🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 84 — Moments of Greatness, Our Constant Companions

I think there should be an episode 84.5 of short best-of clips. I'm sure we could crowdsource the whole thing and find our favorite <1 min clips from every episode.

• Like 3

I'm still working through my re-listen of the show and I have a very important question. Is the Isla Schlesinger episode...good?

• Like 8

Is the Isla Schlesinger episode...good?

Definitely, listen to how much fun Sean & Hayes have playing off her antagonism, and then how much fun they all together have when she totally gets it.

Does anyone here listen to Pistol Shrimps radio? It's hilarious, Mark McConville and Matt Gourley are to local women's basketball what the boys are to movies

• Like 14

I'm still working through my re-listen of the show and I have a very important question. Is the Isla Schlesinger episode...good?

I recall being surprised, which we all know is the most important element in comedy, at my enjoyment of her episode. I've never really connected with her standup material, but I found her to be a delightful counterpart to the boys.

• Like 3

Does anyone here listen to Pistol Shrimps radio? It's hilarious, Mark McConville and Matt Gourley are to local women's basketball what the boys are to movies

I owe you a lifedebt for bringing this thing to my attention. Thank you!

• Like 6

I owe you a lifedebt for bringing this thing to my attention. Thank you!

likewise. you're a very good bear.

• Like 4

Agata thanks for finally answering my AA question. Even though it was from months ago, and I texted you right after saying nevermind after I found some evaporated milk, I'm glad your listeners know the answer now. ALSO: Was everyone here aware that Agata HATES Greggy's pretzels? I was pretty blown away by that.

• Like 11

Hey Steve, you still have one hurdle to to jump, getting that elusive ClemDawg like. Can't give up now bud!

He's still working on that coveted Bozos like as well I do believe.

• Like 15

Definitely, listen to how much fun Sean & Hayes have playing off her antagonism, and then how much fun they all together have when she totally gets it.

I definitely love Sean and Hayes on this episode; they seem to take great delight in people not understanding their personas. Schelinger is so antagonistic though, to the point where I had trouble liking her even after she "gets" the show. She also unironically uses the word retarded, which isn't great.

• Like 5

ALSO: Was everyone here aware that Agata HATES Greggy's pretzels? I was pretty blown away by that.

Also she seems to hate liver and onions? like the very concept of L&O as a meal seemed an outlandish joke, to her? Agata... messed up.

• Like 3

Anybody want to photoshop BJ Novak to look Spanish?

I started to but it got very racist very quickly.

• Like 3

YEEESSS SO GOOD. Listened to all of superego because of this.

"Do you know the bucket man? Who lives on 2-point lane"

• Like 5

ALSO: Was everyone here aware that Agata HATES Greggy's pretzels? I was pretty blown away by that.

she hasnt had my pretzels yet, you can tell because she doesnt like soft pretzels right now

• Like 9

Anybody want to photoshop BJ Novak to look Spanish?

I started to but it got very racist very quickly.

r0qNvGo.jpg?1

So I think I avoided the racism, but I might've opened another can of problems.

• Like 7

Thank you Hayes and Sean very much for putting me and my phone number in the best of. I finally have something to say when my friend David Grohl asks if someone is getting the best of me :wub: :wub:

I hear you got invited to join Foo Fighters. Speak on that.

• Like 5

Yeah they said they needed a guy that could play that one Blues Traveler song. No one else in the band knew all the chords.

I had to quit when Dave Grohl slapped a calculator out of my hand (I was calculating my $-per-chord ratio--pretty nice) and he said I was relying too much on technology or something and that real music came from the heart so I was like "oh yeah??" and I showed him that they have songs on the internet now and he cried and quit the biz

back up

• Like 7

I'm glad Intern Andy's segment with Lauren Lapkus not only made the cut, but led off the entire show! I'd like to think I contributed in some small way to that. And the PFT segment was also perfect for the CBB crowd, that's possibly the only other clip that would have been a better intro. He couldn't stop laughing!

Engineer Rashid's "movies that don't suck" line was randomly hilarious too, offer him a long term contract.

• Like 3