🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 83 — Nick Kroll, Our Close Friend

(Record scratch sound drop*)

You and A Bear are catfishing the forum?!

Left is right. Up is down. I'm confused.

*Credit to Mark

Well it could either be that (which of course it is), or it could possibly be a joke started independently by both Honlads and Steve that I never want to let die because it helps maintain the bond between me and my BFF (best forum friend). That said, I have to imagine that bears enjoy catfish...

While I'm speaking on my forum relationships I'd also like to say that Spunky is my forum dad because he was very encouraging to me early on and then virtually disappeared, saying he was was stepping out to "Go buy some more cool bugs".

• Like 8

I've got a pilot in contention this season too: 'The Wire'. It's a documentary about Haim trying to sell people drugs after their gigs

• Like 5

The "joke" has legitimately made me feel a kinship with John Monsterman, who I view as a very nice, positive dude

• Like 7

Well it could either be that (which of course it is), or it could possibly be a joke started independently by both Honlads and Steve that I never want to let die because it helps maintain the bond between me and my BFF (best forum friend). That said, I have to imagine that bears enjoy catfish...

While I'm speaking on my forum relationships I'd also like to say that Spunky is my forum dad because he was very encouraging to me early on and then virtually disappeared, saying he was was stepping out to "Go buy some more cool bugs".

I arrived in this forum at possibly a weird time when the surreal character bits were falling off and people stopped being pure comedy bits and started being real. I'll try to always assume you and A Bear share a consciousness at the very least, if not a password. Sorry about Spunky.

• Like 4

people stopped being pure comedy bits and started being real

PFT and his old people friends would have a field day with how that kind of sounds like the Real World intro

• Like 6

I've got a pilot in contention this season too: 'The Wire'. It's a documentary about Haim trying to sell people drugs after their gigs

Getting involved in drugs? Sounds like they are on a real slide.

• Like 11

PFT and his old people friends would have a field day with how that kind of sounds like the Real World intro

It is highly possible I've been mainlining Reality Show Show for the past few weeks and the similarities are not entirely accidental.

• Like 4

I'm leaving Florida to move back home tomorrow so this will be #1 on the pcast plist for the drive home. See you bitches in hell!

• Like 8

Sideways For Best Picture, your profile picture feels very rando. Are you trying to do a Skittles commercial type of thang or more of an Old Spice thang?

Also, this was a great ep. Hopefully Nick Kroll will get Hollywood Handbook some more listeners.

• Like 2

Sideways For Best Picture, your profile picture feels very rando. Are you trying to do a Skittles commercial type of thang or more of an Old Spice thang?

Also, this was a great ep. Hopefully Nick Kroll will get Hollywood Handbook some more listeners.

Well in the most of the analyses of 'Sideways' that I've seen the first point of reference was Skittles commercials. But Alexander Payne directed those Old Spice spots so I don't know what to think......

• Like 2

still not quite sure how a table can read a script for a pilot, or what that pilot is doing with a script, or why he can't read it himself (too busy flying a big plane?)

edit: is the table a picnic table? i've always thought they were the smartest tables.

• Like 7

I know we're all usually like "Bleh. Why do they keep remaking all the classics. Can't someone have an original idea?" but I think this project could be quite interesting given the talent involved.

S6i44yj.png?1

• Like 15

Actually, that's 5 rubles.............................................. GOTCHA!

EDIT: my thing was sposed to be before ADC's thing. Now nothing makes sense.

• Like 5

Anyone else been blasting The Mighty Mighty Bosstones all day dancing around pretending to be Cody?

• Like 6

Hey chaps, sorry for not getting my review in on the first page, or reviewing last week's epi at all (I thought it was good, though Neil Casey was a bit too lumbered w/ playing the straight-man to be funny, but he did his job well) but kroll was very good. He's a very funny man. Hayes did a good job on the ads. I feel that just being one person allows him to construct a more elaborate, gothic-comic reading than can survive in the collaborative ads. Shame that you got bounced out of the studio too soon, but I suppose if it can't be helped it can't be helped. The scotched intro-segment will go down in history as one of those tantalising unrealised artworks, like the last tycoon, etc.

Crick Gnoll, I call him. Like a riverbed goblin. Just because of the name, sure he's a lovely man.

• Like 5

Here was my Sgt. Sean's Loot Crate:

Od7dU8B.jpg

4 foam discs

2 dice

1 Tylenol

1 Russian ruble, labeled as a "prank nickel"

I laughed my whole butt off at this one.

• Like 3

Hey guys. I'm new. Started The Reality Show Show on 1/16 and now I'm here. How can I be your friend?

EDIT: Also, what do you want for that prank nickel? I'll give you like $83.

• Like 14

If you're from Athens, GA you must be REM. are you?

• Like 3

No, but I think I saw him in a bar once. I'm actually The B-52s.

• Like 12

Hey guys. I'm new. Started The Reality Show Show on 1/16 and now I'm here. How can I be your friend?

EDIT: Also, what do you want for that prank nickel? I'll give you like $83.

Great first post AND first edit! B)

• Like 16

I had 3 glasses of wine and I'm feeling like I might be the #1 handsome boy

• Like 9