🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 231.5 — 5/08/15 TWO CHARTED 170

This podcast made me feel human in the best possible way.

I respect both of you, Armen and Kulap, for your bravey and honesty.

Thank you for reminding me I'm alive and that this is a wonderful gift.

• Like 2

Reading comprehension isn't the problem. It's not the sentiment of enjoying this episode that is annoying, it's the insistence of letting it be known that this is the only instance of Armen's presence that you find acceptable. Calling someone "insufferable" and then saying that you usually loath that person, while in defense of your first comment, is reprehensible behavior when it's in reference to a situation in which the person in question is publicly expressing their feelings over the recent and untimely death of a very close friend of theirs. Saying "Didn't you see that I said something nice?" suggests that you're kind of just being an ass-hole in sheep's clothing. Perhaps you truly didn't mean any offence by your comment, but even if that's the case, you can't honestly say you find no reason that anybody would find it questionable. If you can, however, then you may be living with Asperger's or something, in which case I extend a full apology for the "ass-hole" comment.

Sweet paragraph. It's adorable how hard you guys defend a Hollywood trustfund baby you don't even know. Are you sure you're not projecting about the Aspergers thing?

Who cares where he came from? This guy, whether you like him or not, just lost his best friend in a real horrible way. How can you not just chill out and have some basic sympathy for a fellow human?

This was a great episode and I'm glad to hear these guys commiserate and talk about Harris, whom I only know through podcasts and Parks and Recreation, but still took his death pretty hard for whatever reasons. Thank you Kulap and Armen!

• Like 3

Who cares where he came from? This guy, whether you like him or not, just lost his best friend in a real horrible way. How can you not just chill out and have some basic sympathy for a fellow human?

This was a great episode and I'm glad to hear these guys commiserate and talk about Harris, whom I only know through podcasts and Parks and Recreation, but still took his death pretty hard for whatever reasons. Thank you Kulap and Armen!

I was explicitly sympathetic - empathetic even - in my first post in this thread.

I'm simply amused and fascinated by the Circle Jerk Fluff Squad. They act like I ran over their dog or something. This forum was built for listeners to share their reactions to podcasts, and that's exactly what I'm doing. I can't imagine how these people deal with real adversity in their real lives.

Asperger's wasn't meant as an insult. I'd just hate to be accusatory of somebody who has an honest excuse to be apathetic. People with the condition tend to have trouble understanding social cues that seem obvious to most people. For example: expressing appreciation, along with an insult, and then being confused at why anyone would question their behavior. Like saying "That shirt looks good on your ugly body. Plus, your friend just died." See, the fact that the opinion coincides with the subject matter makes the situation much worse. Nobody really cares that you don't like Armen, but the context makes you seem like a bad person.

• Like 1

Asperger's wasn't meant as an insult. I'd just hate to be accusatory of somebody who has an honest excuse to be apathetic. People with the condition tend to have trouble understanding social cues that seem obvious to most people. For example: expressing appreciation, along with an insult, and then being confused at why anyone would question their behavior. Like saying "That shirt looks good on your ugly body. Plus, your friend just died." See, the fact that the opinion coincides with the subject matter makes the situation much worse. Nobody really cares that you don't like Armen, but the context makes you seem like a bad person.

Seems like you care a whole lot, friend.

Maybe I'm just different than some people, but I just don't want anyone's feelings hurt. I find it really hard to get mad at someone unless they're doing something legitimately malicious, but I guess our brains are just different.

• Like 2

I am not a fan of Armen for reasons that have been stated already ad nauseam. In fact in a twooch he did a while back the forum comment that affected him so bad was mine (Armen is the epitome of first world problems), he called me User #8 which was actually a pretty great bit. Having said that when I saw his name on this week's Whooch I was kinda bummed out, again not a huge fan, but then I saw June was the guest and knew I had to listen to it. And you know what, I liked it. Something about how June and Kulap handled him was pretty great, even if I didn't care about his faux bumblecore hysterics- but he seemed to have eased up on it. Either way I knew that the forum was going to blow up about this so I decided not to even partake on it. Just adding kindling to a ridiculous fire. But I could hear Armen was hurt about something, a definite pain in his voice.

I decided to listen to Twooch today and was blown away. This was a very serious episode, that had its share of laughs sure but was about two friends who had lost someone extremely dear to both of them. There was no shtick. Armen spoke eloquently and so fucking earnestly and whenever he mumbled or trailed off it wasn't a bit or anything or trying to be a comedic persona, he was genuinely at a loss of words. This is something you can't ever be prepared to talk about. His hurt is very very real and I for one am thankful that he was strong enough to be able to talk about his loss with Kulap in this public form. I hope in some way this can help heal a wound that will never ever be fully healed.

