🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

HOWL - NEW iOS App

Hello Earwolves!

If you have an iPhone, iPad or iDontKnowAnymore, then we have a special gift for your phone and your ears.

We're pleased to introduce Howl. This iOS app brings together all of your favorite Earwolf and Wolfpop shows on your device for one-stop listening and downloading. It's available in the iTunes App Store right now.

We know there are plenty of other podcast listening apps out there, so we wanted to make something special to give you complete access to all the extra stuff we include with every episode.

Along with streaming and downloading shows, Howl delivers episode descriptions, forum discussions, in-studio photos, and the latest tweets about the shows from hosts and listeners. You get all the features of the Earwolf website -- plus the ability to take episodes with you to places where there's no internet, like airplanes, the subway, and Faraday cages!

We like to think of it as Maximum Wolf, with minimum hassle.

So don't wait -- go to the App Store now to download Howl!

https://itunes.apple...43503?ls=1&mt=8

P.S. Dearest Android Earwolves, we love you, too. We're working on an Android version of Howl, too.

• Like 6

It's definitely a nice app but I'm a little worried because there was something on the latest Affirmation Nation about how it'll be back from its hiatus on a network called 'Howl' and not Earwolf. I hope there aren't going to be shows exclusive to an Earwolf/Wolfpop app because that seems like a good way to kill them! I already use a podcast app that includes a ton of non-Earwolf stuff so there's not really any incentive to switch.

What I'm saying is please don't kill Hollywood Handbook.

• Like 14

If only I could use it on my older but not ancient iphone. Would be interested in a better mobile HH forum experience.

• Like 4

It's definitely a nice app but I'm a little worried because there was something on the latest Affirmation Nation about how it'll be back from its hiatus on a network called 'Howl' and not Earwolf. I hope there aren't going to be shows exclusive to an Earwolf/Wolfpop app because that seems like a good way to kill them! I already use a podcast app that includes a ton of non-Earwolf stuff so there's not really any incentive to switch.

What I'm saying is please don't kill Hollywood Handbook.

My guess is that earwolf/wolfpop will merge into howl to cover the abject failure of splitting the brand.

I'll just sit here twiddling my e-thumbs until the droid version drops.

• Like 1

Hello again Earwolves,

We just updated our Howl iOS app!

By popular demand you can now search to find shows and episodes by keyword and people. We don't want to overwhelm you when you search for "Paul F. Tompkins," so by default it will search the latest 10 episodes of every show. You can get more results for a specific show by selecting "Show More Episodes" when you're browsing that show in the app.

We also made a bunch of little bug fixes and performance improvements to make the Howl experience even smoother.

The update is available in the App Store now. Check it out:

https://itunes.apple...43503?ls=1&mt=8

P.S. Hollywood Handbook will NEVER die.

• Like 4

I don't know if I would personally convert to a different, network-specific app anyway, but just FYI for me (and I imagine other people) the lack of a sleep timer is a dealbreaker. I realize the app is still a work in progress, just putting it out there that's an essential feature to get to at some point. :-)

Did the app stop updating for everyone or is it just me?

Can't load any shows past Monday's. I've even deleted and reinstalled the app.

I didn't think I'd find Howl useful, but now that a few bugs have been ironed out, I'm finding I listen to enough Earwolf/Wolfpop shows that this is quite handy. It's even got me to check out a few shows I never had before, especially with the guest search feature. I'd imagine this is kind of the point.

So, the Sklars have talked about this new "Howl" network on their last two episodes, and it sounds like it is launching soon. Is there going to be an official announcement about this with more details at some point? Will it be connected to this app, and if so, when will the Android version be ready, and/or will there be a web version? Will back episodes of Earwolf shows no longer be available for free on Earwolf?

So, the Sklars have talked about this new "Howl" network on their last two episodes, and it sounds like it is launching soon. Is there going to be an official announcement about this with more details at some point? Will it be connected to this app, and if so, when will the Android version be ready, and/or will there be a web version? Will back episodes of Earwolf shows no longer be available for free on Earwolf?

internet-memes-be-carefull-of-husky1.jpg

Signed up for the trial today, so far I've listened to Atlas Obscura day, ep 1. of The Complete Woman, and parts of Hardcore Game of Thrones and the new live CBB as well as most of an old WTF (keep cycling through shows as I try to decide what to listen to). Excited to listen to more. There was already so much audio content for me to consume now theres even more!

