🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 351 — CBB: The Movie

I was kinda hoping to hear the Engineer Brett character rather than the Engineer Cody character on this episode. I mean, Adomian does a great job as Engineer Cody, but I really like the way PFT gives his Engineer Brett character a kind of laid-back befuddlement.

"I'M A SAM MAN!"

"I'M A SAM MAN!"

trust me, you all will be doing that chant this time next year. (Ladies feel free to change it so that it makes sense for you (ie "I'M A SAMANTHA MAN! etc)

• Like 5

hi mr hayes asked us hollywood hambook folks to do nice things for scott this week so i made you this video, you were so nice on the show i felt like we were family. call me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbcN5TVI0eA

Does she work for you greggy? I'd love to get her to record a personalized message I can use for my voicemail

• Like 7

Bronson Magnifico kind of adapted Phrancis Phord Coppala's catchphrase no?

"She sells seashells by the seashore..why would I buy shells if I'm at the shore? I can just pick them off the ground.

Work on your business model."

Great episode, great pronunciation of the word premise.

• Like 4

"It's a very dangerous podcast to listen to, although I hate to end a sentence with a preposition so instead I'm going to continue on and just say that it's dangerous!"

I love you, Scott.

• Like 5

"Engineer Cody sits on the floor and begins trying to eat his own butt."

Thankfully Sean and Hayes spent no time inserting stuff from their show to CBB, this episode was like CBB: The Hollywood Handbook edition. This was great fun all around, a "insert catchphrase" ep all around!

• Like 6

Bronson Magnifico kind of adapted Phrancis Phord Coppala's catchphrase no?

"She sells seashells by the seashore..why would I buy shells if I'm at the shore? I can just pick them off the ground.

Work on your business model."

Great episode, great pronunciation of the word premise.

Wow, not sure how this happened. Did Scott read this on one of the episodes? Maybe I listened to it and the premise stuck in my head or something..

edit: link to PPC's post for context: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/18794-she-sells-seashells-by-the-seashorewhy-would-i-buy-shells-if-im-at-the-shore-i-can-just-pick-them-off-the-ground-work-on-your-business-model/

Hey guys I don't want to get involved in any of this debate and controversy so let me just say that I thought this episode was good and also that blacks and Jews are genetically inferior to whites. Great ep!

• Like 8

Lots of BS about the Doctrine of Transubstantiation in this episode. "It's just bread"? No thanks, I'll pass on this one

• Like 13

Lots of BS about the Doctrine of Transubstantiation in this episode. "It's just bread"? No thanks, I'll pass on this one

You should be well aware of Sean's views on reLIEgion from that time he saw religulous

• Like 5

Thank you Dixon, so glad someone took my meme bait

Shutup Cody, quit acting like you did something good on purpose

• Like 21

Their fans seem awfully pleased with themselves for imitating that Hayes and Sean shtick. Even by making that statement, I almost expect one of them to say "Mmmm, speak on that" and "isn't that interesting?"

Mmmm, and I'll speak on that. Ya see, the people that listen to that. The "listeners"... they'll listen to that and think "Hmmm that's funny".... and then they'll think "oh well, yeah, there's no secret there".....and then they'll go on the forums and be like "sure, yes, showbiz is blah, blah, blah..." and what not. Then they will say things, and using the technique of "yes, and...", they'll fill up 9 pages of comments.

This comment was originally mean so I changed it to a picture of a puppy

Cute-puppy.jpg

• Like 16

Wow, not sure how this happened. Did Scott read this on one of the episodes? Maybe I listened to it and the premise stuck in my head or something..

edit: link to PPC's post for context: http://forum.earwolf...business-model/

I thought he did, that's why I looked it up, but I might have made that up the first time yours was repeated :D

Anyway, I didn't mean to spoil your parade and make it rain.

I wasn't sure if it was cool to laugh at the foam corner joke.....

M.F.ers wanna do it.

EDIT: Sorry Souprman already said this.

So let me say, I'm glad to see these two shows colliding. I for one an a fan of both.

• Like 10

Wait, why isn't Paul F. Tompkins credited on this episode? Did someone miss that awesome cameo he did during the script reading? He clearly stated his name!

• Like 10

It's heartwarming to see fanbases uniting in the name of content.

This episode does raise a few questions, though.

Do HH and CBB share the same canon? Are they part of the Earwolf Cinematic Universe?

Who mixed up the labels on those Rosetta Stone and NYPD Blue DVDs?

Who are Scott's sources?

Is the Old Town Playhouse okay?

Should I steal those picnic treats?

Should I land over there?

Do you like jazz? (The dance.)

• Like 9

Scott was wrong when he said that Jesus never had a grandson. As we all know, the Father is the Son, which by the transitivity of ancestry implies that the Grandfather is the Grandson.

• Like 2

I thought he did, that's why I looked it up, but I might have made that up the first time yours was repeated :D

Anyway, I didn't mean to spoil your parade and make it rain.

I've been panickedly flipping through October/November eps to listen to their catchphases and haven't heard it yet, but that doesn't mean he didn't read it on the air at some point. I'm hoping we just both stumbled across the same dumb concept, which my googlings after week 1 had already told me was completely not original.

• Like 1

I don't know. I've never heard one second of Hollywood Handbook, although it probably seems that I should since I'm working in Hollywood. I don't know what Comedy Bang Bang is either, although I probably should. They seem to have a television show. All I know, after being redirected to this thing, which seems to be a podcast, is that these guys, Sean and Hayes, they seem to have an understanding of how the business works. And I applaud this Scott character for giving them so much praise. And I have to say, it takes no effort at all for people to get sucked into the Hollywood Handbook clique and have them talking this bullshit.