🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 83 — Nick Kroll, Our Close Friend

Has anybody brought up the "Wanna feel old?" bit from the Dominick Dierkes episode? That was funny, if you ask me.

• Like 10

Three I don't think have been mentioned, but also happen to be some of my favorites are:

The gmail-roulette where Sean reads his email from Juliette Louis-Dreyfus

The Ellie Kemper interview where they only talk about her appearance on Hollywood Game Night

Their breakdown of the scene in Casablanca

I hope someone can put eps to the not obvious one... I cannot remember, but I'd love to go back to these.

• Like 5

Three I don't think have been mentioned, but also happen to be some of my favorites are:

The gmail-roulette where Sean reads his email from Juliette Louis-Dreyfus

The Ellie Kemper interview where they only talk about her appearance on Hollywood Game Night

Their breakdown of the scene in Casablanca

I hope someone can put eps to the not obvious one... I cannot remember, but I'd love to go back to these.

1. Gmail Roulette - Ellie Kemper
  2. Hollywood Game Night -This is also from the Ellie Kemper episode, uh doi!
  3. Casablanca - Betsy Sodaro

• Like 2

That part in the episode where Sean was talking to Hayes and Hayes talked backed to Sean was pretty swell too.

• Like 5

That part in the episode where Sean was talking to Hayes and Hayes talked backed to Sean was pretty swell too.

too scary

• Like 2

Has anybody brought up the "Wanna feel old?" bit from the Dominick Dierkes episode? That was funny, if you ask me.

I think this bit features the loudest Sean-breaking-character laugh of all time. It's a favorite of mine as well. Especially, "You wanna feel young? The Artist won best picture like two years ago."

• Like 8

My perfect episode would be an hour of silence punctuated periodically by Hayes trying not to laugh.

• Like 22

Everyone's upped their games with specific timestamps and careful episode references. So I guess I'll come back later and edit this with such info? I mean probably not, wtf are you guys all big computer-heads or what jeez it's like everyone here works at Google

I did, however, read through everyone's recommendations, so I don't think I'm repeating anything. If I am, by all means send a PM about it to MY REAR END.

• Dave Holmes ep - Who Watches the Watchmans - "mean detective" origin story: "you don't want this mean guy mad at you like that--he screeams! And he just about crashes out of the TV!"

• Kanye throwing a spiral, croquet mallet, hitting the dalmatian

• The DJ from the Jersey Boys bit, who sounds like a cartoon alligator

• "A Day in the Life" bits - Alexander Payne is good, but especially Kevin Smith ("is this good?" and how fat he is)

• Sean's voicemail for Sam when Sam pulled a powerful move & showed up late

• In the Aukerman/Ulrich ep, talking about how Seth MacFarlane is actually a smart science guy

• Adam Devine - when Hayes is like "and you're a little boy" (there are lots of Hayes moments that are similar in tone)

• Like 12

My perfect episode would be an hour of silence punctuated periodically by Hayes trying not to laugh.

strongly agree. probably just forget the other suggestions, actually. just do this

• Like 6

• Kanye throwing a spiral, croquet mallet, hitting the dalmatian

I heard this one again today and I had a right aul laugh at it.

• Like 4

• The DJ from the Jersey Boys bit, who sounds like a cartoon alligator

• "A Day in the Life" bits - Alexander Payne is good, but especially Kevin Smith ("is this good?" and how fat he is)

I know these two are John Cochran and Little Esther

I heard this one again today and I had a right aul laugh at it.

what episode was this? sounds like a hot clip and I only vaguely remember it!

• Like 4

I don't have favourite bits. They're all great.

Honestly, this reminds me of the time in grade 3 when Mrs Fagen was all like, "who are you hero" and I was like, "I don't have hero, so many people so cool"

what's important is that in grade 3 I was a real sass merchant

• Like 13

I know these two are John Cochran and Little Esther

what episode was this? sounds like a hot clip and I only vaguely remember it!

It's from the Scott and Jeff renegotiation episode.

• Like 3

6. The very first Tanks but no Tanks.

Is Reality SHOW Show cannon?

