🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
justinmh05

Comedy Bang Bang TV show renewed for 2016

Wonder why it's a reduced order. I really like the fact the show's on every week this year, even though my being glued to the sofa Friday's at 11pm may not necessarily be the best thing for my social life.

I'm getting the impression a big reason for the super-sized order this year was so they'd have a 90 episode total to syndicate/program constantly as filler time between movies and all-new Marons. 88's the magic number that makes reruns profitable for some reason, so that might explain it.

Congratulations that's great news! The show has been on fire this season giving us grepisodes every week, thankfully it will continue to do that next year.

Wonder why it's a reduced order. I really like the fact the show's on every week this year, even though my being glued to the sofa Friday's at 11pm may not necessarily be the best thing for my social life.

I'm getting the impression a big reason for the super-sized order this year was so they'd have a 90 episode total to syndicate/program constantly as filler time between movies and all-new Marons. 88's the magic number that makes reruns profitable for some reason, so that might explain it.

I'm just guessing (what do I know), but I think it might be because Scott; doing "only" 20 episodes frees him to do other stuff and maybe take some time off from time to time. I feel like he has told in multiple interviews/sources how much work the 40 episode order has been (doing 15 hour days etc.) plus to think the amount of podcasts and other stuff he has been doing this year (like the Bob and David stuff).

IFC's feedback page is broken, so you can contact them at ifcfeedback@ifc.com if you want to voice your support for the show.

I told them I typically watch each ep when it airs, and at least one or two more times the following week, so I should count for ratings x3.

this is awesome news. I personally like the 20 episode seasons because maybe Scott will do more live shows :) plus there is so much other content out there i need to watch. CBB is always top o the list though.

I just redid my cable package though so I no longer have IFC (jerks raised my bill like 25 bucks) so I'll have to wait for dvd :(

As much as I love the CBB podcast, I just can't seem to get into the TV show. It is the difference in Scott's personas on each medium that makes a huge difference in the show quality (at least for me). Even when the guests on the podcast aren't my favorite or the characters aren't particularly killing, you can count on Scott's "over-the-top podcast host" character to make me laugh. Scott seems to play his character on the show much more straight, and the interactions with Reggie/bits they do throughout the show don't land the same way. With that being said, I've heard that the show has improved since the last time I've watched (I stopped after the first few seasons)

Sign in to follow this