🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
chicknsandwich

Do any of you Handbook-heads have bands? If so, plug them here!

I still have a band that likes to play shows but is never invited to play said shows :)

I really like your album, and when I get a pretty penny I'll drop it into your bandcamp. Also, If you're ever in SWFL your band is invited to play in my basement for up to 7 other people.

• Like 1

I play shows with whoever isn't lazy enough, sometimes we cover songs of this album which was a huge influence for me

Gun Club for lyyfe!

"Cop Head Washes Ashore!" -Sean Clements

• Like 3

i know there are skulls on the cover but it's not scary i promise!

At least we don't see the teeth

• Like 1

I play in a band called ultimate golf, we do garage punk with alt-country and post-rock influences. people have suggested we sound like the minutemen, and we really love bands like into it over it and pup and radiator hospital.

you can listen to us at ultimategolf.bandcamp.com and we have a facebook page! we have our second gig in over a year this wednesday, wish us luck!

i have a band called Locas. locas.bandcamp.com is where you will find our demo from last year, we're recording again soon. back then we were a 2-piece and now we have a third member so it'll be more full sounding on the next time around. riyl Jawbreaker, Pavement, Dino Jr, Joyce Manor, Title Fight, any other stuff between indie rock and post-hardcore/emo

your riyl is spot on, I really dig your stuff!

Cheebs when is LOCAS releasing their CBB plug theme?

pfft, in your (my) dreams

if we had access to recording equipment for which we don't have to pay, we would have recorded so many songs for podcasts

• Like 2

i enjoy all of your music! pretty nice to have so many handbook heads music heads, but then it's natural considering how we are such renaissance men and women. i too make music, but the only stuff online is wonky four track stuff https://soundcloud.c...rack-recordings

• Like 2

i enjoy all of your music! pretty nice to have so many handbook heads music heads, but then it's natural considering how we are such renaissance men and women. i too make music, but the only stuff online is wonky four track stuff https://soundcloud.c...rack-recordings

and there's a song i sung for my friend that is better produced https://soundcloud.c...e-turning-tides (but it's silly don't destroy me with you cutting wit) we even got to do a daytrotter session for that

welcome to daytrotter this is hayes and sean (my wish)

• Like 1

i dont think u know how many times i've listened to the Death Cab for Cutie daytrotter sessions, it might be more than anyone else in the world.

• Like 1

I play shows with whoever isn't lazy enough, sometimes we cover songs of this album which was a huge influence for me

Gun Club for lyyfe!

"Cop Head Washes Ashore!" -Sean Clements

I rarely go a week or two without giving Fire of Love another listen, quite possibly a perfect album!

One time a silly person told me that Jack on Fire sounded like a ripoff of the Pixies, and boy did I grow an inch or two in height when I showed off my musical intelligence by explaining that this album came out 6 years before the Pixies' first album.

I do make full-length songs, but have been keeping it to silly jingles and themes as of late.

You can hear my latest foray into Womp It Up and all my Plugs themes + some other assorted recordings at http://SoundCloud.com/face-like-thunder

I'd been looking for that Tom Waits plugs theme! I forgot who submitted it and what episode it was from. I saw Tom Waits perform live years ago in Seattle. I had an extra ticket so I took a beloved family friend along who is himself a musician. He grew up in L.A. in the 60s and claims to have gone to a music festival where Tiny Tim, Blue Cheer, and Janis Joplin performed. Blue Cheer was apparently so loud that "the sky cracked open." (Also he was on acid). He still says that the concert we went to was the weirdest and greatest concert he'd ever attended.