🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 84 — Moments of Greatness, Our Constant Companions

back up

Dave Grohl invented music when he first crawled out of the mud and slapped his fins on the ground and was like "dang this is tight I'm gonna play in a band called Nirvana"

• Like 15

I don't there will ever be a better analogy for anything. You win CFSL

• Like 3

getting a like from Jeff Ullrich is like getting a valentine from the teacher

lol

• Like 13

Also she seems to hate liver and onions? like the very concept of L&O as a meal seemed an outlandish joke, to her? Agata... messed up.

the idea of being invited to a friend's house for dinner and them making liver and onions is pretty funny to me, yes. maybe this is a cultural thing?

• Like 5

Legit question: Did anyone try Harry's razors. I'm thinking of giving it a shot, especially if the promo code still works.

• Like 5

Legit question: Did anyone try Harry's razors. I'm thinking of giving it a shot, especially if the promo code still works.

i started using them based on jimmy pardo's recommendation on NNF before harrys was even advertising on podcasts. i still use them, they're very good razors.

i mention the length of time only to show they stand the test of time, not trying to intimate i've been using them before they were cool or anything like that

• Like 6

Yeah I have them. They're fine. I don't notice them being particularly better than my other razors but they're equally as good and so much cheaper

• Like 2

They're good, but they keep trying to sell my lazy ass more razors than I need.

I use smoothies

This actually an interesting topic: does/has anyone use the products they're always advertising on podcasts? I've used Harry's razors, but I think it was before I ever heard them on a podcast ad (i definitely am trying to intimate that I was using them before they were cool). I signed up for Squarespace b/c I had some dumb idea for a website that I was too lazy to follow through with, so I let that lapse. And my glasses are from Warby Parker..

I started typing this thinking I was going to say that I don't think I've ever bought anything, but turns out that's not true. Nice work, Midroll! You got me you sneaky bastards.

I've never used stamps.com, or signed up for anything where they send you boxes of shit or underwear or socks, or snacks or whatever. Also, that company that makes the shirts that are made to be tucked in is the worst idea I've ever heard.

• Like 1

I use those fancy Gillette ProGlides as I shave my head and I've been nervous to 'slum it' with other razors, but I'd love to pay less. Might give Harry's a trial run.

most products advertised on podcasts seem like real garbage, but harrys is good

• Like 4

i have dropped many hundreds of dollars on stuff from bonobos. I love their clothes, but I can generally only afford to shop their sale items

• Like 3

I think I bought a pair of sneakers from bonobos with a promo code from CBB. Turns out I'm really susceptible to advertising and never realized it.

• Like 6

Thanks very much

• Like 2

r0qNvGo.jpg?1

So I think I avoided the racism, but I might've opened another can of problems.

Thanks very much

• Like 3

I think I'd like to hear Marc Maron on the handbook. It would be terrible, but it could also be surprisingly great. Speak on that.

• Like 3

I think Marc Maron would probably be the least cooperative guest, but not in the oblivious Pauly Shore sort of way. I think he would be actively opposed to the premise of the show and it would be very funny.

• Like 5

I've never listened to Maron. I get the sense he might not be my mug of holands. That said, I would LOVE seeing the boys sit around the table with Verner Herzog.

• Like 7

I think it might be good. A lot of people sort of half nervously play along, but it's always funny when the guest calls them out on their relationship with plurals, etc...To hear Maron go off and S&H pretending not to know what he's talking about has potential I think.

• Like 3

It wouldn't be good. It would, in fact, be not good.

Also, I shop on Bonobos a lot. They really do make great clothes that are albeit a bit expensive but I bought a pair of jeans off them that I wear all the time, Best jeans I've ever bought. My glasses are also from Warby Parker but that has nothing to do with the shows, I just like their glasses.

Also also, fuck you guys! haha jk but seriously

• Like 15