like 2

how much is everyone's car payment?

• Like 7

this is getting dangerously close to What's Your Deductible, Bro? territory

...and I LOVE it

• Like 14

Ah, OK, so MusicalGuest, it seems like maybe you just haven't dealt with rent before? Let's think about this. Let's say you're taking home $1500 a month (though realistically that's probably a little high.) You spend $800 on rent. That leaves you with $700/month for utilities (and heat will get expensive in the winter), food, entertainment, do you have student loans? don't forget about those, transportation, any emergencies that pop up, payments on the Pro Version, etc. For me, that would not be enough. In fact, if I plug in my own numbers for utilities, loans, transportation, and groceries, that leaves me at about $200 a month ($50 a week) for all non-necessities, including meals out, drinks with friends, clothes, tickets to events, toiletries, etc. I would not do that. Especially considering that my friends who live in nicer/cooler areas of the south side pay $3-500 in rent, and my friends that live in cool-ish areas on the north side pay $600-650. (In Chicago, to be clear.)

I'm sure you've heard the rule about spending no more than 30% of your income on rent. I think in some situations that's not possible, or it's not preferable, and it's fine to spend more. But if >50% of what you're taking home is going to rent, that is probably going to be a problem.

• Like 9

Hey guys, FKA Nicolas Rage here, decided to rebrand because Nicolas Cage jokes are hacky as fuck and I just saw Sideways and what a great film about wine! Fuck Million Dollar Baby and that philistine Clint Eastwood. Peace

Alexander Payne is a genius. People are kinda pretentious about wine? That's the kind of razor sharp satire that gets you the Adapted Screenplay Oscar whenever you fuckin want it

I don't know if you are being ironic or not, but Sideways is an awesome movie and Million Dollar Baby is even better.

• Like 4

Holy shit rent in Chicago is cheap. I live in a decent one bedroom apartment and it is $954 a month. Although water, energy, Internet, and cable are included.

• Like 3

We should all chip in and buy a house together, then we can film it and make the worlds first internet reality show, then Sean and Hayes could start a podcast discussing our debauchery.

Edit: The twist for the show could be that we can only talk to each other via the forums.

• Like 13

Anyone ever had their cat run away? My cat's been missing since Monday. Checked the shelters and she wasn't there. This sucks. Sry 4 not funny

• Like 8

Anyone ever had their cat run away? My cat's been missing since Monday. Checked the shelters and she wasn't there. This sucks. Sry 4 not funny

When I was a child my cat ran away and showed up back on my deck one morning. It was never an outside cat or anything either. So maybe that will happen for you if you have a deck

• Like 13

I'm sure you've heard the rule about spending no more than 30% of your income on rent. I think in some situations that's not possible, or it's not preferable, and it's fine to spend more. But if >50% of what you're taking home is going to rent, that is probably going to be a problem.

Thanks... I have rented apartments before, but yeah, your logic is sound. I have a decent "buffer" in the bank, but I can't dip into that forever

• Like 3

jeez you guys are lucky. I'm paying almost 1200 and I have a roomate

• Like 3