🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 231 — Slow Dance Party

I do have to agree that he did kind of steal the attention when the show was really supposed to be about June.

If Kulap is good friends with him, Armen must be a nice person, and he's probably great at whatever he does when he's not hosting WC. He just isn't a very good show host. And hogging the show is part of that. The Eeyore persona is only so irritating because he can't get out of the way and have an actual conversation with and about the other peeps! I think the show usually tries to have a guy sub in for Howard, but maybe another friend of Kulap's - a lady, perhaps? - would be cool as well.

Also, I know society considers "motherly" to be an insult, and that makes me sad. Mothers rock!

• Like 2

If Kulap is good friends with him, Armen must be a nice person, and he's probably great at whatever he does when he's not hosting WC. He just isn't a very good show host. And hogging the show is part of that. The Eeyore persona is only so irritating because he can't get out of the way and have an actual conversation with and about the other peeps! I think the show usually tries to have a guy sub in for Howard, but maybe another friend of Kulap's - a lady, perhaps? - would be cool as well.

Also, I know society considers "motherly" to be an insult, and that makes me sad. Mothers rock!

I know they are busier than Armen (I hope so at least), but your point is great and made me think of June or Casey Wilson who would both make an awesome Whoch co-host

• Like 1

Now I remember why I rarely visit the forums.

Aww, poor dear :*-(

• Like 1

These people are amazing. Someone having the nerve to have a different opinion than them and express it, makes them SOOOOO SAD!! You would think they were talking about 9/11.

Listen, your lives will go on. Armen's life will go on. Kulap's life will go on.

QB78LMb32YqoE.gif

• Like 1

These people are amazing. Someone having the nerve to have a different opinion than them and express it, makes them SOOOOO SAD!! You would think they were talking about 9/11.

Listen, your lives will go on. Armen's life will go on. Kulap's life will go on.

You've been expressing 1 opinion continuously for 7 pages of comments now.

You're being extremely irritating.

Did Armen actually do anything to you? Like I just don't understand this at all at this point.

• Like 2

PS If I burned down your house and cut your legs off and killed your mom your life would still go on.

"_____'s life will go on" isn't an argument for doing something annoying/crappy/rude/whatever.

It would be nice if the actual forum run by Earwolf for their shows could be less like a bitchy Reddit forum in any way possible. The internet isn't exactly short on places to "voice your opinion" if you have to find new unfunny ways to rag on something over and over and over.

• Like 2

I know they are busier than Armen (I hope so at least), but your point is great and made me think of June or Casey Wilson who would both make an awesome Whoch co-host

Jessica St. Claire would be good. Kulap and her are friends as well.

PS If I burned down your house and cut your legs off and killed your mom your life would still go on.

"_____'s life will go on" isn't an argument for doing something annoying/crappy/rude/whatever.

Someone saying they didn't find Armen funny is the EQUIVALENT as the loss of a loved one to you, then? You need help, my friend.

Edited by Shariq Torres

My point wasn't that I don't like people expressing their opinions. I am ambivalent about this episode and Armen. My point was that there are alot of people who seem to enjoy being jerks to each other, instead of just saying their piece and leaving it at that.

*edited to add: I enjoy arguing on the internet as much as the next guy, but I'd rather do it about something better than a totally subjective subject like whether or not some rich guy is funny.

• Like 1

Someone saying they didn't find Armen funny is the EQUIVALENT as the loss of a loved one to you, then? You need help, my friend.

Nope, pretty obviously an extreme example.

• Like 1

Just had to poke my head in to say that I always look forward to Armen appearances, but he deserves a trip to Besser's office for that motherly comment.

I was playing video games while June said that there's nothing less attractive than a man playing video games.

Armen provides outstanding anti-comedy. He's the most inarticulate person I've ever heard; to have him be the host of a podcast is pure hilarity. I love it.

• Like 4

Armen and June were a delight. :) Wonderful episode and I can't wait to listen to the Two Charted!

On a less cheerful note, I wonder how miserable you have to be to listen to something over an hour long that you hate only to then spend time saying really hurtful and awful things publicly about the people who made it, essentially in hopes that those real people will read it.

I've defended the right to criticize on these forums before, but as someone said earlier there is a clear difference between that and just being a douche. It's unacceptable that you're supposed inability to cope with an episode of a podcast that wasn't what you were hoping for be an excuse either.

And I think one pretty obvious account on here should probably be banned.

• Like 1

Considering that Armen's money comes from his dad being Micheal Jackson's lawyer, we probably shouldn't talk about it. Alot of hushed up molestation claims paid for his lifestyle.

So you feel free to be a terrible person to him because of that enormous assumption, which even if it were true, would not define somebody. Right. You have it all figured out. There's no way you thrive on drama and getting people angry at you. No way at all.

Nope, pretty obviously an extreme example.

