🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 28 - Ben Schwartz: Second Chances with Donald Faulter

Welcome back to Second Chances with Donald Faulter (Ben Schwartz), the show in which you can reach those in the afterlife including loved ones, historical figures, and celebrities. On the 1000th episode, Donald is joined by yogurt contest winner and famous acrobat Salmy McFurft all the way from India. Salmy gets closure as she communicates with her grandmother, father, and Bea Arthur. Plus, Traci Reardon finally gets to ask her grandmother a very important question as well as offer her advice to Twitter followers in her recurring segment, “Help Me, Rhonda.”

Holy shit, Benny Schwass (not sure about the proper spelling...) brought it with the improv! The character setup was meta-bonkers!

• Like 2

vn0ajs.jpg

pennyhartz-socute.gif

Heart eyes for days

• Like 11

There better be a new CBB Solo Bolo soon

• Like 3

this is so brilliant.

accents!

(what is benny's accent?)

• Like 3

(Spoiler alert!) This post is gonna be a stone cold bummer.

Ben touched on one of the most heartbreaking moments i've heard in any podcast. It was his appearance on the dead authors podcast when he played Roald Dahl. (this is just from my terrible memroy) He was asked a question about Dahl's apparent anti-semitism based on a quote "There's a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity ... I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere, even a stinker like Hitler didn't just pick on them for no reason".

I freaking love that Ben can find something funny in a situation as absolutely horrible as that. What a champ!

I hope there are many more Solo Bolo's and Bro-down Hoedowns to come!

House of Pies!!!!!!!!

• Like 5

This episode is amazing. Possibly the fastest paced episode ever.

• Like 1

Ben touched on one of the most heartbreaking moments i've heard in any podcast. It was his appearance on the dead authors podcast when he played Roald Dahl. (this is just from my terrible memroy) He was asked a question about Dahl's apparent anti-semitism based on a quote "There's a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity ... I mean there is always a reason why anti-anything crops up anywhere, even a stinker like Hitler didn't just pick on them for no reason".

I just listened to that episode last night and it seriously broke my heart when Benny was like, "well good thing I wasn't a little boy that really enjoyed those books" ...poor love

I also love times like during the 90s theme song segment Ben is too excited to share a Ben Schwartz story that he is literally unable to stay in character

• Like 7

Dahl also wrote the screenplay for You Only Live Twice, a contender for the most racist Bond movie of them all, and that's not an easy feat.

• Like 2

I also love times like during the 90s theme song segment Ben is too excited to share a Ben Schwartz story that he is literally unable to stay in character

Even before that, Lauren was like "Oh, I know this..." and totally dropped the character voice. That whole part was amazing.

• Like 5

I imagine the world plays out like a giant musical in ole benny schwaaaaazzzzs head. How many time he must get blank stares as he is seen ordering his food to the music of south pacific dancing on tables.

• Like 3

oh god, I think I may have given myself a hernia trying to stifle laughter at Traci singing. I'm so glad this exists.

• Like 3

These two are great. This episode is great. The 90s tv show theme song detour is great. Fat Albert dad is great. It's all great.

I've relistened to the part where she dismisses ever talking to her father again several times and I could swear there is some very off mic PFT laughter right there.

• Like 3

The cartoon theme song segment got me so hard, both on an "these are references almost strategically targeted to my age" level and on a "this is just a joyful, beautiful moment" level.

• Like 4

The cartoon theme song segment got me so hard, both on an "these are references almost strategically targeted to my age" level and on a "this is just a joyful, beautiful moment" level.

the New Kids on The Block Step by Step part was perfect

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this