If so, they gotta include the bit about Aziz at the roast from the Gabrus episode I think

• Like 4

what's important is that in grade 3 I was a real sass merchant

in grade 3 I was a real Natalie Merchant bc if you ask me a class full of kids is like 10,000 maniacs

• Like 9

Im getting lazy, and this won't be useful at all because I'm not mentioning specific clips or episodes, at this point im just saying things that I like about the show:

Any one of Sean's controversial opinions that make Hayes uncomfortable because he doesnt want to take a position on it.

• The war of northern aggression
  • shakespeare didn't write his own plays
  • Sean's atheism (Hayes eventually gives in on that one)
  • Am I forgetting one?

Stray Observations (i work for the AVclub)

• would like to hear a supercut of all of Hayes' stifled laughter, nose snort thing he does. Not because I would enjoy listening to it, I'd just be more interested in seeing how long of a clip it would end up being. Same goes for all the "mmmm" and mmmhmmm"s

• For some reason people yelling off-mic on a podcast is always hilarious (Hayes getting mad and letting Brett do the TF, Sean during the Cards Ads).

• Also, whichever ep it was when Sean was saying that Hayes is smiling at him a lot when they do the show and it's scary because he can see his teeth and teeth are part of a skelington

• Like 12

Best ofs:

BJ Novak - Spider-Man 2

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodhandbook/bj-novak-our-close-friend#t=46:15

Gil Ozeri - Home Mart or Homemart, Engineer Brett takes over the show

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodhandbook/gil-ozeri-our-close-friend#t=11:28

Betsy Sodaro - The Write Stuff: Casablanca - Feat. Engineer Brett starting the Scene Machine

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodhandbook/betsy-sodaro-our-close-friend#t=9:28

Betsy Sodaro - A listener question about sound engineers

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodhandbook/betsy-sodaro-our-close-friend#t=1:05:42

Jes Macallan - Drop the mic

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodhandbook/macallan-our-close-friend#t=57:13

Engineer Brett freaks out about 300$ microphones.

The Gilmore Guys - Sean is a 'guest' on another podcast

https://soundcloud.com/hollywoodhandbook/the-gilmore-guys-w-demi-adejuyigbe-and-kevin-porter#t=48:48

• Like 13

That funny bit about aliens and hair jizz started by that hilarious listener's good gallery question should be in the best-of

• Like 7

I think the Seth Morris episode with the cutting in and out of the turkey podcast was excellent and deserving of best of.

Might I also suggest some kind of supercut involving Sean talking about his sick basement apartment with the blacklight posters. This could also link up nicely with supercuts of whenever Sean mentions his relationship with his dad to an unsuspecting guest, and whenever Hayes talks about his relationship with Carrie-Ann Moss.

Also the RPG bit from the Mary Holland episode where the building manager is supposed to eat a fresha tomata.

Guys, it's been said before, but you can't go wrong with literally any clip of this show.

• Like 5

That funny bit about aliens and hair jizz started by that hilarious listener's good gallery question should be in the best-of

OMG how did I forget about this?? This might be the hardest I've ever laughed at a podcast. I literally started laughing so hard I couldn't see from the tears in my eyes and almost crashed my car.

• Like 5

• would like to hear a supercut of all of Hayes' stifled laughter, nose snort thing he does. Not because I would enjoy listening to it, I'd just be more interested in seeing how long of a clip it would end up being. Same goes for all the "mmmm" and mmmhmmm"s

I was actually thinking of the same kind of supercut for the exact reason!

• Like 1

I loved when Hayes and Sean fell out over anti-humor and the role of a certain Andy Koffman (Troll)

I also loved when Gmail roulette linked Hayes to the nude leak last year when Hayes kept insisting they were his nude and Sean said the stealing something sexy is the worst kind of sex crime

• Like 4

Kim Kardashian "what does she even do!"

That was so amazing. The second they started talking about Paris Hilton I couldn't stop laughing

• Like 2

when you go to do the popcorn gallery set of clips imo you should play the theme from the live show

• Like 14