And you feel that this extreme example is somehow relevant to this -- the most mundane of mundane examples -- why? They must be equivalent in your mind or else you wouldn't have brought it up. What sense would it make to bring up an extreme example and apply a solution that is only meant for mundane examples? It would be obvious that the extreme example is treated differently, wouldn't it? Well, that would be obvious to people who didn't equate saying someone is not funny to murdered family members...

But you're not one of those people.

• Like 1

So you feel free to be a terrible person to him because of that enormous assumption, which even if it were true, would not define somebody. Right. You have it all figured out. There's no way you thrive on drama and getting people angry at you. No way at all.

A "terrible" person? I said he wasn't funny and is a rich, pampered guy. David Thomas equated these statements with murdered family members. Are you equating them to dropping the atomic bomb on Hiroshima?

As for the second part of your statement. I just said I was here for June and that Armen sucks. I'm not in charge of other people's emotions. If having a different opinion about Armen makes them angry, then that's their problem.

I posted this on the Twooch thread but it bears repeating here as well:

I am not a fan of Armen for reasons that have been stated already ad nauseam. In fact in a twooch he did a while back the forum comment that affected him so bad was mine (Armen is the epitome of first world problems), he called me User #8 which was actually a pretty great bit. Having said that when I saw his name on this week's Whooch I was kinda bummed out, again not a huge fan, but then I saw June was the guest and knew I had to listen to it. And you know what, I liked it. Something about how June and Kulap handled him was pretty great, even if I didn't care about his faux bumblecore hysterics- but he seemed to have eased up on it. Either way I knew that the forum was going to blow up about this so I decided not to even partake on it. Just adding kindling to a ridiculous fire. But I could hear Armen was hurt about something, a definite pain in his voice.

I decided to listen to Twooch today and was blown away. This was a very serious episode, that had its share of laughs sure but was about two friends who had lost someone extremely dear to both of them. There was no shtick. Armen spoke eloquently and so fucking earnestly and whenever he mumbled or trailed off it wasn't a bit or anything or trying to be a comedic persona, he was genuinely at a loss of words. This is something you can't ever be prepared to talk about. His hurt is very very real and I for one am thankful that he was strong enough to be able to talk about his loss with Kulap in this public form. I hope in some way this can help heal a wound that will never ever be fully healed.

Again, I wasn't going to post anything but today while at work one of the customers I was ringing up had a Bridgtetown Comedy Fest shirt and I asked him about it and what comedians he was into and we both started geeking out about the LA comedy scene and Earworlf, and we got to Harris and we both had the same thing to say- as someone we've never or will ever meet, his passing deeply affect us. He was just such a effortlessly charming person who was completly himself. We then talked about Whooch and he said how he was in fact an Armen fan, but could see why Armen got so much chagrin from listeners, but that this episode had him floored. On the sales floor at my store me and this stranger both got very glassy eyed for a moment. He shook my hand and we said good bye.

Thank you Armen and Kulap, this episode meant so much to me. Harris was so blessed to have such incredibly loving people in his life. I'm happy that we're allowed this insight into your lives albeit briefly to help us, and more importantly yourself, heal and grow and reflect on the experience and ifnluence Harris had on all of his friends and fans.

Harris, we miss you bud.

• Like 1

I wasn't sure if I could trust BatAffleck's assessment, but then he liked his own post and I knew we were in good hands.

• Like 3

I think a lot of the defense for Armen recently comes from people personally attacking him. It's cool if you don't like him or don't find him funny, I don't think anyone would begrudge you for that. However, there's a stark difference between legitimate criticism and taking pot shots at his upbringing and other aspects of his personality. There are a handful of Earwolf favorites that I really don't find particularly funny or entertaining but, different strokes for different folks, and I won't take away from another person's enjoyment because *I* personally have a problem with said guest.

Nailed it. Finally finished this episode and enjoyed it but i do enjoy armen. it's funny how people take things though, after reading about the motherly and taking Paul's place comments on the board i was expecting something much more rude or whatever but it's obvious everyone here are really good friends.

Soo this forum is awful, but I just came here to say that I saw on IMDB that it's Kulaps bday. Happy Birthday Kulap! You're a nice lady and your show is good and funny.

• Like 4

Soo this forum is awful, but I just came here to say that I saw on IMDB that it's Kulaps bday. Happy Birthday Kulap! You're a nice lady and your show is good and funny.

hey man, we aren't all assholes!

Alt title for ep; BIG DANCING MAN

I don't care what anyone says - Armen fucking rules!

• Like 1

If only there were a comedy version of this show that made people laugh instead of vomit the contents of their shit brains out here. Oh well.

• Like 1

Glad we could have such pleasant discourse among a lively cast of characters on the subject of a free comedy podcast. Yet another beautiful thread here on ear wolf dot com

Also I think it would be wonderful to have June on as a guest host sometime. We don't get enough of her on HDTGM as of late and just imagine the fun gab sesh that would be that weeks TwoCh

• Like 1