🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 109.5 — MINISODE 109.5

Two of the greatest performers ever starred in a movie that was so bad they made a documentary about it. Next week get ready for the 1996 version of The Island of Dr. Moreau! This week Paul talks about the science of face switching as he goes through Corrections and Omissions for Face Off and praises the squatty potty as he answers your Qs!

People of the internet: You can now watch every episode of NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU for free! Be cool and pick up DEADPOOL 250 at your local comic book shop or on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Deadpool-250th-Issue-Comic-Book/dp/B00U57CZWY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0W7SWQ7ZVCWSXKGNVBJY

Grab yourself a HDTGM No Holds Barred over at the Earwolf store:http://store.earwolf.com/store/apparel/3783/hdtgm-no-holds-barred

The Island of Dr. Moreau! Let's welcome Val Kilmer to his first ever appearance on the show.

• Like 1

this hasnt happened for a while but does anyone living outside the US (im in ireland) know where i can stream this? cant find it anywhere. Its even hard to find on DVD, unless i pay 20 quid for it, and i cant do that so this might be the first ep i skip.

i did see it back in the 90s but i just cant remember any of it.

also, i always get this mixed up in my head with the ghost and the darkness for some reason

Its even hard to find on DVD, unless i pay 20 quid for it, and i cant do that so this might be the first ep i skip.

I have never watched an awful movie in advance of listening to HDTGM, and it hasn't diminished my enjoyment of the podcast at all.

• Like 5

also, i always get this mixed up in my head with the ghost and the darkness for some reason

The Ghost and the Darkness has Kilmer and Michael Douglas hunting lions.

HULU DOESN'T WORK IN REST OF THE WORLD. :angry: paul should stand up and boycott them.

" The Island of Dr. Moreau!" I bet ya didn't see that one coming

Every week that it's not Furious 7, I cry a little.

They did say that they would be recording it in early May, so this week would be the first week it would have even been possible. We'll likely get it in June.

Every week that it's not Furious 7, I cry a little.

Have you seen it? It wasn't as good as the last one, but it does have it's moments. I groaned at the ending though.

HULU DOESN'T WORK IN REST OF THE WORLD. :angry: paul should stand up and boycott them.

" The Island of Dr. Moreau!" I bet ya didn't see that one coming

Having lived in Branson, Missouri for a while I clicked on this link hoping for some Yakov Smirnoff

yakov.jpg

• Like 2

Having lived in Branson, Missouri for a while I clicked on this link hoping for some Yakov Smirnoff

I had to think on that one for a sec, and forgot about his catchphrase. "What a country!!"

NO, just more of that 1950s classic view of the world. sorry to have let you down.

is Yakov Smirnoff doing dinner theater there?

I guess tell fast 7 hits here, all we've got is the parking lot video's, look at those assholes go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzp3EEXZJ3I

Have you seen it? It wasn't as good as the last one, but it does have it's moments. I groaned at the ending though.

Oh yeah, I saw it. Fast Five is still the high water mark, but this one had tons of bonkers moments in its own right.

I had to think on that one for a sec, and forgot about his catchphrase. "What a country!!"

NO, just more of that 1950s classic view of the world. sorry to have let you down.

is Yakov Smirnoff doing dinner theater there?

He did for 20 years, but he stopped in 2012. I think he had Only in America on some promotional material in the 90s but I couldn't find a link.

Or I could be confusing in with the made for TV movie from the 1997 Don King: Only in America in which he talks about washing his hands *before* he touches his dick; which has stuck with me to this day!

About the question concerning pineapples and dicks shaped like pineapples... what if, instead of pineapples, all dicks were shaped like peaches? How would that change Nicolas Cage's peach-eating fixation in Face/Off?

• Like 3

I think the Castor and Pollux in Hunger Games are -- like the ones in Face-Off -- named after the twin brothers from two different fathers (Tyndareus and Zeus) in Greek and Roman mythology. Some straight-up Maury shit there.

• Like 4

On the subject of teeth, in Face off that would've been the easiest one to solve. And most likely with Veneers or full tooth extraction Little more radical but possible. just re-create whatever smile you would want with implants. Because of the timeline I don't think reshaping the teeth would work but if you wanted too they could probably taken impression's of both persons teeth and do that with braces but that would take months to years, anyone with braces can tell ya that. They Can make your smile look like anyone's now. If you got the money dentists will suck it up. Trust me, they are like vampires. They will suck you dry. But if you want Nicholas cages smile and who doesn't, they can do it.

Thing that nobody brought up was facial swelling that would've occurred from the full face transplant. You would've been in the hospital for weeks, Not days. Even months. You go in for just a little bit of collagen injections in your face swells up like a grapefruit. Face transplant would if possible talking maybe months.

• Like 1

Also, as mentioned in the Recommendations forum, I sincerely hope the guest is the one man who can help us make sense of this cinematic disaster. I speak of the founder of Science Fiction himself, Mr. H.G. Wells...

Paulftompkins.jpg

• Like 6

Also, as mentioned in the Recommendations forum, I sincerely hope the guest is the one man who can help us make sense of this cinematic disaster. I speak of the founder of Science Fiction himself, Mr. H.G. Wells...

Paulftompkins.jpg

I was going to remind everyone of your recommendation as well! I think Mr. Wells would have a lot to say on how closely the movie mirrors his novel...

On an unrelated not, I believe Herbert George is pretty good friends with Paul F. Tompkins. He could use the opportunity to pimp his friend's fantastic Spontaneanation podcast!

• Like 1

Oh yeah, I saw it. Fast Five is still the high water mark, but this one had tons of bonkers moments in its own right.

Oh yeah it has some good moments. Cars jumping from building to building being one.

..And did you see The Rock in this movie?! He's a real-life Terminator. He's so damned huge that I really felt he could pick up cars and 1-ton machine guns.

• Like 1

Yes, I think we can all agree Ronald McDonald should be "killed," but "fuck" Grimace and "marry" the Hamburgler?? Everyone knows Grimace is a much more generous lover! The Hamburgler is all about taking and not giving! It's right there in his name! At best he would be good for a rough and tumble one night stand...

But...wait a minute. Red hair? Cherubic smile? Is it possible, that behind that mysterious and enigmatic mask, the Hamburgler actually is June?

xcnMwNunTCn9m.gif

We're one to you, Ms. Raphael! Give us back our damn hamburgers!

• Like 3

Thing that nobody brought up was facial swelling that would've occurred from the full face transplant. You would've been in the hospital for weeks, Not days. Even months. You go in for just a little bit of collagen injections in your face swells up like a grapefruit. Face transplant would if possible talking maybe months.

In the movie, they said that new anti-inflammatories cut the healing time from weeks to days, but then it seems like they were taking the bandages off almost immediately after the surgery, and not only was there no swelling, there weren't even stitches or any other sign of incisions.

• Like 1