🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 351 — CBB: The Movie

Ummm people don't love Cameron Esposito? Ugh I should come to these forums even less frequently.

Everyone should love Caramel. She's the best.

Also, I did really enjoy this week's episode, but whoever kept snorting directly into the mic (I think it was Hayes) was REALLY distracting.

• Like 4

Everyone should love Caramel. She's the best.

Also, I did really enjoy this week's episode, but whoever kept snorting directly into the mic (I think it was Hayes) was REALLY distracting.

Caramel sentiments seconded!

For the (almost) snort, I believe it is Hayes. At first it bugged me, but now I find it as funny as he apparently finds himself. Cause like, that dude is fuckin' funny. HH fans help us out, who's the snorter? Someone called it nose-(something) earlier in the thread.

• Like 3

Points, Valerie, Points.

• Like 6

It's so funny to me to imagine people unfamiliar with HH listening to this and thinking "why do these guys keep messing up plurals?"

When I first started listening, I remember saying to my former girlfriend whom I married, "they're always mixing up 'is' and 'are' and no one ever points it out"

• Like 4

Hayes used to have a PFT/Pete Holmes level of laughter on RSS. He's one of those silly guys who laughs at everything and laughs loudly. Its usually him snorting since HH started 99% of the time.

• Like 9

yeah, there's a weird contingent of in denial homophobes (probably sexists too) who are really threatened by a woman making any mention of her sexual orientation.

Or they're all just really upset that her being a lesbian makes it that much harder for them to post about how much they want to have sex with her. :wub:

• Like 6

I don't know.

Edit. I know. I will be adding the podcast "Hollywood Handbook" to my podcast receiving application. C+

• Like 5

Hayes used to have a PFT/Pete Holmes level of laughter on RSS. He's one of those silly guys who laughs at everything and laughs loudly. Its usually him snorting since HH started 99% of the time.

Hayes laughs like nobody watching.

And i love it

• Like 5

I don't know.

YOU OL SOURPUSS!

Edit. I know. I will be adding the podcast "Hollywood Handbook" to my podcast receiving application. C+

EDIT: *slyly* you ol sourpuss. C'mere ya big lug, I can't stay mad at you.

• Like 10

I just received my Sgt. Sean's Loot Shoe: CBB Movie Edition. And, boy oh boy, it's as if Christmas came early this year.

I love the old town playhouse commemorative flattened penny, "she does it" t-shirt, stale Jesus crumbs, dead June bug, and Cody's butt.

Thank you, Sean.

• Like 8

Hayes laughs like nobody watching.

And i love it

Hayes laugh like everybody listen?

• Like 1

First CBB I deleted 20min in, these guys are annoying. I guess the silver lining is we don't have to hear them in ads anymore.

The thing about this post is that it is ehhhhhh, wrong.

• Like 3

Honestly, I have only listened to a few HH episodes, but I don't understand how anyone could not find those two guys hilarious. I feel like I don't even get the origin of half of their bits, like Sean randomly omitting words from sentences ("Nick, did you make movie?"), but they still just make me die laughing. Binge listen incoming.

• Like 16

Honestly, I have only listened to a few HH episodes, but I don't understand how anyone could not find those two guys hilarious. I feel like I don't even get the origin of half of their bits, like Sean randomly omitting words from sentences ("Nick, did you make movie?"), but they still just make me die laughing. Binge listen incoming.

If you want to actually know the origin of most of their bits, you should listen to Reality SHOW Show. It really is an origin story for their personas and a lot of the stuff they do on HH.

• Like 7

Yeah, good call. As a PSA, I will let everybody know that if you like Hollywood Handbook and have not listened to Sean & Hayes' former podcast, Reality SHOW Show, you are not living your life correctly. It's like having 39 new episodes of Hollywood Handbook. Sometimes I think it's funnier, actually...

You don't have to know anything about reality shows to enjoy the show. But yeah, you do get to see them develop the characters they eventually play on Hollywood Handbook, and the origin of bits such as everything being too scary.

• Like 9

I tried the first ep of Reality Show Show after I'd caught up on my HH binge and needed a fix, but I know nothing about reality TV and had a hard time following it. But the comments above are my own personal "ehhh, wrong" clarion call to give it another shot.

• Like 3

Yeah, good call. As a PSA, I will let everybody know that if you like Hollywood Handbook and have not listened to Sean & Hayes' former podcast, Reality SHOW Show, you are not living your life correctly. It's like having 39 new episodes of Hollywood Handbook. Sometimes I think it's funnier, actually...

You don't have to know anything about reality shows to enjoy the show. But yeah, you do get to see them develop the characters they eventually play on Hollywood Handbook, and the origin of bits such as everything being too scary.

RSS definitely has more unfiltered laughter.

• Like 2

Hey, c'mon, ain't no use mopin bout jokin

S'all good in this neighborhood. Oh wait, were you asking about my pubes? Meh, either way. S'all good.

also, i love Saves the Day.

I got banned from their message board in high school.

• Like 2

Relistening to the table read on the walk home. My god if it isn't the best. It would've been ok alone, but the additions of live, saves the day, and alien ant farm pushed me over the top. To the point I wanted to stop, explain myself to strangers who gave me weird looks. I mean, 1.5 hours isn't an inappropriate amount of time to keep a stranger, right? Especially when the effects of the drugs will wear off quickly... Man, I seriously loved the insane intensity of this show. "I won't call him that" "She calls him that" "Dad"

To any tension here, if the late great Harris Wittles taught us anything it's that muthafucka's wanna laugh. If some muthafucka want to laugh at some things and other muthafucka's want to laugh at other things, can't wall agree that we are just muthafucka's form anotha motha?

Wow, see the table read was what I thought was awful about the episode. I enjoyed Hayes and Sean during the interview portion, and I think that was still a lot of their shtick rather than general CBB randomness, but it completely devolved in that table read. It felt like a situation that could come up on a normal CBB episode and be done very well but to me it was completely forgettable, the 2 extra players gave me nothing memorable. Would have been very into it if I stopped listening when that started

You can skip to any moment in this episode and within 5 seconds you will hear an "mm hmm".

But you'd also hear on mic off mic laughter from literally nothing. Are these 2 guys so in love with each other that no matter the subject, one has to start fake snickering the second the other starts speaking? That was god awful and just grated on me the entire episode. Was fully on board in the first 45 or so, the table read was not up to CBB standards, sorry HHHeads. Will definitely not start regularly listening to it if I'm going to have to put up with the forced snickering.

Seriously don't understand how any of you didn't find that distracting. Stop jimmy fallon-ing and back away from the mic if you cant hold back laughter every 9 seconds!!

(i move away from the mic to laugh)

Regarding Reality Show Show, a man once asked

"Would I like Reality Show Show even if I hate reality shows, never seen a reality show and am completely unaware of the tropes?"

and from the mountains God delivered the answer

"That is how you best enjoy the show, i mean they had a girl with only one arm on the bachelor and made her do a bunch of physical tasks where she felled down and cried lmao that's bonkers level cray cray"

• Like 14