🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 85 — David Letterman, Our Close Friend

Rite Aid make anyone else sign up for this Plenti bullshit? Why doesn't my Wellness card work anymore? The fuck, Rite Aid?

Edit: I wasn't sure this was the appropriate forum for this but I really didn't know who else to turn to.

I don't like how they are being forced to tell you to "be well". Don't tell me how to be.

CVS 4 LIFE

• Like 3

I don't like how they are being forced to tell you to "be well". Don't tell me how to be.

CVS 4 LIFE

I'm sorry, the answer we were looking for was Bartell's. Washington's Bartell Drugs. Family owned since 1890.

Nice try though.

Would have also accepted Vashon Pharmacy.

You think we give out free cars here for wrong answers like some kind of Oprah? Is that what you think this is?

• Like 9

Since Will got rudely cut off by Hayes I'll finish reading off some of the tweets he's been sharing of classic Dave jokes throughout the years.

1983: "Hey Paul, did you see the Laverne and Shirley finale? Surely, you must have. Surely... you must have."

1989: "Hey Paul, have you seen this Hulk Hogan guy? I wouldn't like to see him angry."

1995: "Hey Paul, are you on this World Wide Web thing yet? Well tell the spider I say hello."

2001: "Here at the Late Show we are all mourning the horrible events of the September 11th attacks, but if these despicable acts made Paul Shaffer cry I'd say the terrorists won."

2010: "Hey Paul, it's World Cup time again. I know you and I don't watch soccer but the players sure get a kick out of it."

2015: "Hey Paul, have you seen this dress everyone is going wild over? Uhh, I don't get it, where's the rest of her?" ...

"I can't inappropriately grope an empty dress."

• Like 24

I thought I should try to learn more about Dave. So I decided to buy this cool biography, mostly about Dave's childhood and early family life. You should all read it, it's G-O-O-D.

letterman%20biography.jpg

• Like 14

I'm kinda new here, how do we usually get to 18 pages? Does somebody want to argue with me?

In the immortal words of King Arthur, this is a silly place, but unlike Camelot you should come here! The only read drama is around here involves the name of the poster who was first. It's a real 'will they' (accept me)/'won't they' (stop asking him to change his name). So far the consensus seems to be 'no' on all counts.

• Like 3

Hi Guys-

I recorded a cover version of my favorite song and wanted to share it.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 16

Hi Guys-

I recorded a cover version of my favorite song and wanted to share it.

I'd like to imagine you bought a guitar and spent days watching final cut pro tutorial videos on youtube just to make this.

• Like 12

I also learned how to play guitar just for this

• Like 4

I'd like to imagine you bought a guitar and spent days watching final cut pro tutorial videos on youtube just to make this.

I enjoy that your imagination assumes he already had the wig.

• Like 16

Real nice job there Steven. Obviously nothing can top Tim's version but yours comes close because it has something special: the spirit of the blues. R.I.P. B.B.

• Like 14

Real nice job there Steven. Obviously nothing can top Tim's version but yours comes close because it has something special: the spirit of the blues. R.I.P. B.B.

Glad you caught that A Bear. I was really trying to channel his spirit. I should have put a dedication at the end of the video

• Like 5

Hey gang, let's endeavor to stay on topic and talk about the episode of Hollywood Handbook this whole thread instead of descending into chaos like we usually do.

Thanks,

Corpsefucker Shitlord

• Like 14

I heard that guy got Bell Biv Devoed. Is that what also happen to Dave?

• Like 2

This ep was very fun and funny. I love that Sean never closed down his babysitting business once he started getting his showbiz jobs. And he's been doing it this whole time?! He just loves babysitting.

This episode was great and everything, but what really stole the show, were the photos! Look at these two super smiles...and why was the studio so dimly lit? Inquiring minds want to know.

IMG_2634.jpg

Also, look at this great photo in the plant. What?! These crazy fools are standing in a plant! So wacky! I love it.

IMG_2641.jpg

• Like 18

Oh! Thanks for the clarification, greggy. I thought maybe it was because Will Hines demands a chill environment whenever he's in a room and the florescent lights were harshing his mellow. But I was clearly wrong.

• Like 3

I just know that, as someone who listened to BB King every day, and anxiously awaited every new album of his, to hear of his passing at the tender age of 107 was a GREAT, great tragedy to the world of music. I'm glad to see that StepheH was able to keep just a little bit of that great bluesman's spirit alive.

For those of us who aren't able to see the blues firsthand at that Hollywood Cafe on Beale Street in Memphis, a video like that is as close as we can come to real thing.

• Like 3

Steve, I liked how there was a whole bunch of seemingly random noise throughout your cover that made it difficult to hear the lyrics or the music.

• Like 7

Steve, I liked how there was a whole bunch of seemingly random noise throughout your cover that made it difficult to hear the lyrics or the music.

You probably can't tell this from watching the video since the lip synching is so good, but the song was recorded separately from the video. I'm not too good at computers, so all that noise is my squeaky chair from me rocking so fucking hard and not knowing how to mute the sound from the video component.

• Like 4

Lip synching? You're trying to tell me those weren't your dulcet tones I was hearing through my phone speakers?

• Like 2

Guess those tutorials didn't pay off.

• Like 3

Hey Handbook Heads, I'm headed out on tour in a few days and I'm going to a bunch of places I've never been before. If anybody in a city where I don't know anyone wants to come see my band, I will happily put you on the guest list. And if I can't do that, I will buy you a beer or something...IF you can pass my test to see if you are a TRUE FAN!

(jk please come hang out with me, it'd be great to meet some of y'all)

Dates behind this spoiler tag, don't click if you don't wanna get spoiled!

ZOLTARS TOUR 2015

Friday 5.29 Austin @ Beerland w/ Xetas, James Arthur's Manhunt, Endless Youth

Saturday 5.30 Ft. Worth @ Lola?s Saloon w/ War Party, Panic Volcanic, Concrete Robot

Sunday 5.31 Little Rock, AK @ Stickyz w/ Open Fields, The Uh Huhs, GG Earth

Monday 6.1 Nashville, TN @ The End w/ Faux Ferocious, Step Sisters

Tuesday 6.2 Asheville, NC @ Tiger Mountain w/TBA

Wednesday 6.3 Richmond, VA @ Strange Matter w/ Decide by Friday

Thursday 6.4 NYC @ Union Pool w/ Painted Zeros, Savants

Friday 6.5 Philadelphia, PA @ Kung Fu Necktie w/ Night Windows, Pilkington, The Deadeyes

Saturday 6.6 WPRB in-studio (Princeton)

Sunday 6.7 Cleveland, OH @ Happy Dog w/ Sleeping Bag

Monday 6.8 Detroit, MI @ PJ?s Lager House w/ Dead Waves, Lemix J. Buckley

Tuesday 6.9 Chicago, IL @ Schubas w/ The Man, Spike and The Sweet Spots

Wednesday 6.10 Bloomington, IN @ Bishop Bar w/ Frankie and The Witch Fingers

Thursday 6.11 St. Louis, MO @ Heavy Anchor w/ Karen Meat & the Computer, Bagheera

Friday 6.12 Memphis @ Murphy?s w/ Switchblade Kid, Wray

• Like 22

Oh yeah, also a truly excellent episode. Anybody who doesn't laugh at "Marc Macaroni" is someone I do not want to know.

• Like 15

Hey RanRan, I'll come to the Philly show.

• Like 7