🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 231 — Slow Dance Party

I generally love the Earwolf forums, but there are times when it begins to smell like every other internet podcast forum (where there is plenty of hate and disgust for the Earwolf hosts and guests we all love under the guise of, "Hey, it's just my opinion, man!")

I guess I'm just old enough to have learned that pouring energy into something you don't like does not lead to anything good, but, "Hey, it's just my opinion, man!"

• Like 10

I generally love the Earwolf forums, but there are times when it begins to smell like every other internet podcast forum (where there is plenty of hate and disgust for the Earwolf hosts and guests we all love under the guise of, "Hey, it's just my opinion, man!")

I guess I'm just old enough to have learned that pouring energy into something you don't like does not lead to anything good, but, "Hey, it's just my opinion, man!"

So you like the forums when it's all fluff and circle-jerking but can't deal when negative opinions are floating around? Welcome to the Internet, I guess.

• Like 3

So you like the forums when it's all fluff and circle-jerking but can't deal when negative opinions are floating around? Welcome to the Internet, I guess.

It's not about fluff and circle-jerking, it's about shared joy and creativity. Toxicity is a real drain on moral.

• Like 11

If you don't like negativity, I would advise against going to the earwolf subreddit.

• Like 2

You should tell June, Jason, and Paul that. Their whole podcast is about tearing into movies they believe are shitty and it's led to very, very good bits of comedy.

Armen is the "Tiptoes" of Earwolf. I, and others, will make fun. If you don't like it, don't read it.

• Like 4

There's a difference between criticism and being a straight up fucking asshole to someone.

• Like 15

paul jason and june are funny tho. maybe u guys are funny too but i havent found a joke in any of your opinions about armen.

i like him. he brings a new flavor to the show.

you go Armen. let the haters be your escalators to success

• Like 9

You should tell June, Jason, and Paul that. Their whole podcast is about tearing into movies they believe are shitty and it's led to very, very good bits of comedy.

Armen is the "Tiptoes" of Earwolf. I, and others, will make fun. If you don't like it, don't read it.

Yeah, i loved that episode where PJ+J just said 'Tiptoes sucks' into a microphone over and over for an hour.

PS, People should really stop saying "I hate to say this, but _____" because you don't hate to say it. You love to state that something is bad, as though your opinion is objectively factual and relevant. Kulap will have her friend on her show if she wants, and as it's been pointed out, it's so so easy to just not listen if you don't like it.

It wouldn't be so annoying for people to bitch about the guests they don't like if it was an exception, but it's basically every episode of everything.

• Like 10

Armen is great. He's very funny and I love hearing his rapport with Kulap. I loved him on Burning Love. Very funny show.

I think the fact that so many people, like Shariq Torres, are spending so much time hating on him is insane. You definitely don't get it so move along to something you do get. And stop spewing out all this negativity.

June is also wonderful. She cracks me up.

• Like 10

i love armen!!!!

(trying to raise the positive to negative ratio in here)

• Like 11

in roles like this Armen is a human crumple zone, and I swear to god I mean that as a compliment. it's so good

• Like 2

There's a difference between criticism and being a straight up fucking asshole to someone.

A difference only in your mind.

• Like 1

Yeah, i loved that episode where PJ+J just said 'Tiptoes sucks' into a microphone over and over for an hour.

PS, People should really stop saying "I hate to say this, but _____" because you don't hate to say it. You love to state that something is bad, as though your opinion is objectively factual and relevant. Kulap will have her friend on her show if she wants, and as it's been pointed out, it's so so easy to just not listen if you don't like it.

It wouldn't be so annoying for people to bitch about the guests they don't like if it was an exception, but it's basically every episode of everything.

Because that's EXACTLY what everyone is doing! We're just writing "Armen sucks" ala Jack Nicholson in The Shining. Just over and over again.

Armen is great. He's very funny and I love hearing his rapport with Kulap. I loved him on Burning Love. Very funny show.

I think the fact that so many people, like Shariq Torres, are spending so much time hating on him is insane. You definitely don't get it so move along to something you do get. And stop spewing out all this negativity.

June is also wonderful. She cracks me up.

It is the height of insanity to not agree with your opinions.

That's rich.

Look in the end it's a free podcast that is consistently pretty funny, it takes less energy to move on for a week when, say, there's a guest host you don't like, than to channel your energy into being negative. I'm totally guilty of this, moving on always feels better

• Like 4

Look in the end it's a free podcast that is consistently pretty funny, it takes less energy to move on for a week when, say, there's a guest host you don't like, than to channel your energy into being negative. I'm totally guilty of this, moving on always feels better

It takes even less to skip over a comment. No one has to respond.

• Like 1

Guys, forums are for baseless optimism and sweetness regardless of ones opinion or true feelings

It is not a place to share your opinions on the show, it is a place to say you loved something, pretend you loved something or hide your feelings, and nothing more, ever

• Like 5

Perhaps it's more of missing Howard than hating Armen.

and yeah that photo looks so shopped, it's a strange optical illusion since she's wearing the coat over her shoulders.

• Like 1