🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 351 — CBB: The Movie

Bronson Magnifico kind of adapted Phrancis Phord Coppala's catchphrase no?

"She sells seashells by the seashore..why would I buy shells if I'm at the shore? I can just pick them off the ground.

Work on your business model."

Great episode, great pronunciation of the word premise.

Wow, not sure how this happened. Did Scott read this on one of the episodes? Maybe I listened to it and the premise stuck in my head or something..

edit: link to PPC's post for context: http://forum.earwolf...business-model/

I thought he did, that's why I looked it up, but I might have made that up the first time yours was repeated :D

Anyway, I didn't mean to spoil your parade and make it rain.

I've been panickedly flipping through October/November eps to listen to their catchphrases and haven't heard it yet, but that doesn't mean he didn't read it on the air at some point. I'm hoping we just both stumbled across the same dumb concept, which my googlings after week 1 had already told me was completely not original.

Hmm, maybe this is just my raging jealousy about your success in the catchphrase business as of late, but this could be grounds for dismissal of your catchphrase all together, thus opening the way up for others to have a shot at being famous for a week again.

Again - boiling over with jealousy. I don't hate you personally I just hate the success you've received.

• Like 8

I don't know. I've never heard one second of Hollywood Handbook, although it probably seems that I should since I'm working in Hollywood. I don't know what Comedy Bang Bang is either, although I probably should. They seem to have a television show. All I know, after being redirected to this thing, which seems to be a podcast, is that these guys, Sean and Hayes, they seem to have an understanding of how the business works. And I applaud this Scott character for giving them so much praise. And I have to say, it takes no effort at all for people to get sucked into the Hollywood Handbook clique and have them talking this bullshit.

Loco, your not quite doing it right.

• Like 13

Mmmm, and I'll speak on that. Ya see, the people that listen to that. The "listeners"... they'll listen to that and think "Hmmm that's funny".... and then they'll think "oh well, yeah, there's no secret there".....and then they'll go on the forums and be like "sure, yes, showbiz is blah, blah, blah..." and what not. Then they will say things, and using the technique of "yes, and...", they'll fill up 9 pages of comments.

Yes, and then they'll think they had a good idea but forget. Yep, and then the vibe between themselves and their own butt will be immediate. Yeah, and then...

• Like 2

M.F.ers wanna do it.

EDIT: Sorry Souprman already said this.

So let me say, I'm glad to see these two shows colliding. I for one an a fan of both.

There wasn't a way to double like this so I had to quote it.

• Like 3

I don't know. I've never heard one second of Hollywood Handbook, although it probably seems that I should since I'm working in Hollywood. I don't know what Comedy Bang Bang is either, although I probably should. They seem to have a television show. All I know, after being redirected to this thing, which seems to be a podcast, is that these guys, Sean and Hayes, they seem to have an understanding of how the business works. And I applaud this Scott character for giving them so much praise. And I have to say, it takes no effort at all for people to get sucked into the Hollywood Handbook clique and have them talking this bullshit.

Is this that antihumor I've heard about? I don't understand your angle

• Like 8

how much would it cost for you to eat a average size bug? not a gross looking one even...im at $20

• Like 14

As we all know, the Father is the Son, which by the transitivity of ancestry implies that the Grandfather is the Grandson.

I'm honestly having a hard time telling if that first part is actual Bible stuff or if it's from New No-Nos. I already confuse the two so much...

• Like 6

how much would it cost for you to eat a average size bug? not a gross looking one even...im at $20

I don't know, Greggy, it would have to be a pretty gross one for me to pay as much as $20 to eat it.

• Like 9

First CBB I deleted 20min in, these guys are annoying. I guess the silver lining is we don't have to hear them in ads anymore.

• Like 2

There's nothing platonic about a pinch.

• Like 19

First CBB I deleted 20min in, these guys are annoying. I guess the silver lining is we don't have to hear them in ads anymore.

your attention span is so cute I just want to pinch it.

• Like 14

This was great. I laughed many times. Good job to all involved. btw Bang is a great, funny name for a comedian, very prescient choice by Mr. and Mrs. Rodgeman on that one, how did they know he'd be on Comedy Bang Bang one day? Also did Hayes play "B.O.B." by Outkast because it says Bang's name so much in that song or because it says part of the name of the podcast in the song or both? Anyway, enjoyed it very much and I see a bright future ahead for all of these people.

EDIT: Or maybe just because he knew it would be so entertaining to listen to the song while staring at Dixon's gif?

• Like 22

What's ADUB stand for anyway?

Asshole Doesn't Understand Brilliance???

• Like 7

your attention span is so cute I just want to pinch it.

You and I debated some topic pretty aggressively a few weeks back, but I couldn't agree with this comment more.

• Like 3

Oh god dammit!

Now I have to remember that Alien Ant Farm was a thing.

• Like 5

This was a good episode. I don't know if it's been said, but I gotta say, those Handbook fellas are a couple of, well, wacko goofballs.

• Like 18

Oh god dammit!

Now I have to remember that Alien Ant Farm was a thing.

Not just a thing. But the best thing! I'm not kidding.

EDIT: I love everything but "Smooth Criminal" though. Thumbs down, CBB.

• Like 4

Loved this. (Mostly) enjoyed the ads leading up to this, really loved the episode.

They mentioned this in the ep and I'm sure it's been covered in the 9 pages I didn't read, but -- any good eps (RIP) to check out for first time hollywood handbook listeners?

• Like 11

Also, I appreciate that Scott acknowledged that us message board posters have great ideas on what/who is/isn't funny.

• Like 10