🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 231 — Slow Dance Party

If you loved Armen in this week's Who Charted...

Get excited for his upcoming appearance on Hollywood Handbook!

ARMEN.jpg

• Like 6

I think a lot of the defense for Armen recently comes from people personally attacking him. It's cool if you don't like him or don't find him funny, I don't think anyone would begrudge you for that. However, there's a stark difference between legitimate criticism and taking pot shots at his upbringing and other aspects of his personality. There are a handful of Earwolf favorites that I really don't find particularly funny or entertaining but, different strokes for different folks, and I won't take away from another person's enjoyment because *I* personally have a problem with said guest.

Yes, Armen comes from a wealthy family and yes, it certainly helped him getting into show business, no doubt. That being said, it's not like Armen is a talentless hack who exploits himself via his family's position a la the Kardashians or Paris Hilton. Armen didn't just fake his way through the UCB. Considering the fact that he has been under the tutelage of Matt Besser himself, speaks volumes. Besser, as it's well known, tells it like it is and he has, on multiple occasions, come to the defense of Armen saying that he is a talented performer and comedian. I'm not even that big of a fan of Armen but the dude has got chops and can hold his own in an improv and comedy setting.

You don't have to like him. You don't have to think he's funny. But you also don't have to take cheap shots at his personal life

tl;dr - Don't be a dick

• Like 15

So you like the forums when it's all fluff and circle-jerking but can't deal when negative opinions are floating around? Welcome to the Internet, I guess.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. I love a good old fashioned circle jerk (especially when it contains all fluff), and have been trying to work very hard at my lack of ability to deal when not circle jerking or circle jerking with smaller percentages of fluff. It's an ongoing process.

• Like 6

This episode proves my theory that June Diane should do a podcast with Paul talking about Star Wars. The watching star wars for the first time podcast. that and maybe a video game review show. That is money in the bank people.!

direct deposit.

We miss you june on how did this get made.

• Like 1

If you loved Armen in this week's Who Charted...

Get excited for his upcoming appearance on Hollywood Handbook!

ARMEN.jpg

As an HH fan I'll be checking it out. Hopefully Armen will shed his infuriating meek, self-pitying schtick and get facetious like guests are supposed to be.

For those who miss Howard, he still wanted to put something out and tell people what's happened this week, so he sent this to me to upload to Soundcloud for him (??). It's him attempting to record himself from Dragon Manor, and it's great. Consider it a bonus chart.

https://soundcloud.c...emer/hey-gang-1

• Like 18

Sick Burn.

Is this an episode of Sick Burns?!

• Like 2

I didn't know people genuinely disliked Armen

• Like 1

I have this method where if I don't like something that's free and that people put effort in for no pay then I just get on with my day and maybe listen to something I do like instead, because my opinion isn't that important especially when it comes to things I don't like and others do and that thing is free. The best outcome is they continue to like thing I don't like and I partake in other things that aren't the thing I don't like because either way it doesn't cost me anything.

• Like 1

I always enjoy Armen on the p-casts, he rules! :):D:):D:)

• Like 2

For those who miss Howard, he still wanted to put something out and tell people what's happened this week, so he sent this to me to upload to Soundcloud for him (??). It's him attempting to record himself from Dragon Manor, and it's great. Consider it a bonus chart.

Thanks Cody!!!

• Like 2

Yeah dude the fuckin' orwellian thought police are here and crushing dissent. It's definitely not fans on a fan forum pushing back and calling people out who are being rude.

If you want to express your opinion brusquely, you had better be prepared to have people disagree with you with equal sharpness. That's life, friends.

But the problem isnt people sharing negative opinions and the white knights saying I disagree with your opinion because _______ and then the negative opinion havers being butthurt about it...

its people sharing negative opinions and the white knights saying their opinions are wrong, baseless, have no place on a forum, etc. its absurd, if you dont agree, say why and move on

This was my first Armen-cast, but I was warned to not bother listening to his episodes by someone who referred me. This was nothing compared to a Howard episode, but it still had its moments. I'm not on the Armen is useless and should die team, but I'm never on the "STOP BEING NEGATIVE LETS ALL BE HAPPY FRIENDS AND QUOTE OUR FAVORITE LINES!!!!!" side of the comment thread

• Like 4

YES!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Cody!!!

Calling Stard by Engineer Cody Cody's name? *That* is a sick burn.

• Like 2

Armen's schtick is good in the sense that it's a well-defined character and can be funny contrasted against others (Besser, Scott). Contextualize the gimmick like in the Whiplash I4H as a character who is growing and it works great. The problem is it frequently requires Armen to be the center of attention when June was supposed to be the focus in this ep (and she was still awesome), even Kulap called out that Armen is meant to host and not be the guest. Save it for Twooch.

Just so you all know, your hero, Armen, has joined the conversation.

Say hello, Armen!

11ifwnt.jpg

But if this poster actually was him, that's pretty awful.

• Like 1

The problem is it frequently requires Armen to be the center of attention when June was supposed to be the focus in this ep (and she was still awesome), even Kulap called out that Armen is meant to host and not be the guest.

Well said. At some point in his last run, it occurred to me that my problem isn't with Armen being Armen so much as with every show turning into a commentary on the extent to which Armen is Armen.

• Like 1

With the sounds in the background, I couldn't help but compare this to Brody's Festival of Friendship podcast.

Kremer, 818 till he dies! :)

I was unfamiliar with Armen before this ep, and I kind of dreaded what seemed like it was going to be an hour of self-loathing, but he actually did grow on me throughout the show. I do have to agree that he did kind of steal the attention when the show was really supposed to be about June.

You da best Brett!

I love the idea of a weekly Hey Gang! Just Howard rambling about anything and everything.

It's a free podcast; its's an open forum. The only people who are worked up are the people who are rushing to defend Armen's lack of talent.

And what you're suggesting runs afoul of the Supreme Laws Of Earwolf Forums. We are actually not allowed to say anything that can be construed as being "negative" or else we're "assholes" full of "hate".

Stop being such an insufferable cunt.

• Like 7

I only skipped through this episode, but somehow I heard the entire "motherly" segment. Oh boy. June is gorgeous. Nothing motherly at all about her, other than she actually has a child. Paul is a very lucky man. As a huge fan of Who Charted, I personally can't make it through an episode with Armen. I guess chalk it up to missing Howard. Oh well, there's always Twooch and next weeks ep.