🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 83 — Nick Kroll, Our Close Friend

Ah yes.. the self-styled "Nick Kroll comedy payola investigator" - I follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrivagoD

She even looks nuts.

Wow, I've never seen someone more into hashtags. She must be really up on this Twitter thing

• Like 2

Haha this podcast is funny!

• Like 4

helloIdranksI don't know what's going on. My oist looks wierd. This podcast is good. I DRANK BEER!ok. O

• Like 3

sorry

• Like 6

I'm too impatient to wait for who this week's guest actually is

Hello, [insert name here]. What do you have that I don't?!

Sincerely,

Blink

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on no guest. Someone cancelled, and now they're going to put together some weird Sean and Hayes version of a best of ep.

I'll put $20 on that action. Who's in?

• Like 1

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on no guest. Someone cancelled, and now they're going to put together some weird Sean and Hayes version of a best of ep.

I'll put $20 on that action. Who's in?

Okay, yeah, I want $20.

• Like 2

hayes, you were spotted at a luke's lobster in new york last weekend. perhaps you'll be happy to know that they listen to HH in the kitchen, 'cos joe used to work there!

• Like 14

Ah yes.. the self-styled "Nick Kroll comedy payola investigator" - I follow her on Twitter: https://twitter.com/TrivagoD

She even looks nuts.

I didn't know Nick Krolls billionaire dad paid for him to be funny! According to this lady, he even used his money to get the lead role in Hollywood blockbuster Adult Beginners, and also paid to have him write and direct it.

I wish my dad was a billionaire and he could pay to make me funny when I'm doing improv. I can't imagine the technology these billionaires must have access to.

• Like 5

She even looks nuts.

wait what exactly is the deal with that part of her bio? i scrolled through her tweets for as long as possible without wanting to delete MY twitter (about 20 tweets), but nothing about Kroll. is this a thing she's done involving the aforementioned 3 blogs? im very out of the loop on this, unless it's all a tiny bit of a joke

• Like 3

Sean and Hayes are going to be on Comedy Bang Bang on Monday, by all accounts. I think they're putting together a Best-Of for new listeners who they expect will wander in after hearing them them tear it up with Scott.

• Like 5

wait what exactly is the deal with that part of her bio? i scrolled through her tweets for as long as possible without wanting to delete MY twitter (about 20 tweets), but nothing about Kroll. is this a thing she's done involving the aforementioned 3 blogs? im very out of the loop on this, unless it's all a tiny bit of a joke

Google Alisa and Lauren Spitzberg. They're stalker sisters who believe Tig Notaro faked cancer and that there's some sort of "Kroll Payola conspiracy." It's hard to make out what exactly the conspiracy is because the rambling blog posts are confusing, but any time Nick or one of his friends (Scott, Mulaney, Harris) has some level of success, they say it's due to the conspiracy, funded by his dad. Something went down a couple years ago and Tig got a restraining order, I assume Nick did too.

Long time lurker, second time poster, what up what up

• Like 10

Google Alisa and Lauren Spitzberg. They're stalker sisters who believe Tig Notaro faked cancer and that there's some sort of "Kroll Payola conspiracy." It's hard to make out what exactly the conspiracy is because the rambling blog posts are confusing, but any time Nick or one of his friends (Scott, Mulaney, Harris) has some level of success, it's due to the conspiracy, funded by his dad. Something went down a couple years ago and Tig got a restraining order, I assume Nick did too.

Long time lurker, second time poster, what up what up

You're quite the D.

• Like 3

I have a pretentious name.

And it suits me.

Heh, you think your name is pretentious...

• Like 5

Yes, he JUST said that. Gawd.

Well, excuse the ever-loving daylights out of me!

• Like 5

mainly unrelated: I made a ringtone of Sean shouting "ScuzzMan!". It accidentally went off during class. My students are now obsessed with finding out who Scuzzman is, to the point of one of them during class telling his girlfriend "shut up Scuzzman".

I LOLd.

• Like 18

That's very cute, but if your students haven't figured out that they could just Google it, I'm forced to doubt your teaching abilities.

• Like 8

That's very cute, but if your students haven't figured out that they could just Google it, I'm forced to doubt your teaching abilities.

im also shocked that google hasnt turned anything up yet. maybe it is a spelling issue

• Like 3

mainly unrelated: I made a ringtone of Sean shouting "ScuzzMan!". It accidentally went off during class. My students are now obsessed with finding out who Scuzzman is, to the point of one of them during class telling his girlfriend "shut up Scuzzman".

I LOLd.

Hey there, buddy. Would you be willing to put that ringtone up on the forums?

• Like 3

Heh, you think your name is pretentious...

Yes.

• Like 6

If Sean and Hayes aren't the CBB guests by the time I wake up I'm gonna lose my shit.

• Like 12