🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 84 — Moments of Greatness, Our Constant Companions

Congrats, honlads. Here's to 500 more.....today. Get to work.

• Like 6

I believe the only cooking shows worth watching are the ones in which Gordon Ramsay yells at children

great first post

Damn, Chefszki, I didn't see you post about me telling you great first post and still riding that high. I would've waited till the next page at least to let you have that joy still before telling BradCarlson how great that post was.

Sorry but that's tough love.

• Like 4

Got a job at Buzzfeed and here is a sneak peek at my first article!!

24 things that are general statements and are broad enough to make you think they relate to you in your 20s and 30s:

1) You're finally realizing that life is really full of a lot of responsibilities and isn't that actually really hard!?

2) You have to go to work in the mornings and it's hard to get out of bed!

3) You think about your time spent in college and you miss it!

4) It's like you NEVER have enough money! Isn't that frustrating!?

5) What the heck are you doing with your life is a question that you think about a lot!

6) You have a Netflix account

7) You realize that a night in with pizza, wine and Netflix is better than going to a bar!!

8) You love going out to a bar and dancing and not spending your nights in with pizza, wine and Netflix like a loser!

9) You go to your family reunion and people keep asking you why you aren't married and have six kids

10) You look at people having babies and getting engaged and you're so glad that isn't you

11) You wish that you were getting engaged and starting a family

12) You realize that having a Netflix account is way better than getting engaged! Ummm hello, can you binge watch every season of Breaking Bad on an engagement ring!!!

13) Coffee? Uhhh, yes please!

14) Sometimes you stay up real late watching Netflix and you think "Oh boy, I'm gonna regret THIS in the morning when I have to wake up early for work! Getting out of bed is hard!"

15) You watched an episode of Boy Meets World before

16) You wonder why Boy Meets World isn't on Netflix

17) You look back on the 90's and think if anyone else remembers stuff from the 90's. Like am I the only one who remembers pizza lunchables?!

18) You wonder why pizza lunchables can't be streamed on Netflix

19) You actually really love pizza and isn't that fun?

20) Dating is hard and that makes you a little sad because you have a Netflix account and isn't that enough?

21) One Direction? We had Nirvana and they don't make music like that anymore, you think to yourself.

22) You remember playing Nintendo and now kids today carry around nintendos in their hands! Isn't that messed up?!

23) You didn't get carded that one time you bought alcohol and you thought, "Oh brother! I'm getting old!!"

24) Netflix is pretty cool and you like it

• Like 24

I'm quite proud that the Hollywood Handbook wiki is getting more and more robust by the day. I'd say it's pretty solid at identifying an episode by searching if you're ever stumped, and will be ridiculously overly detailed in a few months if the re-listen we're in the process of doing maintains its momentum.

Here are the annotations from the best-of Ep. 84, although I'm sure many of you already know this stuff. It's pretty fun to go down the rabbit hole based off this ep though, there are transcripts of the Spider-man short story for example. There are also 23 Earwolf forum users pages so far, basically if you had a popcorn gallery question or pro version in the first 11 episodes (so far) you're in there baby.

Please contribute if you want! There is likely enough of a framework that you can add stuff to your favorite episodes, or the guest pages, or forums users, or whatever. You don't even need an account.

Also does anyone know who Erica Thompson is? Hayes suggests that Ellie Kemper sing about her, did she used to have a different account name on here? I'm usually good at figuring out things on the order of hugLife now being Inner G' and the like but I'm stumped on this one

• Like 8

Also does anyone know who Erica Thompson is? Hayes suggests that Ellie Kemper sing about her, did she used to have a different account name on here? I'm usually good at figuring out things on the order of hugLife now being Inner G' and the like but I'm stumped on this one

It's Erika, with a k.

• Like 3

Got a job at Buzzfeed and here is a sneak peek at my first article!!

After you get your Buzzfeed cred could you write a "Ten Reasons why Hollywood Handbook is the best podcast you aren't listening to"?

• Like 1

Damn. Chanson, is your post that mentions Vader, WA too many posts ago for me to post a picture of the wrestler Vader? It's kinda my thing. I could even use one from his Boy Meets World appearance since bringing up old shows is so funny.

ONLY TRUE NERDS WILL REMEMBER there is a certain other Vader who is quite Darth ;-)

• Like 11

Joe, I had a portable Nintendo when I was a kid in the '90s, so take that.

• Like 4

Recently caught up on all episodes of HH. This is the first time I've had to wait a whole week for new content and it's killing me....

• Like 3

Joe, I had a portable Nintendo when I was a kid in the '90s, so take that.

I'll take that

With a grain of salt!!!!!!!!

Or two!!!!!!

• Like 3

i cooked pork bangers. must have did someething wrong because the skin didn't have any bite to it.

england mates, tell me the best way to make bangers!

• Like 2

where is steveH?

Don't say his name. We just successfully finished banning him to his home dimension of Postopia and I don't want to have to go through the process of trying to send him back through that portal again.

• Like 4

he's probably teaching his son wrestling moves, thats like 90% of a dad's day

• Like 14

Dear Colt Barton,

I saw this in Olympia yesterday and would like you to explain it to me:

1080x1440.jpeg.63ebca6d7254456ab3492ecd55848e77_zpsw6i7dmu8.jpg

Thanks in advance.

• Like 2

Dear Colt Barton,

I saw this in Olympia yesterday and would like you to explain it to me:

1080x1440.jpeg.63ebca6d7254456ab3492ecd55848e77_zpsw6i7dmu8.jpg

Thanks in advance.

It is a kitty cat.

• Like 10

It is a kitty cat.

Actually it's a sidewalk and the tiles of the bottom part of a street-level commercial building façade with a girl's leg and brightly colored boot. There is also a cat on a leash.

I am on the record as saying I do not like jokes or fun. Do not test me on this.

• Like 4

Actually it's a sidewalk and the tiles of the bottom part of a street-level commercial building façade with a girl's leg and brightly colored boot. There is also a cat on a leash.

I am on the record as saying I do not like jokes or fun. Do not test me on this.

OK Chanson, this is my time to shine,

Why did the cookie go to the doctor?

He felt crumby.

Ha, get it?

If that didn't change your mind on jokes then nothing will.

• Like 9

OK Chanson, this is my time to shine,

Why did the cookie go to the doctor?

He felt crumby.

Ha, get it?

If that didn't change your mind on jokes then nothing will.

I don't get it.

Doctors are for people. Cookies are for eating. Some people like eating crumbly cookies. It's a real shame that you would infer that there's something wrong with a crumbly cookie. So wrong, in fact, that the cookie would need to go see a human doctor because it's unhealthy. Cookies should be proud of themselves whatever their consistency. All cookies are beautiful the way they are. People like you are the reason why racism isn't dead in this country.

• Like 6