🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
phantomgaylord

Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 (1986)

This is my absolute favorite movie and it is pure insanity. Dennis Hopper stars in his greatest role to date as a former Texas ranger hellbent on bringing down the Sawyer family. This movie culminates in a goddamn chainsaw swordfight. It features Dennis Hopper running through tunnels, dual-wielding chainsaws and yelling nonsensical affirmations. Leatherface falls in love. The pacing is horrible. There's a character tie-in to the first movie (re: Dennis Hopper's character) that's never fully explained unless you look up trivia about the movie. Everything about Bill Moseley's "Chop Top" is incredible.

According to the movie's IMDB page, Dennis Hopper thought this was THE worst movie he's ever done (yes, including Super Mario Brothers).

It's everything great about bad horror movies wrapped up in a campy, ridiculous bow. It's completely bonkers. Please check it out!

I just finished watching this today, and completely agree this would make a great pick for the show. From the two guys at the start, to Leatherface grinding against his chainsaw to Dennis Hopper cutting down an amusement park piece by piece with a chainsaw... this was awesome.

I just started chainsaw 3, it appears that #2 is just a random non canon (if there is such a thing in texas chainsaw land) entry?

• Like 1

I just finished watching this today, and completely agree this would make a great pick for the show. From the two guys at the start, to Leatherface grinding against his chainsaw to Dennis Hopper cutting down an amusement park piece by piece with a chainsaw... this was awesome.

I just started chainsaw 3, it appears that #2 is just a random non canon (if there is such a thing in texas chainsaw land) entry?

Actually, all of the sequels and stuff BESIDES part 2 seem to be non-canon, as every film past that just seems to be a rehash of the original. That being said, as much as people complain, depending on where you stand with part 2, the Platinum Dunes remake with Jessica Biel is AT LEAST the third best in the series.

• Like 1

Actually, all of the sequels and stuff BESIDES part 2 seem to be non-canon, as every film past that just seems to be a rehash of the original. That being said, as much as people complain, depending on where you stand with part 2, the Platinum Dunes remake with Jessica Biel is AT LEAST the third best in the series.

Good point. I just watched 3 and 4 in the last day while sick/working from home. 3 is an alright horror movie, nothing too out there really. 4 was kinda boring, but had some crazy moments.. 3-4 seemed like they were trying to have some connection.. but the person making that connection wasn't paying attention and just went yep well this will do I guess.

I saw the 2003 one when it first came out.. just started it again.. and then there's like 3 more... I am assuming they will be awful in a bad way.. we'll see... I don't know why I decided to watch all of these, until now I had only seen the original and the remake.

Good point. I just watched 3 and 4 in the last day while sick/working from home. 3 is an alright horror movie, nothing too out there really. 4 was kinda boring, but had some crazy moments.. 3-4 seemed like they were trying to have some connection.. but the person making that connection wasn't paying attention and just went yep well this will do I guess.

I saw the 2003 one when it first came out.. just started it again.. and then there's like 3 more... I am assuming they will be awful in a bad way.. we'll see... I don't know why I decided to watch all of these, until now I had only seen the original and the remake.

The thing with part 3 when it came out was that it was controversial for being crazy violent, but I remember being pretty disappointed with it and thinking it was just kind of generic. The only one I haven't seen is the one from a couple of years back, though I'm sure I'll get to it eventually.

Yeah, TCM 3/Leatherface and TCM: TNG don't involve Tobe Hooper at all; this is the Official Sequel and the others, while entertaining/bonkers in their own rights, are just kind of there. Although, I do enjoy the tiny morsel of continuity in TCM 3, with Leatherface having a knee brace. A nice callback to the ending of the first film.

This could be a good Halloween ep. This is a highly entertaining flick! Hopper is abs-bonkers. Can't believe he said THIS was the worst film he was ever a part of. Bill Mosley is his typical freak news.

Actually, all of the sequels and stuff BESIDES part 2 seem to be non-canon,

I just started watching the most recent movie TCM 3D - and it has a re-hash of the first movie at the start - I hadn't watched the first movie for some time and had forgotten about all the similarities, so yeah can see how #2 would be the canon one. Interestingly Bill Mosely has a cameo in TCM 3D - but it has nothing to do with TCM 2 or chop top.

Nice choice, dude. And it's free on Youtube!

https://www.youtube....h?v=j34xQ9cwIpw

And the worst thing Hopper was ever involved with would have to be "The Crow: Wicked Prayer", hands down. Which I believe someone posted awhile back. I posted a link to a small excerpt of Mr. Hopper's performance from the film below.

Brace yourself...

Sign in to follow this