I hope the service becomes available on the desktop in the future, as sometimes I like listening on my Mac, as well as a universal app for iPhones, iPads and iDontEvenKnowAnymores! Would be nice if my favorites synced between devices too. But, for a brand new service, it's great.

Hey everyone! So the surprise is out! (official announcements coming tomorrow) Howl Premium is here!

To answer your question erictbar, the browser version will be ready to go tonight at midnight PST at Howl.fm

I am now the customer happiness rep for Howl, so if anyone has any questions or needs any help you can email me at support@howl.fm or message me here. I could never leave my forum babies, so I'll still be around :)

• Like 1

To answer your question erictbar, the browser version will be ready to go tonight at midnight PST at Howl.fm

Awesome, can't wait to see the browser version when I wake up tomorrow!

Excited about Howl & keen to switch to premium - is there an ETA for an Android app?

No exact date, but the Android app is in the works. For now, you can access the premium content on your mobile browser at howl.fm

Super psyched!

It won't play for me on my work PC, but I suspect that's because the files are hosted on Earwolf/Howl servers, and not Soundcloud like usual. Soundcloud is pretty much the only audio site not blocked here at work. (Not complaining, I'll just have to find a workaround)

Can't wait to hear some of these 'sclusies!

Hey everyone! So the surprise is out! (official announcements coming tomorrow) Howl Premium is here!

I am now the customer happiness rep for Howl, so if anyone has any questions or needs any help you can email me at support@howl.fm or message me here. I could never leave my forum babies, so I'll still be around :)

so I just signed up for HOWL premium, and every show I try to play (at least Comedy Bang-Bang, haven't tried anything else) is messed up. If I play (for example) show #239 "All Farted Out" w/Jon Daly & Brian Posehn, there's a Matt Gourley and Jay Mohr episode coming out of the speakers instead. If I play a Jon Hodgman episode, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost are speaking instead. Is this a common bug or am I going insane?

No exact date, but the Android app is in the works. For now, you can access the premium content on your mobile browser at howl.fm

To those of us who still have data-capped rates, this is going to be impossible. Accessing through browser-streaming rather than downloading/archiving would cause significant charges.

Unrealistic expectation for fans to use the Howl site.

• Like 4

so I just signed up for HOWL premium, and every show I try to play (at least Comedy Bang-Bang, haven't tried anything else) is messed up. If I play (for example) show #239 "All Farted Out" w/Jon Daly & Brian Posehn, there's a Matt Gourley and Jay Mohr episode coming out of the speakers instead. If I play a Jon Hodgman episode, Edgar Wright, Simon Pegg, and Nick Frost are speaking instead. Is this a common bug or am I going insane?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we're working on a solution right now.

• Like 1

I am having a problem with the app on IOS, I've downloaded a couple episodes while I am on wifi, to listen to later. But when I re open the app my downloads are gone. Ive had this 3 times so far.

I am absolutely ecstatic. I'm currently listening to the Howl.Fm and posting this comment as I listen to the first live show from Chicago. I'm going to need new pants for sure. I was already a premium subscriber to Wtf so this was no issue for me. I've always wanted a way to show my love steadily for Earwolf, and now I can do that while paying very little a month. I can't explain how happy this makes me. Joy joy, happy joy happiness and joy. Come on guys!

I've been listening to Comedy Bang! Bang! since Comedy Death Ray Radio as well as many other podcasts that are now staples on Earwolf. I would gladly pay $5 a month for the literally hundreds of hours of entertainment they've given me over the years. I just wish I could download all the extra content available on Howl to my iTunes. I do not now nor do I ever plan on owning an iPhone. I'd pay $5 for the new SuperEgo content alone. So I'm SuperBummed I'm missing out. :(

In summation, will this extra content and programming ever see the light of day for download on iTunes? Cause if it's smart phone app only, this SuperFan is shit out of luck.

• Like 2

I've been listening to Comedy Bang! Bang! since Comedy Death Ray Radio as well as many other podcasts that are now staples on Earwolf. I would gladly pay $5 a month for the literally hundreds of hours of entertainment they've given me over the years. I just wish I could stream all the extra content available on Howl to my desktop. I do not now nor do I ever plan on owning an iPhone. I'd pay $5 for the new SuperEgo content alone. So I'm SuperBummed I'm missing out. :(/>/>/>

In summation, will this extra content and programming ever see the light of day on iTunes or desktop in general? Cause if it's smart phone app only, this SuperFan is shit out of luck.

Go to Howl.fm. I'm on an android currently and that's how I'm listening to the extra content. They said before an Android app will be available soon, but for now that Howl.fm works for desktop :)