🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 186 — Waxahatchee and the Beige River

Singer-songwriter Katie Crutchfield of Waxahatchee joins Seth Morris, Pamela Murphy, Jeff Hiller, and Matt Besser for a musical episode of improv4humans! We’ll hear Katie play some songs that will inspire scenes about whether you should hang out with the person you just broke up with, using too many pauses while speaking as a way of seduction, and mentioning your hometown in the lyrics of a song. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Waxahatchee’s music over at www.waxahatcheemusic.com!

Fuck yes I love her music

• Like 1

So excited for this, Ivy Tripp is a great album and has been in my car stereo for the last month solid

Thanks for the link above!!! I was freaking out sitting here at work, thinking my day was ruined from the start because I couldn't listen to I4H! Thanks!

Great episode. Been meaning to check out Waxahatchee for a while.

Matt, I don't know if you're a fan or if it's in the realm of possibility, but you should try to get Courtney Barnett on for a musical episode. She's uses great specificity in her lyrics which would work well for scene inspiration

• Like 1

I really think Andrew Jackson Jihad would be a perfect fit for this podcast. Their lyrics will give the improvisers A LOT to talk about.

• Like 4

Downloads should be working now!

• Like 2

Did you have her lined up already? We only asked for her like 3 or 4 weeks ago. Awesome.

Hey Matt, I noticed Ben Folds is gonna be in L.A. at the end of June for his tour -- I think he'd be a great musical guest if you're into it. There's usually a lot going on in his songs and he's got some great stories as well. Plus he's also appeared on Nerdist a couple times and Earwolf too, so you know he's down with the podcastin'.

• Like 3

It took me about 5 minutes to recover from "...you're parents are both furniture." Nose had to be blown, water needed to be drank.

• Like 1

hey u2 is going to be on tour in LA in may you should get them on

• Like 2

That seems pretty ambitious. I doubt Besser has that kind of pull, no offense.

"What're you, Sisyphus?!"

This got me REAL good. I made a commotion at my place of work.

• Like 2

"Are those foot-longs? I can't tell, perspective-wise."

• Like 2

Mick and Keith did WTF and the Stones are going to be in LA. Why in the world not get them too?

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this