🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 85 — David Letterman, Our Close Friend

some guy in the comments said these guys were corporate puppets. Is that true?

...Sean and Hayes write on a show for Comedy Central which is owned by Viacom. I don't know if an exec puts his hand up their asses on a regular basis though, so I don't know if they're technically puppets.

PS - Please be more respectful of Joe McGurl, he is very sensitive.

PPS - Fuck you, Tim.

• Like 7

Not Sean and Hayes... grunge superstars, Candlebox. Chanson, you probably know them since you're from Seattle or whatever. I'd really like to know if they were puppets, or muppets, or animotrons

• Like 3

No love for New Orleans? Also, which Saves the Day songs do you guys do?

That's correct, we hate New Orleans. Fuck that place! You think just cause you're a very fun and beautiful city with lots of cool stuff I gotta like you? Well, you thought wrong, New Orleans.

We play all the best Saves the Day songs but we put our own "spin" on them so they might sound a little different and you might not recognize them.

• Like 15

Why are you not playing in Belfast?

If it's because of The Troubles that stuff is pretty much over.

• Like 13

RanRan, I cannot help but take it as a personal insult that you've confined your tour to the continental 48. The antipodes cry out for thee! and such and such.

COME PLAY HERE, I CAN'T EVEN BUY MOST THE STUFF ADVERTISED; I WANNA SUPPORT PEEPS

• Like 7

tayto

• Like 6

You were born to pie...

also

Live free, pie hard...

McGurl is our American Pie.

• Like 3

Hey this is cool and fun and I like jokes but don't talk about potatoes that way theyre p important to me alright great goodbye

• Like 14

its all fun and games until a potato loses an I'm sorry for posting this

• Like 14

Hey everyone I know this forum is mainly about discussing either:

• Erotic tool-time fan fiction
  • How we've used the handbook to pull one over on the Hollywood Elite
  • The occupations of our fathers (only if they happen to be a boat captain)

But I've got a pretty rando q about podcasts. That question being, anyone know any good ones for following the current events and the news? I know a google search could have probably given me the answer I wanted in the time it took me to write this post, but I think of you all as taste-makers, and I'm too lazy to do that other thing.

• Like 5

Sorry, can't help you. I don't know what's happening in the world bc I listen to too many comedy podcasts and spend too much time on this forum. I hope they catch that Saddam Hussein.

• Like 3

Don't know if this is the right forum for this but...what is marzipan?

• Like 11

But I've got a pretty rando q about podcasts. That question being, anyone know any good ones for following the current events and the news? I know a google search could have probably given me the answer I wanted in the time it took me to write this post, but I think of you all as taste-makers, and I'm too lazy to do that other thing.

I listen to The Bugle. Super good p-cast hosted by Andy Zaltzman and John Oliver. They cover the news pretty well and they're really funny.

• Like 4

I don't listen to any news podcasts, but the twitter is a pretty decent way to get close to realtime info and links to quality reporting. That is if you follow journalists. Most of the folks I follow are either academics or frontline journalists. If you find a few voices that seem reasonable you can usually expand from there to pull in other interesting perspectives. Those I follow are fairly biased towards the Africa/national security side of things, but feel free to browse @houstonshearon if that is helpful.

• Like 3

Looking for media about current events and news? Boy do I have the thing for you!

• Like 7

when is greggy going to be big time twitter star like rob delaney or jaden smith?

he already is a star imo but i mean like famous

• Like 12

thats very sweet to say...twitter is 100% a meritocracy unforch so obviously im a bad person irl

• Like 9

Don't know if this is the right forum for this but...what is marzipan?

This is marzipan

K52KvKW.jpg

Hope this helped

• Like 12

I'm gonna have to second that "The Bugle" recommendation, it's shorter than most p-casts, but it's just a great song and a great way for Howard to kick off his chart.

No but seriously, it's a great pod. Who Charted I mean.

No but seriously,

Seriously,

seriously

seriously...

Guys, I can't stop, I'm getting scared...

edit- I DO THINK THE BUGLE IS A GOOD PODCAST! *sigh* that feels better.

• Like 4

I ate a chicken sandwich with mayonnaise when I listened to this episode today.

• Like 1

nx516x.jpg

As of this writing, I'm about to see the Thursday night screening of the new Cameron Crowe movie "Aloha" by myself. Very excited.

I'll see you guys on the other side.

• Like 8

This is marzipan

Thank you for this Jjar binks. Homestar is very dear to my heart. I like you. I think we can be friends if you try hard enough

• Like 4

I ate a chicken sandwich with mayonnaise when I listened to this episode today.

Speaking of. Has anyone seen kitens lately? Hope he didn't lose another frisbee

• Like 5