🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

The perfect companion piece to Face/Off. I think this answers Pauls question why Face/Off couldnt just go with magical realism to explain the face trading. Because then we end up with something like this.

Am I the only one who knew absolutely nothing about this movies existence?

I remember seeing the trailer and instantly thinking "Is Adam Sandler going to fuck his mom while he looks like his dad?!"

• Like 1

A friend of mine forced me to watch this recently, and it is absolutely one of the worst movies I've seen, and manages to be offensive to black, Jewish, Asian, and transgender people all at once. It comes from the writer/director of The Station Agent and Win/Win, which are both good! And it has a creepy scene of Adam Sandler pretending to be his long-lost dad (Dustin Hoffman) for the purpose of "treating" his mom to one last date. She then promptly dies. This movie is unreal. Also, I don't believe there's a Sandler movie in the HDTGM oeuvre, and this would be the perfect entry.

This movie is so fucking weird. I cant believe it was made recently. If I found out they filmed it 10 years ago and then buried it until now I wouldnt question it for a second.

The studios clearly knew it was a dud they spent zero dollars on advertising this thing.

I really wish Sandler would drop his pretentions and make a movie where his character is an unlikable fuckhead, and all kinds of racist, homophobic and otherwise insulting shit happens around him. You know, something you can "turn your brain off" to.

HDTGM crew please do this movie now! Such an insane movie and with Tom McCarthy up for an Oscar for Spotlight it's fascinating to think he made one of the best movies as well as one of the worst in 2015. Not to mention his track record with The Station Agent and Up, seriously how did this get made?

I mean obviously Adam Sandler is a big albatross around the neck of any movie but the story choices are so perplexingly bad that Sandler is clearly only part of the problem. Blake Harris' deep dive into the oral history of this movie would be a must read.

If you agree please chime in so we can get this one done ASAP!

Sign in to follow this