Again, I wasn't going to post anything but today while at work one of the customers I was ringing up had a Bridgtetown Comedy Fest shirt and I asked him about it and what comedians he was into and we both started geeking out about the LA comedy scene and Earworlf, and we got to Harris and we both had the same thing to say- as someone we've never or will ever meet, his passing deeply affect us. He was just such a effortlessly charming person who was completly himself. We then talked about Whooch and he said how he was in fact an Armen fan, but could see why Armen got so much chagrin from listeners, but that this episode had him floored. On the sales floor at my store me and this stranger both got very glassy eyed for a moment. He shook my hand and we said good bye.

Thank you Armen and Kulap, this episode meant so much to me. Harris was so blessed to have such incredibly loving people in his life. I'm happy that we're allowed this insight into your lives albeit briefly to help us, and more importantly yourself, heal and grow and reflect on the experience and ifnluence Harris had on all of his friends and fans.

Harris, we miss you bud.

• Like 7

Only like 12 minutes into this, but I'm glad you made this show, and thanks for it. I am also weirded out by how affecting that Wiz Khalifa song is.

• Like 1

Nah, I'll continue discussing podcasts on a podcast discussion forum, thanks. Quit being so sensitive.

Letting it go for this ONE EPISODE would have been so easy and so appreciated by many.

Letting it go for this ONE EPISODE would have been so easy and so appreciated by many.

I did. White Knight Krew proceeded to jump all over my nethers anyway. Reread my first post, bud.

The single worst thing about this forum is when people who advocate basic decency are derisively called "white knights" and are accused of infringing on the inalienable Internet right to be an asshole.

• Like 8

The single worst thing about this forum is when people who advocate basic decency are derisively called "white knights" and are accused of infringing on the inalienable Internet right to be an asshole.

The white-knightery is people attacking me in this thread for things I said in a completely different thread, AFTER only saying positive things about this Twooch.

The white-knightery is people attacking me in this thread for things I said in a completely different thread, AFTER only saying positive things about this Twooch.

I don't think anyone misread the text of what you said. The issue is what you actually communicated. You seem to believe that following up something shitty with something tepidly positive cancels out the negative sentiment. Other people are letting you know that that's not actually how it works. Ultimately you still felt it necessary to communicate that you don't really like Armen, and on the episode about his friends death, it would have made more sense* to just keep that part to yourself.

(*Sometimes it's okay to consider how other people might feel about what you write, instead of purely considering your right to write to it. This is definitely one of those times. Read the room, as they say.)

EDIT: But then, you already know all this. Your only argument against that is to circle back to things you don't like about Armen. So you're obviously being a troll for some sort of self-satisfaction. But... really? Here? On an Earwolf podcast forum, and on THIS episode? That's just so sad.

• Like 1

You people are precious ^_^

I sang Armen's praises and someone even agreed with me. Then tha groupthink mobb exploded with faux-outrage. If the Earwolf forums require every post to be tailored to the whims of thin-skinned fanboys they should say so in the user agreement.

Yeah, I didn't really have any doubts about what you were referring to, even if we see it in different ways. But for the record, I'm not just talking about you in this thread.

• Like 1

I'll never understand why some people dislike Armen so much, I wasn't even aware those people existed before Wednesday. He's the sweetest fucking guy, and he's funny. Rich people can't have problems?!?!

You people are precious ^_^/>

I sang Armen's praises and someone even agreed with me. Then tha groupthink mobb exploded with faux-outrage. If the Earwolf forums require every post to be tailored to the whims of thin-skinned fanboys they should say so in the user agreement.

It's a good thing we have someone as intelligent as you to show us the error of our ways! Wake up, sheeple! Lots of people have pointed out how unkind your initial post was - maybe you need to accept that someone else might be right. What you said was a clear backhanded compliment.

Thanks to Armen and Kulap for discussing such a difficult and fucked thing so openly.

Maybe I'm just different than some people, but I just don't want anyone's feelings hurt. I find it really hard to get mad at someone unless they're doing something legitimately malicious, but I guess our brains are just different.

Sounds like something Armen would say

• Like 1

Hi, I've never really felt compelled to use moderator status on this board before. I'm not going to ban you outright, but perhaps you should cool off for a little while. How does 2000 days sound?

Ricu91o.png

My name is Jake Fogelnest. I don't have time for this.

Thank god.

• Like 5

Sounds like something Armen would say

I consider that high praise. I think Armen's a good person, and all I want is for people to know I'm a good person.

Also, how great is Titus Andronicus?

I need someone to verify if Jake Fogelnest's appearance in this forum is canonical.

• Like 2